Sign in to follow this  
Richard K

Boats, split from Eastern Samar

Richard K

One thing I did there in Llorente was spent a couple of 1/2 days on a sailing banka. When I lived in the States and my kids were younger and around I always had a boat.. mostly I trailered it behind my truck but some years I would rent a dock slip. I had forgotten how much I love being on the water. I would love to have a small... 16'-18' banka single sail with a 5-10hp motor to get me out of slumps here. I could not believe how stable they are on the inter-coastal side... I'm not sure I want to venture out too far.... but I love sailing. I had mostly motor-boats but I also had a 14' Sailfish that was an absolute blast. I might have to look into this further...I missing my fishing also...

• Like 3

PhilsFan

I really want to get my hands on an 18ft Hobie with a trolling motor (6-8hp) set-up.

My kid would love it. A great platform to snorkel or Hookah, too.

I really need to get off these damn forums and get back to work on this 33ft Moody I am (kinda) working on today, lol.

Edited by PhilsFan
  • Like 2

shadow
12 hours ago, Richard K said:

One thing I did there in Llorente was spent a couple of 1/2 days on a sailing banka. When I lived in the States and my kids were younger and around I always had a boat.. mostly I trailered it behind my truck but some years I would rent a dock slip. I had forgotten how much I love being on the water. I would love to have a small... 16'-18' banka single sail with a 5-10hp motor to get me out of slumps here. I could not believe how stable they are on the inter-coastal side... I'm not sure I want to venture out too far.... but I love sailing. I had mostly motor-boats but I also had a 14' Sailfish that was an absolute blast. I might have to look into this further...I missing my fishing also...

I rebuilt this, it is a 17 ft Jersey skiff with sail and has a 110cc Honda MC engine inboard;

Image may contain: outdoor

I have about P100,000 invested in it and the trailer, plus ooodles and ooodles of hours. 

• Like 3

Richard K
1 hour ago, shadow said:

I rebuilt this, it is a 17 ft Jersey skiff with sail and has a 110cc Honda MC engine inboard;

I have about P100,000 invested in it and the trailer, plus ooodles and ooodles of hours. 

wow that is sweet man...congrats

• Like 1

shadow
7 minutes ago, Richard K said:

wow that is sweet man...congrats

Unfortunately, there are few places near me that I can get it in and out of the water, so mostly it sits, waiting for someone who needs it more than I do. It hasn't been in the water for about a year now.

:cry:

When I was working on it there was two brand new concrete boat launches in Dumaguete, but shortly after I finished it, they built a seawall in front of them so they are useless now.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

PhilsFan
5 hours ago, shadow said:

THAT is one sweet boat Larry. Well done. It rides really well in a swell, I think? 

(talking to myself)...Maybe? No Jon. No. Not now. you got 2  you aint sold yet, Lol.

Edited by PhilsFan
  • Like 1

shadow
1 hour ago, PhilsFan said:

THAT is one sweet boat Larry. Well done. It rides really well in a swell, I think? 

(talking to myself)...Maybe? No Jon. No. Not now. you got 2  you aint sold yet, Lol.

Yeah, it rides "swell".

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

newtocebu

That must be the first boat trailer I've ever seen in the Phils 

Nice rig

shadow
38 minutes ago, newtocebu said:

Nice rig

Built the trailer myself, for about P40,000. I've built a number of various trailers over the years for other people here.

• Like 3

Richard K

While I was idly looking I found a fiberglass banca builder in Manila on the inter-webby. P28000 for basic hull..no motor or outriggers.... at 19' - 23' they will customize

.https://www.olx.ph/item/fiberglass-banca-ID7xG4U.html?h=941040593d

Fiberglass appeals to me as I am basically a lazy bastard...no worms.. no rot...fairly easy to fix.

I am far from wealthy and cannot afford a million investment in what is basically a hobby.

• Like 2

Richard K
6 hours ago, shadow said:

Unfortunately, there are few places near me that I can get it in and out of the water, so mostly it sits, waiting for someone who needs it more than I do.

Are you looking to sell this?.. Out of curiosity what would you want for it..trailer included?

shadow
6 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Are you looking to sell this?.. Out of curiosity what would you want for it..trailer included?

I originally restored it with the intention of selling it, but I have not officially put it up for sale yet. 

RR3
2 hours ago, newtocebu said:

Well, I have one built by David for 30k. My ocean yacht is full 4 meters marine grade alu with bimini top. No maintenance. 90 kg. Man, it flies :cool:

Two ramps in my area for easy launch.

Edited by RR3
  • Like 3

Richard K
21 minutes ago, RR3 said:

Well, I have one built by David for 30k. My ocean yacht is full 4 meters marine grade alu with bimini top. No maintenance. 90 kg. Man, it flies :cool:

Two ramps in my area for easy launch.

tell me more... I love boats

I had a 1986 17' Glastron bowrider I/O 300hp Merc out drive, modified V hull . it was heavy but it had power... It would jump right up on plane and then you could almost idle it down to next to nothing before it would drop off. I pulled 6 skiers with 7 people in the boat without problem... Then my ex-wifes son found the keys and took it while were away for a weekend and ran it through some rocks... total loss.. broke my heart