Sign in to follow this  
sierra01

Akari Fan Repair

sierra01

I have a rechargeable Akari fan with a faulty control panel, it needs replacing but the usual fan repair shops can't get the part.  The only Akari repair center I can find online, on AS Fortuna, is no longer there.  Does anyone know of another Akari repair place?

RogerDat

See if this works.

Akari - Cebu Office

Unit 705, Fuente Tower 2, Fuente Towers, Osmeña Boulevard, Cebu City, 6000, Cebu

+63 32 238 8285

• Like 1

sierra01

Thanks, I'll give them a go.

sierra01

I went into unit 705, 7th floor, it's just an office with 3 girls in it.  In the corner were a good dozen fans the same as mine all awaiting repair.  They told me they're trying to hire an electrician, you couldn't make it up could you.  I don't think I'll ever touch anything Akari again.

RogerDat

But, did you ask them about parts, if you can buy a control board?

sierra01

No, remembered it when I got home!

Highlighter
1 hour ago, sierra01 said:

No, remembered it when I got home!

You couldn't make it up could you!

PhilsFan

I bought one of these with a 4 hour-run time, light and built-in-radio for my FIL. If it ever fails, I will replace it with something better. Went online and found a rechargable fan, a Milwaukee brand commercial model with a 17 hour run-time for $75. It is 3 times more expensive but I am confident that it will do the job for extended periods and really move some air. I wonder if I can fit that in my luggage or get it shipped out here..hmm.

to_dave007

I like to buy 3D fans..  largely because they have a distributor located in Cebu city (corner Lapu-Lapu and Jereza down near Colon)..  and they sell spare parts. 

Have repaired a couple fans over last 3 years, largely because the wife's sister likes to sit the fans up on a chair for some unknown reason..  and they fall off and break the damn blades.  But a couple hundred peso for blades is better than a whole new fan.

Don't know if they have a rechargeable fan.

Have a look...  http://3-d.com.ph/

sierra01
6 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I like to buy 3D fans..  largely because they have a distributor located in Cebu city (corner Lapu-Lapu and Jereza down near Colon)..  and they sell spare parts. 

Have repaired a couple fans over last 3 years, largely because the wife's sister likes to sit the fans up on a chair for some unknown reason..  and they fall off and break the damn blades.  But a couple hundred peso for blades is better than a whole new fan.

Don't know if they have a rechargeable fan.

Have a look...  http://3-d.com.ph/

I couldn't see a rechargeable fan in their line up

Headshot

I have several rechargeable Firefly light/fans that I quite like.

sierra01
20 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I have several rechargeable Firefly light/fans that I quite like.

My fan is full size and should run aground 10-15 hours on battery, depending on speed and which features are in use.  It also automatically switches over if the power goes out or comes back on.  It's perfect for night time...if it doesn't break down, which it has twice now.

Oz Jon
On 8/7/2017 at 10:27 AM, sierra01 said:

I have a rechargeable Akari fan with a faulty control panel, it needs replacing but the usual fan repair shops can't get the part.  The only Akari repair center I can find online, on AS Fortuna, is no longer there.  Does anyone know of another Akari repair place?

What is the part?.......  part number? ... description?

Is it an electronic part (being in the control panel)? .... if so, there may be an equivalent/substitute part available?

sierra01
2 hours ago, Oz Jon said:

What is the part?.......  part number? ... description?

Is it an electronic part (being in the control panel)? .... if so, there may be an equivalent/substitute part available?

This is the control panel.

20170808_102830.jpg

Oz Jon

Well Sierra, it looks like it must have (at least) a water tank with an electrically operated valve, maybe a pump and either a mechanical or electronic clock.... a complicated, up-market fan! - Lol!

I understood you to say that a repairer said "he cannot get parts" - what parts?

Has anyone opened the control panel up and found out what's wrong? - is it completely dead? - or some functions  work and others don't?

It shouldn't be too hard to get it going again as a simple fan (without the bells and whistles) ... they may be more difficult to fix.

ps. just curious - what was it's price, new? - is it worth fixing?

Edited by Oz Jon