US soldier arrested in Hawaii for alleged ties to ISIS, FBI says

Paul

I hid several posts, due to being direct replies, and / or having quotes from previous posts. The original poster, who was quoted, asked that I remove his reply. I finally stopped with OzJon's post. Had I not, I would have hidden the vast majority of posts in this thread.

the.lone.gunman

Where is Bo Bergdahl ?  Still under the rug ?

smokey
5 hours ago, Oz Jon said:

Before or after a trial?

good thing he is not here or we would be seeing his picture with a few packets of white powder and a cardboard sign..

Richard K
21 hours ago, RogerDat said:

I think he will be tried in a Military court, and if found guilty, be confined to Ft Leavenworth.

Is that how that works?.. I thought if it is a civil felony it does not get tried in a military tribunal?...how does that work anyway?... the rules for a military trial are alot different I think.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
Is that how that works?.. I thought if it is a civil felony it does not get tried in a military tribunal?...how does that work anyway?... the rules for a military trial are alot different I think.

An active duty soldier supporting the enemy. You better believe it's a violation of the UCMJ. Maybe even a violation that could carry the death penalty...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

• Like 2
Soarking
22 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

An active duty soldier supporting the enemy. You better believe it's a violation of the UCMJ. Maybe even a violation that could carry the death penalty...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Kang has been under investigation by the U.S. Army and the FBI for over a year, according to Delacourt.

It could be a violation of the UCMJ that carries the death penalty,   but doubtful they will go that far.    Being he has been under investigation for over a year I would suspect they know exactly what information he passed on and he would have been kept away from vital information except that given him by the US ARMY or FBI as a plant.

• Like 1
lamoe
6 hours ago, Richard K said:

When you join the military  there are many freedoms you voluntarily give up to insure others still have them. Which is why some of us get so pissed when we feel they are abused

Freedom of

Speech

Assembly

Trial by your peers  - other than they are military - (officers  only for officers I believe - officers and enlisted for enlisted - that's the way it was at my trial - what evidence is admissible - appeals process - etc)

Movement