Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Back button not working?

Jester

For a couple months when I go to a thread the back button will not take me back to new topics, it will reload but stay on the thread.

I thought nothing of it as it is easy enough to click on new topics instead of back and thought it would clear up eventually.

It is not clearing up.   Any idea what I can do to fix the issue?

angbumabasa
44 minutes ago, Jester said:

For a couple months when I go to a thread the back button will not take me back to new topics, it will reload but stay on the thread.

I thought nothing of it as it is easy enough to click on new topics instead of back and thought it would clear up eventually.

It is not clearing up.   Any idea what I can do to fix the issue?

I had a similar problem and Paul told to me to first try a different browser to see if it was browser problem. Then clear out your cache and cookies. Worked for me. 

• Thanks 1

Paul
3 hours ago, angbumabasa said:

I had a similar problem and Paul told to me to first try a different browser to see if it was browser problem. Then clear out your cache and cookies. Worked for me. 

@Jester, did this work for you?

Jester

No, it is still not working,  this is the only online site where this happens.

liquido

Im experiencing the same thing using Mozilla Firefox...

• Thanks 1

Paul
6 hours ago, Jester said:

No, it is still not working,  this is the only online site where this happens.

You tried other browsers?

Lee

I use Chrome and 7 and do not have that problem but I just about never use the back icon, you can right click on a topic and open it in a new tab and then close it when done and the tab before will be where you started, just in case you cannot get the issue worked out.

liquido

I tried using Google Chrome and that works fine...weird

lolhahaha

I have the same thing using firefox. I refuse to use google spyware in order to make one website work better though. So I just scroll to the top and click on unread content.

Jester

I did not mention which browser I use, shame on me.   Firefox  Or operating system  Windows 7 Pro.

Guess I can try other browsers or open tabs or just got to unread each time. 

No sympathy needed, I've got broad shoulders I can bear it.

RickyL

I have the same problem using firefox, I believe the massive amount of advertising really lags the browsers.

Lee
8 hours ago, RickyL said:

I believe the massive amount of advertising really lags the browsers.

Apparently only when on slow connections, when I am here in Florida it does not lag at all.

Paul
4 minutes ago, Lee said:

Apparently only when on slow connections, when I am here in Florida it does not lag at all.

@RickyL, I have to agree. Here in Cambodia, I don't ever have any lag from the site. Once in a while, the internet connection here may slow a bit. But, even that isn't a regular occurrence. 

Salty Dog

I'm confused. If the back button isn't working, why not just use the front button...<_<

Paul
23 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I'm confused. If the back button isn't working, why not just use the front button...<_<

We're discussing the use of the browser back (left arrow) button. For some folks, it is apparently not functioning properly. This just happens to be an issue I have never personally encountered.