Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Whirlpool washer repair.

SkyMan
On 8/2/2017 at 8:47 AM, SkyMan said:

Neighbor knew a guy, Josie, who seemed to do pretty good work.  LapuX2 - PM me for his # if you want it.  He came to my place and watched it through a cycle.  It wouldn't make the sound it was making when I stopped it before but it wasn't agitating, just spinning.  Said it needed a cap and some arm or armature or whatever inside.  Supposed to be back this week when he gets the part.

Well, what I got was a txt saying my washer was too old to get parts for.  I'm going to look for the part on my own.  Anyone know what the name of the part is to make the agitator agitate? (Go back and forth instead of just forth.)

fivestarph
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Well, what I got was a txt saying my washer was too old to get parts for.  I'm going to look for the part on my own.  Anyone know what the name of the part is to make the agitator agitate? (Go back and forth instead of just forth.)

Maybe it would be better to get the Whirlpool approved service center to check it out. Could work out cheaper and less hassle in the end..

SkyMan

I may give that a try.

SkyMan
30 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

Ok, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding much of anything on my model number, wwt24abbph.  I'll disassemble when I can and if I figure out the problem parts, would the part numbers be on them?

RogerDat

that is not the model number, but a parts list. The data plate should be viable when you open the lid near the water entry waterfall. If not there, try the back. When and where did you buy it?

images123.jpg.24664c4860aba1d6d941c08284c9a545.jpg

SkyMan

57F9353A_(002).jpg.7f2201a7f2395d52f7669af4bdcdf200.jpg

18 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

The data plate should be viable when you open the lid near the water entry waterfall. If not there, try the back. When and where did you buy it?

I'd say 7 years ago.  At the Gaisano that is now PMall.

RogerDat

That's where I got ours in 2008. i will dig thru this Part number, so much changes every year, don't even know who owns the brand now.

It says made in San Palo Brazil by Multibras SA

The best I can find is here: https://www.repairclinic.com/Video/Video-Landing/919-/Whirlpool-Kenmore-Top-Load-Washer-Disassembly-Repair-Help

• Like 1

SkyMan

Thanks, that other link you had looked like enough for me to get it apart, then maybe I can figure out the problem.  But we're having a major downpour now.

RogerDat

There is a repair place near me that does old US  Ref, washer, and dryers. If you find the part you need, please post it and I will see if they have it.

SkyMan

So far I have the agitator off.  Splines look ok.  I did notice a grinding noise when I turn the agitator to the left.  So I'm thinking it's the transmission?