broden

U.S. Confirms that North Korea Fired Intercontinental Ballistic Missile

Richard K

There is not really alot truly "known" about that regime excepting for defectors and the govt. run news. From what I have seen this is a scary guy... In the past he has escalated threats and then toned down almost like a game. ( just like papa).. he has eliminated every opposing view point and the population claps and bows to each time he has a drink of water ...It "seems".. the populous is all behind him... indoctrinated and basically made ignorant purposely of the outside world. If you look at a night-time sat. view of the country it is DARK.
I guess my only point is... nothing would surprise me about this guy... he is gearing up to be a "world power" and really has no clue of what that is.... he seems to think it is military power. They still have the largest standing army in the world.
Someone said the CIA should covertly eliminate him.. that would do no good... the whole country is behind him.. nuking them into dust is really not a good option.. should be kept on the table though.
China has already stopped coal imports but they are afraid... refugees in huge numbers across the border would be a nightmare for them...That and they worry of losing any regional power by have a missel defense system provided by the USA to S. Korea..... Russia... the other player in it all does what they do.. they play it all one against the other.. as they always have
It is a a fine kettle of fish without doubt. I hope saner minds than what seems to be dealing with it from most sides prevails.

The problem with "bluffs".. is someone always calls them

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Flakes said:

Well sooner or later most of the Usa and Israeli hostile countries will also have long distance nuclear weapons its an unstoppable process

If you are correct, then I hope those hostile countries are prepared to have nuclear weapons dropped on them.  National defense is not a game.  Its more of a duel.  You can choose the weapon but the opponent, (in your scenario meaning the USA) will have the same weapons, more of them, and more experience using them. 

A rational individual would not pick up a gun and threaten an armed gunfighter and realistically expect the gunfighter to back down.  What rational country would build a nuclear weapon and threaten the USA and realistically expect the USA to back down?

• Like 1

Flakes
3 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

If you are correct, then I hope those hostile countries are prepared to have nuclear weapons dropped on them.  National defense is not a game.  Its more of a duel.  You can choose the weapon but the opponent, (in your scenario meaning the USA) will have the same weapons, more of them, and more experience using them. 

A rational individual would not pick up a gun and threaten an armed gunfighter and realistically expect the gunfighter to back down.  What rational country would build a nuclear weapon and threaten the USA and realistically expect the USA to back down?

Probably countries that feel threated by the amount of weapons from the USa pointed to them.I sure these hostile countries are exchanging knowledge amongst themselves  exactly how to produce nuclear weapons and within 10-15 years most will have them. I do not think America can prevent this from happening.

A_Simple_Man
28 minutes ago, Flakes said:

.I sure these hostile countries are exchanging knowledge amongst themselves  exactly how to produce nuclear weapons and within 10-15 years most will have them. I do not think America can prevent this from happening.

Again, it is quite likely you are right.  I am sure that America is figuring out  how to counter that threat as we discuss this.  Within the 10 to 15 years you mention they will probably have it figured out as they are exchanging knowledge with other non-hostile countries at the same rate.

I do not think that America can prevent irrational people/countries from being stupid but I think they can and do say "Bring It On"!  America is prepared today.  They will be more prepared in 15 years.  But let me try to phrase it another way, it is irrational for a bunch of sparrows to threaten an eagle.

• Like 1

Flakes

The problem is once such a hostile Country has nuclear weapons then its basically to late to fix it. The best option would be to completely drone the leadership of a hostile regime country that is going forward producing them.Korea should just be one Country.

the.lone.gunman

There are dozens of " N.korean defector / escapee  blog, websites, and books available online. They roughly estimate that 30-50% of the population do not support the regime.

• Like 1

Oz Jon
On 7/30/2017 at 9:10 PM, A_Simple_Man said:

Again, it is quite likely you are right.  I am sure that America is figuring out  how to counter that threat as we discuss this.  Within the 10 to 15 years you mention they will probably have it figured out as they are exchanging knowledge with other non-hostile countries at the same rate.

I do not think that America can prevent irrational people/countries from being stupid but I think they can and do say "Bring It On"!  America is prepared today.  They will be more prepared in 15 years.  But let me try to phrase it another way, it is irrational for a bunch of sparrows to threaten an eagle.

The big problem is that the NK leader is irrational, bordering on crazy! ..... naively stupid and apparently doesn't realise (or care?) just how serious a game he is playing.

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 1

Ozepete
On 30/07/2017 at 0:30 PM, rizla said:

So China should lose revenue because another country is pissing off the USA, that makes no sense to me.

Also, perhaps China remembers all the help they got from the west when the japs were slaughtering them by the thousands in the 1930's! Four fifths of feck all! 

And any country in the west that thinks they can piss off China, Russia and others with their airs of supposed superior arrogance, should not be surprised if China and Russia gets behind NK if attacked, and then all hell will break lose. 

And anyone who thinks attacking NK will be a pushover is a fool. Look at what happened last time and NK is far better positioned this time!

The biggest danger the west faces right now is arrogance! JMO

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 2

Headshot
5 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Interestingly, that is also the biggest danger that NK faces also.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
16 minutes ago, Headshot said:
23 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Interestingly, that is also the biggest danger that NK faces also.

Looking at the two leaders,  I think you both misspelt that word :P Did you mean "hair"ogance

image.png.61bf134a4e285407394b05348acebbc5.png170403091619-kim-jong-un-donald-trump-split-0403-full-169.jpg

• Like 1