Sign in to follow this  
sierra01

Akari Fan Repair

sierra01

it has a mist feature and ionizing.  The control panel had moisture in it, though I don't know where that come from, I presume it's shorted out or something.  The shop told me the panel needs replacing, it will switch on then immediately goes off again.  He did try to get it operating as a normal fan but couldn't manage it.

It was 6K, if I knew how much it would cost to repair I'd make a decision but I don't know.

sugbu777

I've got some spare fans in PI that run on AC power and D batteries if power is out. They work great. They are priced cheap, too. About P1K. Forgot where I got them though.

Oz Jon
23 hours ago, sierra01 said:

it has a mist feature and ionizing.  The control panel had moisture in it, though I don't know where that come from, I presume it's shorted out or something.  The shop told me the panel needs replacing, it will switch on then immediately goes off again.  He did try to get it operating as a normal fan but couldn't manage it.

It was 6K, if I knew how much it would cost to repair I'd make a decision but I don't know.

At P6K, it is an upmarket fan!

That sounds like an overload protection kicking-in?

Did the shop thoroughly dry the panel, then check it again to see if it would run after it had been dried out!

Odd that they couldn't get it to operate as a simple fan?  Assuming that the repair shop is competent, that suggests that there may be a problem with the fan's motor? or with the fan motor's driving circuitry (if it's not just simple wiring and switches?)

Sugbu's P1K fan sounds like a good alternative buy!

Good luck with fixing it! - Cheers!

Edited by Oz Jon

sierra01

Unfortunately Sugbu can't remember where he got them :(

sugbu777
13 hours ago, sierra01 said:

Unfortunately Sugbu can't remember where he got them :(

This is the fan. The AC adapter works 100-240 volts/, 50/60hz. (Like most cell phone charger adapters)

I see it is available on Amazon. I remember now, I got mine at Gaisano Country Mall, but you know Philippines, it may not be in stock anymore.

https://www.o2-cool.com/FD10002A?page_id=847