Sign in to follow this  
Paul

How to have a great time in Cebu

On-in-2
Here is a simple site for the new visitor to Cebu:

http://www.howtohaveagreattimeincebu.com

Pretty good site, but its missing the phrase.."I'll have another Jack and Coke, please"

Angie
Pretty good site, but its missing the phrase.."I'll have another Jack and Coke, please"

Hi Pete! Welcome to Cebu!

This line can be translated in different ways.

1. Hatagi ko ug usa pa ka Jack ug Coke, palihug. = Give me one more Jack and Coke, please.

2. Usa pa ka Jack ug Coke, palihug. = One more Jack and Coke, please.

3. Moinom ko ug usa pa ka Jack and Coke, palihug. = I'll drink one more Jack and Coke, please.

Among the three, the first two are more commonly used phrases.

By the way, are you referring to Jack Daniels? Sorry, I am not a drinker, hehehehe. Enjoy your visit Pete.

Paul

LOL. Dammit, she beat me to it! :D

By the way, Pete, when I order a Jack & Coke, typically you will hear me say, "Usa ka Jack & Coke, palihug."

Angie, could I add, "ko", at the end and it still be proper? That is to ask, "Usa ka Jack & Coke, palihug ko?"

Salamat kaayo, day.

Musta man ka, diha?

Angie
LOL. Dammit, she beat me to it! :D

By the way, Pete, when I order a Jack & Coke, typically you will hear me say, "Usa ka Jack & Coke, palihug."

Angie, could I add, "ko", at the end and it still be proper? That is to ask, "Usa ka Jack & Coke, palihug ko?"

Salamat kaayo, day.

Musta man ka, diha?

OK ra na Paul, sakto gihapon na. However, we usually put "ko" after "palihug" when it's at the beginning of the sentence.

ex. "Palihug ko ug abli sa pultahan." Please open the door (for me.)

Contextually, the speaker is asking someone to open the door because he can't do it himself as he's probably carrying something, thus making him incapable of doing it.

Ok ra ko Paul, pero nitambok g'yud ko. Kumusta na man ka? Diin man ka nitago uy? Nawala man ka, hehehehe....