Sign in to follow this  
BigAl

Im headed back

BigAl

Well after 6 months getting a tpurist visa for my girlfriend its just so hard to get 6 weeks clear on her schedual to travel. Looks like im headed back this week or next to cebu. 

Ive got ger looking for a cheap apartment aroud argao for a month for me to be based from. 

Worked out good as i just hot laid off at work. Take a month vacation then hit the job search HARD 

If anyone knows of a furnished unit down there i would appreciate a heads up. I dont need nuch just a bed and preferably aircon. I will be in and out traveling

Edited by BigAl
  • Like 1

enoonmai

I lived in Argao for 5 years, house not apt. If you’re going to be “in and out traveling” you need to consider security. I would forget the apt for a month and look at a pension house for a discounted monthly rate. A Casia on Arellano St has 7 units and the 3 on top were supposedly for long term but that could have changed. It’s only about 4 years old. When I left they were charging p900 per night but that was a while back. Aballe Pension is also a possibility, they have 2 locations I believe. I have a couple numbers for A Casia - 09335188931 or 09496048677. Best not to tell anyone that you’re going to be out travelling.

• Like 2

BigAl

Ill be there a good amount but plan day trips mainly. Maybe a visit to AC. For a few days. I live out of a backpack so not really anything to steal.

I appreciate the numbers ill pass them on. Thats more then i plan tp spend but ill have her check

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Well after 6 months getting a tpurist visa for my girlfriend its just so hard to get 6 weeks clear on her schedual to travel...

Is she in the Philippines, and you're talking about her coming to the US on a tourist visa?

BigAl
14 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Is she in the Philippines, and you're talking about her coming to the US on a tourist visa?

Yes we have a us tourist visa fod her. 5yr.. just too busy right now for her to get away. We had a trip planned but just before the flight she got served a summons her aunt is suing her lol.. over some inherated rental property. So im just xoming back for now. Id rather be there anyways

GwapoGuy

Interested in how you acquired the tourist VISA and any tips you have would be great!

BigAl

Unfortunatly my tips probably wouldnt be much help.

My girl isnt a young poor province girl. Shes 40, worked for the government when we applid fir the visa, owns a lot of commercial rental property which she now lives off of now. She has a substantial bank account and grown children. 

Those are all things they look for to proove she will return... which she will.

• Like 2

cebubird
5 hours ago, BigAl said:

Well after 6 months getting a tpurist visa for my girlfriend its just so hard to get 6 weeks clear on her schedual to travel. Looks like im headed back this week or next to cebu. 

Ive got ger looking for a cheap apartment aroud argao for a month for me to be based from. 

Worked out good as i just hot laid off at work. Take a month vacation then hit the job search HARD 

If anyone knows of a furnished unit down there i would appreciate a heads up. I dont need nuch just a bed and preferably aircon. I will be in and out traveling

BJ B*B-Really nice Billy and Joy(Billy's on forum, but doesn't post much)Great little place, they're good folks and Joy is great cook. d/e street right on ocean.

tel-63-32-485-8181

Sent you a PM

Edited by cebubird
  • Like 1

Kabisay-an gid

Aballe (Suba) Pension House. Call for monthly rates. You'll need to ask if the rate quoted includes electricity and water. Some pensions will charge separately for those when it comes to monthly stays. Going south on the national highway from Cebu City, right after you cross over the Argao River bridge the road curves left. The pension is on the right, VERY SHORTLY after you come out of the curve. Blink and you'll miss it, but they've got it painted bright orange so you shouldn't miss it.

53020248_y3Gd-ciNx_lV9nr3-AQwWBTMugEV1E9

53020248_63hFIPA4HuyWLM0CEkbHTY5SClRSFfB

BigAl
39 minutes ago, cebubird said:

BJ B*B-Really nice Billy and Joy(Billy's on forum, but doesn't post much)Great little place, they're good folks and Joy is great cook. d/e street right on ocean.

tel-63-32-485-8181

Sent you a PM

Thanks i know of this place but for a month sray thats way way more then i want to spend. 

4 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Aballe (Suba) Pension House. Call for monthly rates. You'll need to ask if the rate quoted includes electricity and water. Some pensions will charge separately for those when it comes to monthly stays. Going south on the national highway from Cebu City, right after you cross over the Argao River bridge the road curves left. The pension is on the right, VERY SHORTLY after you come out of the curve. Blink and you'll miss it, but they've got it painted bright orange so you shouldn't miss it.

53020248_y3Gd-ciNx_lV9nr3-AQwWBTMugEV1E9

53020248_63hFIPA4HuyWLM0CEkbHTY5SClRSFfB

Thanks for that ill send her down to talk in person. She started to go yesterday and got stuck in the storm on her bike so she didnt make it. Maybe today

BigAl
19 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Found a website saying nightly rate at Aballe is 900php. So thats in my price range we will see what the monthly rate is, thanks

Ed1961
3 hours ago, BigAl said:

Unfortunatly my tips probably wouldnt be much help.

My girl isnt a young poor province girl. Shes 40, worked for the government when we applid fir the visa, owns a lot of commercial rental property which she now lives off of now. She has a substantial bank account and grown children. 

Those are all things they look for to proove she will return... which she will.

Ive got quite a few filippino friends from the 1980's who aquired some wealth and propertiy here and surprisingly it was easy for them to get tourist visas and travel the USA just this past year...  things do change

Kabisay-an gid

There are two Aballe pension houses in Argao, both owned by the same people. One in barangay Suba, the other in barangay Tulic.

The one I mentioned is the one in Suba, which is a little nicer and has a few more amenities. The balconies are a nice little plus, you can sit outside and get some fresh air when you feel like it.

I'm pretty sure the monthly rate will come out considerably cheaper than 900 a night.

• Like 1

Richard K

If/when you get to AC and want a good place to eat try Margarita Station... upper walking street... I have never had a bad meal there

• Like 1

BigAl

Yes i saw there was two and yes im sure it will be cheaper thats why i said its in my budget lol.

Richard K thanks, i know of them. I have quite a few friends in AC. In fact the man who first got me into this whole phillipines life lives there many years now. Not sure if i will pat him on the back or kick him in the balls for it tho lol.. 

• Like 2