Sign in to follow this  
goggleye

Nathaniel Hotel in Daet

goggleye

in June we went to Daet in the Bicols.  Been there before and enjoyed it.   Love the Mercedes Fish Market  - biggest shrimp I ever saw anywhere 

Stayed at the Nathaniel hotel -  nice inexpensive place to stay, right on the main southbound Highway just south of the downtown area.  planned to just stay a couple nights and find a resort on the beach but I didn't find any that looked so great.  Take a jeep ride from Nathaniel to about anywhere in the area.

I paid a bit less than 10000 pesos for 10 nights.  standard pinoy breakfast of rice egg and a meat with coffee included.  They have a restobar.  Nice helpful staff.  We went to the fish market a couple of times and asked the kitchen to cook what we had bought and they seemed happy to cook it up for a small  fee.  The owner was a friendly down to earth kind of guy who gladly helped me out with a couple of requests I had of him.

room was relatively new with a good  real bed and hot water plumbing.   I would be happy to stay there again.

• Like 1