Sign in to follow this  
sierra01

Drinking water business

State Trooper

I was half owner of a Water Avenue franchise, I got out of the business. Most of your customers will want delivery. I found that 85% of the sales were delivery. We had 2 trikes and an 14' Elf for delivery and those vehicles were always breaking down. When they are off the road, your sales will suffer.

Business license was expensive, health permits and a franchise fee....then changing the filters every three days and getting the membranes cleaned, trying to keep drivers, its a real headache and not much profit.

We were grossing at bestP4000 day but at times half that,  but even at that the expense of supplies, equipment and general upkeep is surprising for this type of business. Electric was around 10k month, labor was paid by the bottle so that always varied, for example the driver got P1 for every bottle sold, same for the bottle washer. Net per bottle was about P8 and that was selling a container for P15 pickup, P20 delivered. And lots of competition that keeps your prices down.

Im still selling water but I let someone else produce it, deliver it and worry about the other costs.

Edited by State Trooper
  • Thanks 1

sierra01
3 minutes ago, State Trooper said:

I was half owner of a Water Avenue franchise, I got out of the business. Most of your customers will want delivery. I found that 85% of the sales were delivery. We had 2 trikes and an 14' Elf for delivery and those vehicles were always breaking down. When they are off the road, your sales will suffer.

Business license was expensive, health permits and a franchise fee....then changing the filters every three days and getting the membranes cleaned, trying to keep drivers, its a real headache and not much profit.

We were grossing about P4000 day. Electric was around 10k month, labor was paid by the bottle so that always varied, for example the driver got P1 for every bottle sold, same for the bottle washer. Net per bottle was about P8 and that was selling a container for P15 pickup, P20 delivered. And lots of competition that keeps your prices down.

Im still selling water but I let someone else produce it, deliver it and worry about the other costs.

Where was this?

sierra01
On 08/08/2017 at 4:26 PM, RogerDat said:

They sell systems for this. One location is basement of SM near supermarket.

I've just walked all round SM basement and I can't find it :(

RogerDat

Well, here is the only working number ( as of 430 pm 0n 16th) that I can find, and called them today. They speak English fairly well. Add on systems & osmosis Tec inc 32 343 9687.

Seams like all my references are no longer where they used to be, and they never post on old store where they moved.

sierra01
14 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

Well, here is the only working number ( as of 430 pm 0n 16th) that I can find, and called them today. They speak English fairly well. Add on systems & osmosis Tec inc 32 343 9687.

Seams like all my references are no longer where they used to be, and they never post on old store where they moved.

Got it, thanks.