Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

PAL ::::: surprise!

miles-high

Bought an R/T ticket MNL-CEB a few weeks in advance. Had to cancel the trip a few days before the departure. A few weeks later, I emailed their refund desk requesting a credit to my CC. To my surprise, the entire amount was credited to my AMEX account two days later!

Thanks, PAL! I will forget about PHP200.00 you still owe me from 2014 (acknowledged but never refunded)... :D

• Like 1

rep1

so you didn't take it?? I heard their new business class is good, perhaps buy it for my mom later.

• Like 1

RogerDat

Good for you, you have a heart after all.

• Haha 1

liquido
On 8/12/2017 at 6:47 PM, miles-high said:

Bought an R/T ticket MNL-CEB a few weeks in advance. Had to cancel the trip a few days before the departure. A few weeks later, I emailed their refund desk requesting a credit to my CC. To my surprise, the entire amount was credited to my AMEX account two days later!

Thanks, PAL! I will forget about PHP200.00 you still owe me from 2014 (acknowledged but never refunded)... :D

I kind of had the samething happen with CP..The first time my credit card was credited but not the Guinness book of records time of 2 days but it was not a very long time and the other time I had it placed in my travel fund with CP which you get 90 days to use...I guess the words "customer service" are breaking into the dictionary here...

NigelandMJ

Last year Mid June, my father passed. I had been informed by my sister that he was very ill, so I travelled over to the UK to be with him. I spent nearly 2 weeks with him in the hospital before he actually passed.

I had previously in March done a round trip with the wife to HKG over 3 days to avail of the the Balikbayan privilege.

So, this time, when I came back from the UK via HKG, I arranged for the wife to fly over to HKG to meet me, and we would fly back to Cebu together. (to avail of the Balikbayan privilege)  All went well, until I went to get my boarding pass in HKG. They would not let me fly until I had an outward flight booked. I explained all the usual, marriage certificate etc. but to no avail. In the end, the flight was very near departing and still no boarding pass. I was basically forced to buy an outward ticket, which cost me about £380, one way!!!! 

We managed to get on the flight and made it home.

Anyway, I went to the BI office on several occasions, with the hope of getting to speak to someone higher up to confirm if the Airline was correct or not. Finally, I managed to speak to a very high ranking BI officer, who, confirmed that the airline company was wrong and that I should Ask to speak to their manager to put the situation right. I asked if I could quote her by name, and if she could give me a written confirmation. She declined. However, she said if I have any further problems with it, I should come back to speak to her.

Armed with this I went to the airline office and explained the situation. The Lady I spoke to, was very polite, and said that she would apply a cancellation of the booking and a reimbursement to my credit card, although she had to confer with her manager regarding the the cancellation fee. I was reimbursement with the full amount, and the cancellation fee was omitted. The phone call to confirm this took about 12 hours. The actual reimbursement was within 24 hours. I have to say I was impressed with this service in Cebu. Although the whole debacle should not have happened in the first place.

We did this same process again this year, although we both arrived in the evening in HKG, and flew back to Cebu early in the morning. When we picked up our boarding passes in HKG I asked if they require an outward ticket from the Philippines for me. Initially he said yes, but when I produced various printouts and pointed out what happened on the last occasion, he became a little cocky, and after looking at something on his PC screen. He said no, everything is fine. Gave us the boarding passes and all was good.

• Haha 1

Woolf
10 minutes ago, NigelandMJ said:

So, this time, when I came back from the UK via HKG, I arranged for the wife to fly over to HKG to meet me, and we would fly back to Cebu together. (to avail of the Balikbayan privilege)  All went well, until I went to get my boarding pass in HKG. They would not let me fly until I had an outward flight booked. I explained all the usual, marriage certificate etc. but to no avail. In the end, the flight was very near departing and still no boarding pass. I was basically forced to buy an outward ticket, which cost me about £380, one way!!!! 

As far as I can see you did not mention what airline ?

NigelandMJ
54 minutes ago, Woolf said:

As far as I can see you did not mention what airline ?

Cathay Pacific My apologies

• Haha 1