Jump to content

Balikbayan Boxes New Rules Aug 1, 2017


Recommended Posts

Enuff

I'm betting that some uber smart government official believes that tightening up BB box restriction will increase remittances. 

 

I hope they consider the same rules for remittances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SkyMan

    18

  • Jester

    11

  • RogerDat

    8

  • Salty Dog

    8

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) will no longer have to submit a proof of purchase for items inside balikbayan boxes sent to the Philippines, as the Bureau of Customs (BOC) on Thursday said it suspen

I can't imagine this country creating more bureaucracy and paperwork. Not their style.

We have just sent two twelve cubic feet and a 14 qubic feet boxes, they were collected a week ago,  same sizes we have always sent, nothing was done differently than we have ever done, the d

Posted Images

Kabisay-an gid
25 minutes ago, Enuff said:

I'm betting that some uber smart government official believes that tightening up BB box restriction will increase remittances. 

IMO, their main reason is increasing tax revenue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
4 hours ago, Enuff said:

I'm betting that some uber smart government official believes that tightening up BB box restriction will increase remittances. 

That's what will likely happen.  BBBoxes will be too much PITA to send so just cash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDat

Who are "Qualified Filipinos while abroad" in the Section 1, Scope?

Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010
5 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Who are "Qualified Filipinos while abroad" in the Section 1, Scope?

see:   http://www.ekonek.com/web/content/eBalikbayan_Info_Sheet.pdf 

"who are qualified filipino citizens while abroad?"    

"they are resident filipinos, non-resident filipinos, and ofws."    

resident filipinos refers to residence in the philippines.  so filipinos with tourist visa, student visa, investor's visa, etc

non-resident filipinos refers to those with permanent residency abroad, but who retain filipino citizenship.

 

see also :   http://www.ekonek.com/web/content/eBalikbayan_Info_Details.pdf 

 

an interesting detail:   you may avail of the privilege 3 times (3 shipments) a year.   there is no limit to the number of boxes you send per shipment.    

total value of all shipments can't exceed p150,000.    no box should exceed  0.2 cubic meters in size.   no commercial quantities of items  (they give 20 as a rough count for each kind of consummable good , 5 for  non-consummables).

 

one last potential problem/loophole.  they refer to "qualified filipino citizen while abroad".  but they don't ask for the visa nor stamps showing time of travel.  so technically, using my wife's passport would be a no-no because she isn't traveling with me.  but they aren't asking for evidence of her travel.  

one more item of interest to some:  you may by-pass the "qualified filipino citizen while abroad"  requirement by filing for "de minimis" privilege.   you are allowed only one "receiver" --it is not specified as being required to be a filipino so that is unclear.  the bug-a-boo is that the value of shipment can't exceed P10,000.   so it would seem useful if you had some unique items that can't be had here.   also:  the de minimis privilege isn't counted toward the p150,000 limit for the regular privilege. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
12 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

no box should exceed  0.2 cubic meters in size

22.83 inch^3   Guess I better take care of my lawnmower cause I won't get another.

 

12 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

the bug-a-boo is that the value of shipment can't exceed P10,000.

Yeah, so you're spending p5K to ship p10K.  Hmmmmmmm

Edited by SkyMan
Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDat

I read somewhere that your were not suppose to ship motors of any kind, that is why I never sent one here, also had no idea I would ever have a lawn here, so 2 years ago I bought one here, they should last several years with care, rust and cracks to body are the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
1 hour ago, RogerDat said:

I read somewhere that your were not suppose to ship motors of any kind, that is why I never sent one here, also had no idea I would ever have a lawn here, so 2 years ago I bought one here, they should last several years with care, rust and cracks to body are the problem.

I looked at what they had to offer here and the outrageous prices by comparison and couldn't do it.  It was bit of a hassle, 3 boxes I think, but I plan to keep it running a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDat

It cost me P14000 or so 2 years ago for a $170  mower. It is OK, check the case / deck yearly for cracks around the motor / deck mount bolt holes, and do not let it rust. Change oil each season, and spark plug. Keep air filter clean, and it will last many years. i used to pick up mowers that were 10 years old on the road side, and for 5 dollars had them running, then sold them for $230 at yard sales. So if any of you in Virginia  left your mower on the side of the road while you got a beer, and it was gone when you returned, now you know what happened, sorry!`

Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
57 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

It cost me P14000 or so 2 years ago for a $170  mower. It is OK, check the case / deck yearly for cracks around the motor / deck mount bolt holes, and do not let it rust. Change oil each season, and spark plug. Keep air filter clean, and it will last many years. i used to pick up mowers that were 10 years old on the road side, and for 5 dollars had them running, then sold them for $230 at yard sales. So if any of you in Virginia  left your mower on the side of the road while you got a beer, and it was gone when you returned, now you know what happened, sorry!`

Keeping the underdeck clean is very important. One mowing with moist grass and you will cover it with grass, which will trap moisture and rust the deck.

:ontopic:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
8 hours ago, shadow said:

Keeping the underdeck clean is very important. One mowing with moist grass and you will cover it with grass, which will trap moisture and rust the deck.

That's why I don't mow when it's wet.

8 hours ago, shadow said:

:ontopic:

Here's my main box before it was closed up and shipped:

0315095622.jpg.a6f3df841811072146fa5be9a8127c96.jpg

0315195557.jpg.25cdaf0da772ad63cd46ffe4b5424808.jpg

Guess that's probably not allowed anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDat

So your mower is not a push type I see.  Lots of stuff under them riders to get rusted out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
8 hours ago, SkyMan said:

That's why I don't mow when it's wet.

Here's my main box before it was closed up and shipped:

0315095622.jpg.a6f3df841811072146fa5be9a8127c96.jpg

0315195557.jpg.25cdaf0da772ad63cd46ffe4b5424808.jpg

Guess that's probably not allowed anymore.

So was that considered a BB Box?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

I thought nothing motorize was allowed saw a guy raped of his 40 footer of household goods because of a jet ski .. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

So was that considered a BB Box?

Sir- can we Supersize that for you ??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..