Balikbayan Boxes New Rules Aug 1, 2017

wondersailor

I wonder how this will effect expats moving to the Phil. especially without relatives there? By looking at the form required, there is no space for non filipino nor for sender to also be receiver.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Jester

• RogerDat

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) will no longer have to submit a proof of purchase for items inside balikbayan boxes sent to the Philippines, as the Bureau of Customs (BOC) on Thursday said it suspen

I can't imagine this country creating more bureaucracy and paperwork. Not their style.

We have just sent two twelve cubic feet and a 14 qubic feet boxes, they were collected a week ago,  same sizes we have always sent, nothing was done differently than we have ever done, the d

Posted Images

rfm010

I've mentioned before i plan on using my wife's passport (seems i'd better also get copies of her visa) as sender and my daughter as receiver.  Hope it works.

wondersailor
8 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

I've mentioned before i plan on using my wife's passport (seems i'd better also get copies of her visa) as sender and my daughter as receiver.  Hope it works.

Yes, I read your post, but as I am single, not filipino, and am making my move there in March and planed to ship at least 10 boxes. Am I now prevented from doing so as I am not blessed to be a pinoy.

streak03
On 7/27/2017 at 6:11 AM, Lee said:

Because of the newer and stricter rules of the BOC regarding sending boxes, the DDCAP could possibly halt all deliveries coming from foreign countries.

Haha, watch how fast he BOC back peddles if this happens. Last time they tried to fuck around with BB boxes, the average Juan raised hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Jester
4 minutes ago, streak03 said:

Haha, watch how fast he BOC back peddles if this happens. Last time they tried to feck around with BB boxes, the average Juan raised hell.

All of us that have boxes in route will take a screwing on this.  My wife is Philippina, but no longer has a PI's passport, she does have a US passport. 

wondersailor

Hay, it's better in the Philippines.

streak03
6 minutes ago, Jester said:

All of us that have boxes in route will take a screwing on this.  My wife is Philippina, but no longer has a PI's passport, she does have a US passport. 

Yep, true statement.  Luckily I received mine about a month ago, wont send anymore.

Jester
3 hours ago, streak03 said:

Yep, true statement.  Luckily I received mine about a month ago, wont send anymore.

One trip instead of taking check in luggage we sent our things in a BB box, no more of that. 

wondersailor

Anyone know of a way to move personal effects to the Philippines short of container or 10 or 11 trips by air ?

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Jester said:

All of us that have boxes in route will take a screwing on this.  

I may have lucked out here.  Last week the tracking on by box popped up an ETA of tomorrow, 31 July, one day before the change order.  I pray that's correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Soarking
6 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Yes, I read your post, but as I am single, not filipino, and am making my move there in March and planed to ship at least 10 boxes. Am I now prevented from doing so as I am not blessed to be a pinoy.

I think you can still send boxes to the Philippines.   However you will need to pay a lot more money in import taxes and duty.   Probably not worth it being the greater the value of the contents greater the fees.   

This will affect a lot of shipping companies and cost a lot of people all over the world their jobs.   

smokey
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, Soarking said:

Me thinks a lot of boxes will end up missing.    Espically the ones with new stuff in them.   

A whole new world of corruption in the making.     And just in time for the Christmas season.

The Bureau of Customs and workers on the docks and responsible for moving and storing the boxes all say THANK YOU for the wonderful Christmas presents in advance.    

having spent months at the port where all this stuff comes thru you might be onto something I saw a 40 footer of household goods out of the container sitting in a huge pile like a  hoarders show picked thru ... seems the shipper forgot to put down on his list a jet ski so the whole container because subject to close inspection 

wondersailor

I guess I will just sit back and wait to see how this all plays out over the coming months. I am begining to get the sense that being an expat in the Philippines is like being in a very small boat in the middle of a very large storm, never knowing from one day to the next what is going to slap you across the head and send you fleeing.

• Like 1
Soarking
1 hour ago, wondersailor said:

I guess I will just sit back and wait to see how this all plays out over the coming months. I am begining to get the sense that being an expat in the Philippines is like being in a very small boat in the middle of a very large storm, never knowing from one day to the next what is going to slap you across the head and send you fleeing.

In a very smalll boat filled with ants, rats and cockroaches.   

And watch it,   The Filipino guy sitting next to you is about to stand up and take a piss.   Not overboard, but in the bottom of the small boat right where he will sit again.

WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES.

• Like 1
Davaoeno
3 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Anyone know of a way to move personal effects to the Philippines short of container or 10 or 11 trips by air ?

partial container on a skid/pallet .  You pay per cubic meter . Usually the goods are placed on the skid and shrink wrapped.  try to avoid them top loading your items [ loading  other goods on top of yours]

My shipment consisted of 3 skid loads

Edited by Davaoeno