Smoked Tilapia Filets

• Admin (Retired)
broden

these came out really good. made them yesterday. smoked over some sugar maple

turn on the smoker and let it begin to make smoke .. then i put the fish in high sided cookie sheets

just put them in the smoker for an hour at 225 degrees , they get a good smoke flavor on them and cook perfectly light and flakey

my wife made some saffron rice to go with them .. and we put the rice the fish and some fresh quacamole and lime on some flour tortillas.. great clean flavor.. but we ate some by themselves too and very good indeed.. gotta take what's left over and lightly glaze them with some sweet and sour sauce and toss them with the rest of the rice for tomorrow night

• Like 7
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
44 minutes ago, broden said:

these came out really good. made them yesterday. smoked over some sugar maple

turn on the smoker and let it begin to make smoke .. then i put the fish in high sided cookie sheets

just put them in the smoker for an hour at 225 degrees , they get a good smoke flavor on them and cook perfectly light and flakey

my wife made some saffron rice to go with them .. and we put the rice the fish and some fresh quacamole and lime on some flour tortillas.. great clean flavor.. but we ate some by themselves too and very good indeed.. gotta take what's left over and lightly glaze them with some sweet and sour sauce and toss them with the rest of the rice for tomorrow night

You got a Filipina to mix her rice with something other than eating it plain...:o

• Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden
2 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

You got a Filipina to mix her rice with something other than eating it plain...:o

oh yeah.. she's even taken to preferring brown rice, which is funny cause i don't so she makes that when she's eating alone

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
Just now, broden said:

oh yeah.. she's even taken to preferring brown rice, which is funny cause i don't so she makes that when she's eating alone

My wife makes rice with turmeric in it. Too poor to afford saffron at over $6,500 a kilo or $6.50 a gram...:rolleyes:

We both like black rice, but not regularly. 

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
25 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Too poor to afford saffron at over $6,500 a kilo or $6.50 a gram...:rolleyes:

There are different grades of saffron. A little bit goes a long way. My wife uses it in her Persian dishes. There's no way in hell that she would pay $6.50/gr

• Like 4
RogerDat

I used to buy it in US, McCormick brand, so not so pricey.

• Like 1
lamoe
1 minute ago, Salty Dog said:

Charity tries everything I eat - now likes a very very small portion of my hot sauce (1 drop) in her soy sauce along with the Thai Peppers -  but not my flavored rice - although is starting to put the reduction sauces and others liquids from the meat dishes she makes on her rice as I do.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden
6 hours ago, lamoe said:

Charity tries everything I eat - now likes a very very small portion of my hot sauce (1 drop) in her soy sauce along with the Thai Peppers -  but not my flavored rice - although is starting to put the reduction sauces and others liquids from the meat dishes she makes on her rice as I do.

i'm not real big on spicy stuff.. my Dad was my sister is my brother is a bit and so is my wife

she keeps a separate bottle of soy with hot peppers stuffed in it and a bottle of vinegar the same way

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 minutes ago, broden said:

...my Dad was my sister is my brother...

That explains a lot about you...:P

• Like 3
lamoe
3 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

That explains a lot about you...:P

I got a problem - I read it and didn't see anything wrong:oldtimer:

• Like 2
Headshot
8 minutes ago, lamoe said:

I got a problem - I read it and didn't see anything wrong:oldtimer:

Where commas are placed, or not placed, makes a big difference as to how the message is understood by the reader.  :cool:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
Davaoeno
2 hours ago, broden said:

beaten to the punch !!  Some things are just too good not to respond to !!

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1