Portable Generator - where to buy?

dustybookend
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Jester said:

It is more fun in the philippines,  Should drain the carburetor bowl also, but best not tell them that. If I run my genset on leaded gas, I run it dry on that then add some non ethanol gas and run it dry again.  Don't know if you have access to non ethanol?   The ethanol causes the problems. 

You can get leaded gas? If so why run it dry? Leaded gas, with no ethanol, lasts almost forever.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Jester

• smokey

• fred42

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a reason Honda generators are more costly. Because they are both good and reliable. But, you can't have both "good" and "cheap". It doesn't work that way with generators. So, make up your min

And don't forget to send them 1,000 pesos a day for the gas to run it.  

I'm probably better off not building my own gas tank! On the inlet end is an opening above the control panel, that is the intake air.  The case itself is actually designed to cool the generator a

Posted Images

Jester
2 minutes ago, dustybookend said:

You can get leaded gas? If so why run it dry? Leaded gas, with no ethanol, lasts almost forever.

I'm not believing that non ethanol lasts forever.   Much easier to run it dry on non ethanol and drain the carb that rebuild the carb. 

• Like 1
shadow
On 7/16/2017 at 9:27 PM, Paul said:

There will be a mechanic who is certified to work on a Denyo.

Any decent diesel mechanic can work on  a Denyo, it's just a diesel engine with an alternator attached, no frills, no carburetor to adjust, bare basics.

• Like 1
RogerDat

This is a typo, or a time warp as leaded gas has not been available for years unless you use ave gas. Blaze is non ethanol gas is what I use in my motors, car, mowers and generators. 

dustybookend
20 minutes ago, Jester said:

I'm not believing that non ethanol lasts forever.   Much easier to run it dry on non ethanol and drain the carb that rebuild the carb. 

Up to you.

Jester
7 hours ago, RogerDat said:

This is a typo, or a time warp as leaded gas has not been available for years unless you use ave gas. Blaze is non ethanol gas is what I use in my motors, car, mowers and generators. 

I bad, typo.  I have OV60S   Over 60 Syndrome and on rare occasions sometime make minute, barely noticeable errors.  I meant I usually run on ethanol gas and when putting things away I run them dry with non ethanol.  

• Like 2
Paul
8 hours ago, shadow said:

Any decent diesel mechanic can work on  a Denyo, it's just a diesel engine with an alternator attached, no frills, no carburetor to adjust, bare basics.

Not to mention @fred42, how long do you think a bank would be willing to wait for their genset to be repaired? Not long, I can assure you.