Bringing a Thai Girl to Cebu.

aussiekangaroo
11 hours ago, lamoe said:

Charity  has asked me not to respond to this thread with her pic and I always respect her wishes-  so -

Aussie are these Filipinas not beautiful? However all are  older than you - several as much as 10 years

4061992_profile_636216610515507057.jpg

5422732_gallery_636081244902531412.jpg

5547663_gallery_636211379520403350.jpg

5759015_profile_636290560442984634.jpg

5866363_gallery_636296948865438308.jpg

5908925_gallery_636313853332349474.jpg

5919912_profile_636319062928634341.jpg

Possibly the 1st, 3rd and 5th but IMHO neither are as good looking as the example I posted.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• aussiekangaroo

• Flakes

• Richard K

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really don't think it matters... I think what matters is if you both "get it" about eachother.. at that point you will either go at life together and BE for eachother or be self involved. I am gra

I know him in person, he is not a troll, he is young and handsome IMO and my wife's opinion and while I do not know his finances and that is none of my business anyway, I suspect he is telling the tru

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man
On 8/5/2017 at 11:43 PM, aussiekangaroo said:

I am just concerned if a Thai Girl could survive here in Cebu and she can be happy.

I know of one who did, (vaguely).  I remember being at a party in Liloan years ago and one of the expats there had a Thai girlfriend who he brought with him when he moved here.  She looked similar to the filipinas and fit in that way.  She spoke English, but not nearly so well as the filipinas.  The girlfriends of the other foreigners were all polite to her and it worked, for them.

If you plan on leaving her alone to make friends with local ladies I can imagine there would be problems with fitting in but if you are only going out with couples, and if she is a 24/7 cling on you type then it would be fine. Not my cup of tea for a relationship but I can picture it working for some people.

newtocebu

My brother took his Thai wife to the Philippines for a holiday earlier in the year

She has lived in Aus for over 10 years and speaks perfect English ( but with the Thai 'slang' ), however, she found it extremely difficult to communicate with the locals 

I was extremely ashamed to see ( on more than one occasion ) the locals making fun of her and imitating her as she walked off

I know you want someone that makes you happy, but please consider the happiness of your future gf - there is a very good chance that she will feel out of place and uncomfortable

RogerDat

They speak perfect Filipino English here, not American, or England, and certainly not what is spoken in OZ. That is the problem with average English speakers here. I always ask questions after telling some worker what I want done, and based on response decide if we really communicated, or just talked at each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Paul
1 hour ago, RogerDat said:

That is the problem with average English speakers here. I always ask questions after telling some worker what I want done, and based on response decide if we really communicated, or just talked at each other.

I agree. 

There is a huge difference between English speaking and English comprehension. This certainly applies in each of these countries.

• Like 2

Outside of the Thailand tourist hooker zones there is no speaking or comprehension of the English language whatsoever in Thailand. However when i was talking with a motorbike taxi in Bohol he told me that he and his mates feared for the impact of more planes coming and how this would be bad environmentally . Try to talk with a thai motorbike taxi more then Hey where u go? Thats all the conversation u going to get out of him.

Richard K
3 hours ago, Paul said:

I agree. 

There is a huge difference between English speaking and English comprehension. This certainly applies in each of these countries.

Yup... It took me awhile to realize that the smile and nod were not as much understanding what I said as it was just shining me on.
One other thing about questions... Only one at a time...seems to really get confusing if you ask more than that in one sentence.... Both to them and me...lol

KennyF

The thing to keep in mind when speaking to Thais is that 'yes' means, 'I heard you', not 'I agree'.

"Would you like to eat dinner in a restaurant?"

"Yes"

"OK, where shall we go?"

"What for?"

"To eat dinner"

"Oh, shall I cook?'

and so on...

KonC

• Haha 3
bkkmarlowe
2 hours ago, KennyF said:

The thing to keep in mind when speaking to Thais is that 'yes' means, 'I heard you', not 'I agree'.

"Would you like to eat dinner in a restaurant?"

"Yes"

"OK, where shall we go?"

"What for?"

"To eat dinner"

"Oh, shall I cook?'

and so on...

KonC

I love you so much handsome teeruk. How much money you pay mista?

Edited by bkkmarlowe
  • Haha 1
Headshot
4 minutes ago, bkkmarlowe said:

The same is often true with Filipinas too, only with Filipinas, a facial movement is often substituted for the word, "yes."

• Like 2
Richard K
6 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The same is often true with Filipinas too, only with Filipinas, a facial movement is often substituted for the word, "yes."

hahaha.. I have actually adapted to that.. raise eyebrows as yes.. too funny

Richard K

I really don't think it matters... I think what matters is if you both "get it" about eachother.. at that point you will either go at life together and BE for eachother or be self involved.
I am grateful... I have an older "girl".. and I say that because she still has the ability to giggle at shit.. but she is sharp as a frigging tack when it it calls for it... I could tell you tales of the times we lay in bed and laugh our ass off of the shit we both get...
She is not a "model".. she is brown and she is tiny.. her titties fit in my hands when we sleep like they were part of me.. and she has my heart.. just what more should a man want?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Richard K
1 hour ago, Richard K said:

hahaha.. I have actually adapted to that.. raise eyebrows as yes.. too funny

It is not only that...I point with my lips.. and never think anything of it.. it has kinda become second nature...lol

• Haha 1
lamoe

Getting off topic but I learned to question the 60 Degree arm swing when asking directions to where is something?

Richard K
Just now, lamoe said:

Getting off topic but I learned to question the 60 Degree arm swing when asking directions to where is something?

??.. is that along with the usual "over Dare"... kinda goes along with that arm sweep....

• Like 1