Sign in to follow this  
Derick

Birth cert name change

USMC-Retired

I would imagine it becomes an issue if he knows and then raises a stink over the the child leaving.  

Ozepete
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

This is no longer true.  The question comes up occasionally and most recently it has been posted that the father doesn't have a say.  About 3 years ago a friend of mine's wife left here to be with him in the US with her daughter and no mention of the father was ever made.  I would still not make mention to the father as it could possibly be that he could make some legal stink about it.  You know how lawyers are always ready to jump in where they don't belong to make a few pesos.

Thanks SM. Things must have changed since we went through years of hell trying to get my two stepsons out. I know the Oz immigration wouldn't issue visas without the both parents signing but that may have also changed. BTW The Oz Immi people in Makati were very helpful at the time. 

Might still be worthwhile getting the useless father to surrender his rights, as he may become a problem specially when he finds out his ex is a potential ATM!

• Like 3

shadow
21 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Thanks SM. Things must have changed since we went through years of hell trying to get my two stepsons out. I know the Oz immigration wouldn't issue visas without the both parents signing but that may have also changed. BTW The Oz Immi people in Makati were very helpful at the time. 

Might still be worthwhile getting the useless father to surrender his rights, as he may become a problem specially when he finds out his ex is a potential ATM!

Years ago, one needed the Father's signature or DWSD clearance in order to leave with a child under the circumstances, that hurdle was lifted about 2005 if memory serves me correctly.

Of course, every country has their own visa laws, US law has nothing against this, so long as there is no court order forbidding removal of the child.

I've absolutely no idea what the pertinent laws may be in Ireland (or Aussieland).

• Like 1

Derick

No she never married just naive

He is both a user and dealer.

It was after the child was born she found out.

Well i cant give up.

• Like 1

USMC-Retired
4 minutes ago, Derick said:

Well i cant give up.

I only have 20 fingers and toes and that would not be enough to count the number of times I have heard this same story.  I do not know her nor could I guess if her story is true or false.   Poverty will make people do and say anything that will remove them from that situation.  So tread lightly and use some skepticism when you hear these stories.  

• Like 2

Richard K
10 minutes ago, Derick said:

Well i cant give up.

Good luck with it..

shadow
16 hours ago, Derick said:

Hi every one, need advise this may have been answered previously.
Girl Friend was in a previous relationship with Phils man and they had a baby. He at the time gave all the assurances that he would take care of her so the child's name was put in his.
Needles to say but child maintenance was never paid and the relationship broke down permanently. He has subsequently fathered another child. who he does not support either.
The type of person he is,is irrelevant but to say he is a bit of a druggie.According to GF
She broke off all contact with him soon after the child was born and no contact since.
My question how to get the name changed to her mothers. So when we marry i can adopt her.
She holds a responsible job works diligently for the last 3 years and supports her daughter who lives with her Mother.
This is causing my GF no end of heart ache and if i can in some way sort this problem it will help expedite our relationship back home.

Another point, we routinely have clients that must change the name on a birth certificate, to match the maiden name of the mother, rather than the child using the Father's surname (if they are unmarried at the time of birth). This will require a court petition and take about 4-6 months. Expect P20,000 to P40,000 in attorney fees.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

Derick
13 minutes ago, shadow said:

Another point, we routinely have clients that must change the name on a birth certificate, to match the maiden name of the mother, rather than the child using the Father's surname (if they are unmarried at the time of birth). This will require a court petition and take about 4-6 months. Expect P20,000 to P40,000 in attorney fees.

Can you quote a petition number or Ref/

SkyMan
15 minutes ago, shadow said:

Would this be necessary for US spousal or fiance visa though?  I know (or at least am assuming) Derick is Irish so he would have to find out from Immigration in Ireland, but just curious if US immigration would care about the names being different as long as her name as mother was correct on the BC.

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

I suggest finding out if you need to do that first.  Decide where you want to marry and explain your situation to immigration there.  Perhaps you're creating a problem in your head.

• Like 1

Derick
Just now, SkyMan said:

Would this be necessary for US spousal or fiance visa though?  I know (or at least am assuming) Derick is Irish so he would have to find out from Immigration in Ireland, but just curious if US immigration would care about the names being different as long as her name as mother was correct on the BC.

I suggest finding out if you need to do that first.  Decide where you want to marry and explain your situation to immigration there.  Perhaps you're creating a problem in your head.

you may or may not be right but worth finding out and i do know a friendly immigration officer haven't had need to contact him in a few years though

USMC-Retired
5 minutes ago, Derick said:

There are many rules and regulations that are not written.  The Philippine Government is a money making machine.  My wife had her name misspelled on our Marriage License.  2 certifying documents to get married and 13 certifying documents to correct the error.  This is despite the fact the regulation stated you only need two for correction.  When it comes to immigration the rules are fluid and the examiner can request or ask you to do anything they feel to strengthen the petition.    Some are predictable other are out in left field.  Every single person that has done immigration for any country will have a different experience and no two are the same.   

• Like 3

Derick

while queering a problem 10 +years ago i got talking to a guy that i grew up with he was bullied in school and i stood up for him how he remembered but he did

Derick
3 minutes ago, USMC-Retired said:

There are many rules and regulations that are not written.  The Philippine Government is a money making machine.  My wife had her name misspelled on our Marriage License.  2 certifying documents to get married and 13 certifying documents to correct the error.  This is despite the fact the regulation stated you only need two for correction.  When it comes to immigration the rules are fluid and the examiner can request or ask you to do anything they feel to strengthen the petition.    Some are predictable other are out in left field.  Every single person that has done immigration for any country will have a different experience and no two are the same.   

long learning curve i see your point clearly

Derick
3 minutes ago, Derick said:

while queering a problem 10 +years ago i got talking to a guy that i grew up with he was bullied in school and i stood up for him how he remembered but he did

youst to ask him to change a one month to a 3 month which was quite legal but was determined by inspecting officer at entry

to_dave007
14 hours ago, Richard K said:

it is a pretty common story here ..of a guy knocking up a young woman and then just moving on to do it again..maybe several more times with no support to the offspring.

True enough..  but he didn't do it alone.  The young woman was an eager participant at the time, and this does say something about her decision making as well.

• Like 2