San Pedro, Leyte 5.9 Earthquake felt in Cebu July 10 @ 0941

Mikala

Felt as strong as the one a few days ago. No information on USGS site yet...

Condo balcony is still there! :D

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 2
lamoe

Verified by looked at water jug

easy44

It was strong but not as bad as the first one.  I am close to the epicenter of the 6.5 and this aftershock felt much weaker to me.

Edited by easy44
Mikala

It's raining here and the condo management is demanding that all condo residents evacuate the building while they inspect for quake damage... :scratch_head:

easy44
2 minutes ago, Mikala said:

It's raining here and the condo management is demanding that all condo residents evacuate the building while they inspect for quake damage... :scratch_head:

Geez, it wasn't THAT bad.

• Like 1

In Cebu City I was in loft and felt it, wife was downstairs and didn't even notice it.

aussiekangaroo

Woke me up beside I.T park with the bed shaking. 

lamoe

on 19th floor - felt much weaker than last one

Woolf

Magnitude 5.4 aftershock jolts Ormoc City

Monday, July 10, 2017

A STRONG aftershock of the 6.5-magnitude Leyte earthquake struck near Ormoc City at 9:41 a.m. Monday, July 10. The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) recorded the aftershock at a magnitude of 5.4, with epicenter nine kilometers southeast of Ormoc City and a depth of one kilometer. The aftershock was felt at Intensity 5 in Ormoc City; Intensity 4 in Mayorga, Leyte; Tacloban City and Mandaue City; and Intensity 2 in Lapu-Lapu City. Phivolcs also recorded instrumental Intensity III in Cebu City, and instrumental Intensity II in Palo, Leyte, and Lapu-Lapu City. Phivolcs said damages are expected. The aftershock prompted an emergency evacuation of students at the University of Cebu-Banilad Campus, University of Cebu Lapu-Lapu Mandaue Campus and Cebu Normal University. A shallow magnitude 6.5 earthquake hit Leyte province Thursday afternoon, July 6, killed two people and injured more than a hundred. READ: 2 dead, 100 injured in Leyte quake The quake caused a building to collapse in Kananga, Leyte. Some roads were also damaged. It also caused geothermal facilities from Ormoc to Kananga to shut down, resulting in power outages in several Visayas islands. (Jo Ann Sablad/SunStar Philippines)

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2017/07/10/magnitude-54-aftershock-jolts-ormoc-city-552076

• Like 2
liquido

I know we are all prone but it sure seems like Leyte gets its share of disasters with Typhoons,earthquakes and what have you.

• Like 1
Headshot

I didn't feel it at my home in north Mandaue, but it knocked out the power. However, the barangay schools on the other side of the hill from me felt it enough that school was dismissed for the day.

4 minutes ago, liquido said:

I know we are all prone but it sure seems like Leyte gets its share of disasters with Typhoons,earthquakes and what have you.

It might be why Leyte and Samar are so poor. It is hard to grow a business when things keep getting knocked down.

Edited by Headshot
Alfred E. Neuman
10 hours ago, Mikala said:

10 hours ago, easy44 said:

Geez, it wasn't THAT bad.

The building management doesn‘t trust their own building.

• Like 2