Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

Best restaurants in NCR...

miles-high

Monsoon suggested that Cru is no longer good — and because of the recent tragedy within the same complex, we did not try it there this time... instead we went to, among other places:

1.    Raging Bull steakhouse (Shangri [email protected]) steak was excellent but service a lot to be desired, waitresses in cowgirl outfit (fashionable in the Philippines?)

2.    Texas Joe’s (Subic Bay) baby back ribs best in the country :lol: the waitresses in cowgirl outfit ? they are friendly and service excellent

3.    L'Entrecôte (Forbes [email protected]) a Swiss owner/chef... good steaks and they serve “steak tartar” (ask him to prepare, not by the Filipino chef ?), still a good place (we used to go there often when we lived there).

Any suggestions re good restaurants in NCR will be appreciated! :drinks:

Monsoon

For steaks, have you tried I Am Angus on Yakal St in Makati (San Antonio Village)?  Not the highest end, but I've had some decent steaks there, for the money. They are part of the Werdenberg group so in theory should be serving the same beef as they sell in Santi's. 

The Chinese resto inside Shangrila Fort is top notch. I went there for dim sum and it was excellent. 

FLAME (16th Fl Discovery Primea condo on Ayala ave) is on my list to try next time Im in town. 

2 hours ago, miles-high said:

L'Entrecôte

I frequent that place as its just downstairs from one of my units. They usually have Paulaner or Weienstefan on draft as well (can't remember which). 

Monsoon suggested that Cru is no longer good

My last experience there was indeed disappointing. 

Texas Joe’s

Good to hear they are still going strong and haven't deteriorated like so many places do. I first ate there over five years ago. Haven't been back in a while though.

waitresses in cowgirl outfit

There was a place i used to go in Dongguan that had cowgirl outfits. It looked ridiculous. At the time, it was pretty much the closest thing in Dongguan to a western restaurant apart from KFC and Mcdo. 

• Like 1

miles-high
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, Monsoon said:

For steaks, have you tried I Am Angus on Yakal St in Makati (San Antonio Village)?  Not the highest end, but I've had some decent steaks there, for the money. 

Yes, we have been to I Am Angus — it wasn't too bad ? but we don't want to go to Yakal St. due to the traffic congestion around that area... :sad_01:

I should mention the Italian ristorante Bellini’s (Cubao, NCR), the old man is from Pisa, Italy – quite enjoyable chatting with him (if you speak Italian or ask the head Filipino waiter to translate, he is fluently bilingual). Food is quite reasonably priced (except wine, they try to sell you minimum 3k to 5k a bottle wine ?). Reservation suggested to find out if ex-president or some actors/actresses are there – the traffic is horrendous for that small alley if they happened to be there).

• Thanks 1