Scot shot in chest hours before Philippines wedding... Cebu City

JohnSurrey

JohnSurrey

Read all about it here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40697373

Scot shot in chest hours before Philippines wedding

_97048364_tareknaggar.jpg

A Scottish man has been shot during a robbery hours before he was due to get married in the Philippines.
Tarek Naggar, 44, was outside a shop in Cebu City when three men demanded he hand over his wallet.
When he refused to give it up, one of the men pulled out a gun and shot him in the chest.
Mr Naggar, who is from Milngavie in East Dunbartonshire, has undergone surgery and remains seriously ill in hospital.
The joiner, who recently had been working in Sweden, was due to get married this weekend to his fiancée Angie, who is from the Philippines.
He was standing outside a convenience store in her home city of Cebu in the early hours of Thursday when a motor scooter with three men clinging to it pulled up.

_97049143_tarek.jpg

His best man Chris McLaughlin, who had flown out bringing his friend a kilt for the wedding, was a short distance away when the attack happened.
Mr McLaughlin, 40, from Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire, said: "I heard a commotion and ran over to see what was happening. A guy pulled a gun out and shot Tarek in the chest. Then he pointed the gun at myself."
He said an ambulance was called but failed to show up and they had to travel to hospital in a rickshaw.
Ricocheted bullet
"Tarek's fiancee was trying to call taxis but there was none stopping. I was on the floor with Tarek. He was conscious. After about 10 minutes or so a guy stopped in a rickshaw," he told BBC Scotland.
Mr Naggar was treated at a nearby emergency room, then transferred to a larger hospital for surgery.
"The surgeon said the bullet went in the right side but ricocheted and travelled over to the left lung. Miraculously it didn't go through his heart, it actually went behind his heart.
"He seems to be recovering well. He's conscious and awake - and has been talking the last couple of days. He's out of the ICU and has been moved to a recovery room."
He said he did not believe Mr Naggar had any health insurance, and the family have already had to make payments for his treatment.
Another friend has begun a crowdfunding appeal to raise money for his medical costs.

Edited by Salty Dog
Posted Readable Article
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Wolfpack

• smokey

• Kabisay-an gid

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was so paranoid here that I was afraid to have a beer outside a convenience store at 2 a.m., I would have stayed in mama's basement.

All this performed by a few slick little assholes who need a bullet to the head , little weasels that need their necks snapped....

I have regularly been drinking outside convenience stores, sari sari stores and my own karaoke bar on Leyte at 2AM over more than 20 years. Some of the places are where many foreigners will or wo

Posted Images

smokey

was that the guy shot at south town I did read it was at a convenience store

HeyMike

What a friggin horror story. A miracle he survived. I hope the police get the scumbags involved in the shooting, or better yet, some street justice may be in order.

• Like 5
Kabisay-an gid

Scottish National Shot and Robbed in Talisay

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2017/07/23/1720604/scottish-national-shot-and-robbed-talisay

CEBU, Philippines -  A Scottish national was shot and robbed by three unidentified gunmen outside a convenience store in Barangay Bulacao in Talisay City around 2 a.m. yesterday.

Tarek Naggar, temporarily living at St. Jude Acres in Barangay Bulacao, sustained a gunshot wound on his upper right chest. Naggar was immediately brought to the hospital for treatment and is now in recovery.

Naggar was drinking outside a convenience store in South Town Centre with his fiancée and other Scottish friends when three unidentified suspects approached onboard a motorcycle. One of the suspects shot Naggar on the chest while the other two approached Naggar and stole his belongings including a wallet containing several IDs and P500 cash.

The suspects rushed off immediately after the incident.

The Talisay City police quickly responded after receiving a call about the shooting incident from a security guard in South Town Centre.

According to Senior Police Officer 2 Cecilio Miñoza, the motive for the shooting is robbery.

Naggar was rushed to Talisay City District Hospital by his fiancée and his friends.

No one else was hurt during the incident.

Edited by Kabisay-an gid
oztony

All this performed by a few slick little assholes who need a bullet to the head , little weasels that need their necks snapped....

• Like 9
davehud

Was this a targeted robbery or was the victim simply in the wrong place at the wrong time? 

Don't drink out of store in the street, too easy a target. How can I stop doing it? I like bird watching too much...

shadow
34 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Disgusting crime.

They will be put away for a very long time.

You do realize the statistics show that has a very slim chance of happening?

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, shadow said:

There need be an incentive like a reward.I sure these 3 fools told to several others already what has happened.

• Like 3
smokey

I don't know they only robbed one guy and he had 500 peso ... I told my wife and said a foreigner was shot by some guys on a bike at the south town mall and she said..... could be he is dating someone's GF how old was he ...?   

Kabisay-an gid
8 hours ago, HeyMike said:

some street justice may be in order.

Not the best idea, IMHO. Unless you like the thought of spending a long time in a Philippine jail. Not a good place to be for a paleface convicted of meting out "street justice" to Filipinos.

5 hours ago, davehud said:

Was this a targeted robbery or was the victim simply in the wrong place at the wrong time? 

I'd say drinking outside a convenience store in Talisay at 2 in the morning is definitely not the right place or time. Pretty foolish, really.

2 hours ago, Flakes said:

They will be put away for a very long time.

Nice thought, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen. :P

1 hour ago, RR3 said:

Don't drink out of store in the street, too easy a target. How can I stop doing it? I like bird watching too much...

I can watch a lot more birds at a major mall during normal operating hours, than I can at a convenience store at 2 in the morning. The mall is safer too. ;)

• Like 2
ex231
2 hours ago, Flakes said:

Disgusting crime.

They will be put away for a very long time

2 hours ago, shadow said:

Not exactly correct. If the victim was a filipino I'd agree that there is a slim chance of that happening. But since he was a foreigner  I'd say the chances are just about none.

liquido

I know what the good president would do if it happened someone close to him...They would get a free helicopter ride and get a free fall jump without a chute...

contraman

There is a lesson here for all of us.

This just shows how important it is to have "Travel Insurance".

Sure, you may feel invincible, but just look what happened to this guy.

• Like 6