Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Whirlpool washer repair.

SkyMan

The washer started making a bad sound so I'm looking to get it repaired before that gets worse.  Sounds like some level arm has come loose and thumps periodically.  Anyway, the Whirlpool site sent me to some Exatech or whatever. I haven't been able to contact them yet.  Anyone have any experience with them or other repair centers?  Would prefer them to come here but I have a feeling I'm going to have to haul it there,

RogerDat

I spoke with them just now. Are you ion Cebu proper?

Warehouse No. 60 Castilex Compound Cabancalan Mandaue City
Phone: (032) 345-3105 / 3106 / 343-8953
Mobile: 0928-3337021
Fax No: (032) 268-2576

• Like 2

fivestarph

We have a Whirlpool.

We rang the Whirlpool Office in Castilex Compound office and they referred us to 

JTMC HOME APPLIANCE SERVICE CENTER. Tel: 263-7031.

Ours also has a thumping sound. It appears the shock absorber frame is rusted, so they have to pull out and weld a new base. 

Edited by fivestarph
  • Like 1

SkyMan
3 hours ago, RogerDat said:

I spoke with them just now. Are you ion Cebu proper?

Liloan.  I tried sending a txt but no reply yet.

2 hours ago, fivestarph said:

We have a Whirlpool.

We rang the Whirlpool Office in Castilex Compound office and they referred us to 

JTMC HOME APPLIANCE SERVICE CENTER. Tel: 263-7031.

Ours also has a thumping sound. It appears the shock absorber frame is rusted, so they have to pull out and weld a new base. 

I'll call them tomorrow.  Did they come out and take it or just tell you to bring it in?  Any idea on the cost yet?

fivestarph
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Liloan.  I tried sending a txt but no reply yet.

I'll call them tomorrow.  Did they come out and take it or just tell you to bring it in?  Any idea on the cost yet?

They came to inspect the machine, advised us what the problem and said they have to pull out to repair.

We expected them to pull out yesterday but nobody came, so we'll see what happens today. The service call cost Php350.00, No indication on the repair cost yet.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

They came to inspect the machine, advised us what the problem and said they have to pull out to repair.

We expected them to pull out yesterday but nobody came, so we'll see what happens today. The service call cost Php350.00, No indication on the repair cost yet.

Sounds kind of like a similar problem.  I think maybe I'll just bring it in and save the p350 which might be even higher for Liloan.  I was going to try to open it myself but it looks like one of those, no user serviceable parts deals.

Davaoeno
51 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I think maybe I'll just bring it in and save the p350

You are going to unhook an automatic washing machine and lug it both ways into a repair shop to save $7 ???    Boy am I spoiled !!

• Like 3

SkyMan
2 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

You are going to unhook an automatic washing machine and lug it both ways into a repair shop to save $7 ???    Boy am I spoiled !!

It's already unhooked.  Now if the p350 was for them to come get it, fine.  But it sounds like the p350 (and that's in Cebu, I'm in Liloan) is for the guy to come out on a scooter to say it needs to go in to the shop.

• Like 3

fivestarph

Just called them and been advised they will come and pull out on Monday. Revert after pullout.

SkyMan

I called and found out they're in LapuX2.  I'd take it to that place in Mandaue but I have no desire to go over the bridge.  Emailed them a map to my place and they're supposed to come next week some time.

smokey

Like my micro wave once it gets there they will say oh sir we did many hours of trouble shooting your bill is 12 000 less 5 % i had them come out for my whirlpool and they said needs to go to office let them take it 3 weeks later they say sir we found the problem it needs circut. Board imported cost 9 000 4 unit plus labour to install plus delivery plus set up.    How much total.  Well sir not more then25. To 35 000 

SkyMan
9 hours ago, fivestarph said:

The service call cost Php350.00,

They're telling me p350 for check-up and p420 labor?  A check-up is all labor.

fivestarph

Well, what more to say, no one turned up yesterday despite repeated unanswered calls to be Service center.

lets see what transpires today.

Why designate a Service center in Lapulapu when I reside in Banilad defies me.haha

oztony

Whirlpool washer repair.. ah unscrew back off of machine probably 6 screws. check for loose fitment of conponents and use spanner or screw driver to tighten.

I have fixed many washers and dryers over the years and unless it is a circuit board problem or an electronic control issue  there really is not much to it.

• Like 2

fivestarph
33 minutes ago, oztony said:

Whirlpool washer repair.. ah unscrew back off of machine probably 6 screws. check for loose fitment of conponents and use spanner or screw driver to tighten.

I have fixed many washers and dryers over the years and unless it is a circuit board problem or an electronic control issue  there really is not much to it.

Many thanks, but the bracket on which the shock absorber is mounted has rusted, so they need to weld a new bracket.

• Like 1