7 hours ago, Richard K said:

I have found at the pinoy gatherings I have been to that Red Horse and Emperador (and it's bastard brother Fundador) brandy are the drinks of choice. I once brought a bottle of JIm Beam and ended up drinking most of it myself. In the province with my g/f's family it was tuba...some of it was ridiculously strong... it smelled like ass but tasted ... well it kinda tasted like ass also...but it was strong I will give it that..

Most Pnoys drink Lambanog but you are right it would also be that nasty Emperador or some other gross brandy drink but hardly ever beer if they do drink beer they buy it by the bottle and rarely by the case it's too expensive.

Red horse isn't bad with allot of ice and I drink San Mig Light because the pale pilson taste is about as bad as rot gut beer Colt.

Edited by M.C.A.
Contango

The local San Mig beers are good, i like the San Miguel pilsen and light, usually a couple of each in a session, also like the new Tanduay select Rhum, much smoother than the regular.

• Like 1
Enuff

It always depends on the weather, your company and the venue.

All parties are Red Horse Litros only.

If I'm out and about it's Budweiser or Stella Artois. 

If I'm very relaxed it's Old Fashioneds with Makers Mark.

If I'm just sitting around home it's any of the above.

In the USA I do the same except replace Red Horse with Busch.

• Like 1
PhilsFan

Captain Morgan cokes. It's cheaper here than in USA, too. 

Pinoy bar I make do with Tanduay, lime and coke.

Enuff the Stella Artois is very good but like everything that is delicious they can't seem to keep in stock, I usually break down and if available at restaurant.

KennyF

Note to all local expats. Do yourselves a favor and try a few ice cold 'Brew Kettle'.

KinC

Brew Kettle.jpg

• Like 2
Enuff
49 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

Enuff the Stella Artois is very good but like everything that is delicious they can't seem to keep in stock, I usually break down and if available at restaurant.

The Social chains seem to stock better than most. S & R also has a decent supply too.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, KennyF said:

Note to all local expats. Do yourselves a favor and try a few ice cold 'Brew Kettle'.

KinC

Brew Kettle.jpg

I think I seen this at one of the chained stores, okay will try.

Enuff
16 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

I think I seen this at one of the chained stores, okay will try.

Last time in The Social they were p380 for a bucket of 5.

FB_IMG_1501033612321.jpg

Edited by Enuff
KennyF
2 hours ago, Enuff said:

Last time in The Social they were p380 for a bucket of 5.

75 pesos each seems a little mahal for a special deal.

We sell it in the Mabini Lodge bar here on the island for 50 pesos.

Panel price is 27.08 each.

KonC

• Like 1
lamoe

Like most - have had some ridiculously expensive - beer, wine, spirits - but these are my favorites since I have very non-discerning tastes

Beer - Brother Benjamin Bock - 5.8% POV 

Whiskey - Minhas Wisconsin  - very smooth

Can't get either - so Red Hose and Tanduay

Wine - Lambrusco 

Puckering Punch malt  - 12% POV (24 proof) in 24 Oz can - $0.50 - 100P - equal to about five 1 1/2  OZ shots of  80 proof.

• 3 months later...

A few years back I saw cans of Lone Star beer stocked in SaveMore.   It was brewed under license in Manila by Asia Brewery.    Lone Star was always the butt of jokes back home in Texas as CHEAP-O beer and tasted like horse piss (so they say ..never really had good swallow of horse piss that i know of).   I did try the Manila version just for kicks and they darn if they didn't knock it off perfectly.  

Don't drink much.. but i do enjoy the Brew Kettle from time to time...   the Smb pale Pilsen ,    I like their Cerveza Negra Ice cold ..poured in a frothy mug with a nice head.      Occasionally take a nip of  Jack Daniels the wife buys for me for special occasions..   and I make my holiday Rum Balls with   Tanduay - 10yr  Fancy label (i cant remember exactly what they call it.. .. but  I like it)  

Edited by samatm
  • 4 months later...

Colheita-type port wine. A sort of vintage port wine, sweet, mature, no decanting needed, very inexpensive too compared to vintage port or icewine.

download.jpg.6288459d0414a3a2b1b44ace14a5b623.jpg

wonder where to buy now. run of stock back home and wine sellers here don't even know port :(

26 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Colheita-type port wine. A sort of vintage port wine, sweet, mature, no decanting needed, very inexpensive too compared to vintage port or icewine.

download.jpg.6288459d0414a3a2b1b44ace14a5b623.jpg

wonder where to buy now. run of stock back home and wine sellers here don't even know port :(

Marks and Spencers outlets offer Port and Sherry,  may not be to your liking but certainly keeps me happy

• Thanks 1