Birth cert name change

SkyMan
4 minutes ago, Derick said:

while queering a problem 10 +years ago i got talking to a guy that i grew up with he was bullied in school and i stood up for him how he remembered but he did

That should help.  Good on you for doing the right thing.  I don't know how Ireland is on names but I don't think the US would care.  If John Smith and Erma Finster want to name their daughter Zelda Schwartz it's up to them.  So it depends on Ireland's stand on it. Just be glad that im/em process is all through Ireland and has nothing to do with the RP.  The RP would care about the names and 50 other things no one in their right mind would care about.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Derick

• SkyMan

• shadow

• Richard K

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when one is young naive and swiped off there feet from a country village later to see the error of there decision and she clearly sees this now. if we are to knock down every young girl for makin

We have gotten visas for and sent numerous kids overseas without the Father being notified.

Name change on a birth certificate? That is going to get complicated. I don't recall all of the steps and information necessary. But, I can tell you this, you had better pack a lunch. You might

to_dave007
14 hours ago, Ozepete said:

I know the Oz immigration wouldn't issue visas without the both parents signing but that may have also changed

This is a good point.  Canada requires signatures of BOTH parents too.  My ex wife has custody of my daughter, and to get a passport within last 5 years BOTH parents needed to sign.  Was a fairly recent change.  It's all about leveling the family law playing field between men and women, and preventing minor kids being moved without BOTH parents consent.

• Like 2
shadow
13 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Would this be necessary for US spousal or fiance visa though?  I know (or at least am assuming) Derick is Irish so he would have to find out from Immigration in Ireland, but just curious if US immigration would care about the names being different as long as her name as mother was correct on the BC.

I suggest finding out if you need to do that first.  Decide where you want to marry and explain your situation to immigration there.  Perhaps you're creating a problem in your head.

Often, yes. Most definitely it will be required where the US citizen's name is listed on the birth certificate, when in fact the child is not biologically his. They will make her amend the birth certificate to reflect her last name.

Other cases where the name is in a Filipino's name can go either way, depending on the interviewers mood.

24 minutes ago, Derick said:

Can you quote a petition number or Ref/

Not sure what you are asking for.

4 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

True enough..  but he didn't do it alone.  The young woman was an eager participant at the time, and this does say something about her decision making as well.

when one is young naive and swiped off there feet from a country village later to see the error of there decision and she clearly sees this now.

if we are to knock down every young girl for making this decision.

We are only young once aint we allowed to make stupid decisions. I KNOW I DID

• Like 6
Richard K
8 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

True enough..  but he didn't do it alone.  The young woman was an eager participant at the time, and this does say something about her decision making as well.

point made and taken... that does not however exclude the father from all responsibility.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Richard K said:

point made and taken... that does not however exclude the father from all responsibility.

As iv said previously my own son has been in this situation for the past 10+years but has stepped up to take responsibility we had a chat about it at the time i explained to him it is our son my grandchild your relationship has broken down but you are still a father as i am a grandfather i helped him in the first year or so till he got on his feet after that he grew up.

This guy though is a different story. A good kick up the ass will not help now but caution and deligence.

Headshot
3 hours ago, Derick said:

He is both a user and dealer.

Well, that may make the whole situation easy to clear up. Just have him taken out by the local hit squad. In other words, contact the police.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3

Maybe if things start going bad ( the guy finds out there is an ATM to ask money from ), that she files a petition for the guy to give child support,  or to give up his rights to the 3 year old ?,,

Nigel

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Well, that may make the whole situation easy to clear up. Just have him taken out by the local hit squad. In other words, contact the police.

As much as I detest wayward and not making ancillary orders and  It's called being an adult. a head shot at 2000 meters will not solve it he was younger than her by 8 months so i am not in the business of legitimatizing idiots for sticking there willies where there not wanted.

1 hour ago, noddle said:

Maybe if things start going bad ( the guy finds out there is an ATM to ask money from ), that she files a petition for the guy to give child support,  or to give up his rights to the 3 year old ?,,

Nigel

well now Nigel that's whats called incognito not telling anyone outside the two tablets. not telling mother sister aunt or whoever sending her to lawyer on her own in other words staying out of the picture alltogeather

40 minutes ago, Derick said:

well now Nigel that's whats called incognito not telling anyone outside the two tablets. not telling mother sister aunt or whoever sending her to lawyer on her own in other words staying out of the picture alltogeather

Maybe I should have cleared it up a bit and said this,     " IF     the guy finds out there is an ATM to ask money from "         then go down this path..

I will do it all via an attorney that specializes in family law and use her to get things done i will stay out of the picture entirely.

As her name GF is On the birth cert i will also inquire here for clarification.

As SKYMAN says i may be fretting over noting.

Thanks to all. i was feeling down in the dumps this last week and some of you guys helped pull me back up Thanks

Enuff
1 hour ago, Derick said:

I will do it all via an attorney that specializes in family law and use her to get things done i will stay out of the picture entirely.

Thanks to all. i was feeling down in the dumps this last week and some of you guys helped pull me back up Thanks

if me, I would also involve Larry aka shadow.

in case people start feet dragging of forget how to proceed.

some people think asap means by year 2019

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Oh and thanks for the clear insight Shadow Your previous dealings with this problem was clearly informative, if needed will make contact.