Italian Sausage

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

Biggest problem for me is finding fennel seeds, still looking after a year.

When I lived in that neck of the woods I used to acquire them from a local shop that specialized in supplying bakeries. Sorry I can't remember the name or even approx location in Duma, too many years and beers since I last visited the place! But they had fennel seeds at one time. Or maybe they were anise seeds, which can be used as well. Not sure if they still do, but with a bit of investigating you might track down the place I mean. It was more of a wholesale type place - they sold large bags of flour and other baking ingredients, pans etc.

• Like 1
shadow
5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

When I lived in that neck of the woods I used to acquire them from a local shop that specialized in supplying bakeries. Sorry I can't remember the name or even approx location in Duma, too many years and beers since I last visited the place! But they had fennel seeds at one time. Or maybe they were anise seeds, which can be used as well. Not sure if they still do, but with a bit of investigating you might track down the place I mean. It was more of a wholesale type place - they sold large bags of flour and other baking ingredients, pans etc.

You are most likely referring to YanYan. They have anise seed, which many other places in town also have, but no fennel seed. I have been using anise seed, a forum member recently brought me fennel seed.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
18 minutes ago, shadow said:

You are most likely referring to YanYan.

That's the place! 

RogerDat

sausage casing delivery Cebu, near Taboan market.

217337_141035379299513_8205775_n.jpg.fdb73f40154e96b17a634d47c6f28b9c.jpg

• Like 3
RogerDuMond
23 hours ago, Richard K said:

Does anyone have a good recipe for Italian sausage?

I use Italian sausage seasoning from The Spice House in the US and just add red pepper flakes. I tried making my own spice blend, but couldn't come close to the quality of this stuff. It takes one TBS per kilo. I buy two 1 pound packages at a time along with any other spices I need and can't find here and my wife ships them over in a BB box. I do eat a lot of Italian sausage sandwiches.

https://www.thespicehouse.com/italian-sausage-seasoning

23 hours ago, Richard K said:

Also.. does anyone have a recommend for a meat grinder with sausage stuffing attachment?

I bought a Tasin -TS-102AL (Electric Meat Mincer) 1/2 HP motor. I bought it from some company in Manila on OLX. I think it was around 13,000 pesos delivered. OLX has one now for 10,500 plus delivery and Lazada has one for 15,500. I do a lot of processing of my own beef and goat and am pleased with the purchase. It is heavy duty, weighing around 23 kilos.

IMG_0901.JPG.21e4334390180cd71976ebec9fb9deb8.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG.04e49795cb5ee709cb2c8b169aef3eb5.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG.220b320c7c31a514ab211f3e8631dd95.JPG

http://www.tasin.com.tw/en/ts-102AL.htm

Edited by RogerDuMond
Richard K
28 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

I use Italian sausage seasoning from The Spice House in the US and just add red pepper flakes. I tried making my own spice blend, but couldn't come close to the quality of this stuff. It takes one TBS per kilo. I buy two 1 pound packages at a time along with any other spices I need and can't find here and my wife ships them over in a BB box. I do eat a lot of Italian sausage sandwiches.

https://www.thespicehouse.com/italian-sausage-seasoning

I bought a Tasin -TS-102AL (Electric Meat Mincer) 1/2 HP motor. I bought it from some company in Manila on OLX. I think it was around 13,000 pesos delivered. OLX has one now for 10,500 plus delivery and Lazada has one for 15,500. I do a lot of processing of my own beef and goat and am pleased with the purchase. It is heavy duty, weighing around 23 kilos.

IMG_0901.JPG.21e4334390180cd71976ebec9fb9deb8.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG.04e49795cb5ee709cb2c8b169aef3eb5.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG.220b320c7c31a514ab211f3e8631dd95.JPG

http://www.tasin.com.tw/en/ts-102AL.htm

Thanks Roger... I will look into both.... How's the smoke house coming?

RogerDuMond
25 minutes ago, Richard K said:

How's the smoke house coming?

I have just gotten all the parts together and will probably start building it next week. I have to wait until my farm workers finish repainting my wife's tennis court.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
shadow
3 minutes ago, Charline said:

where can I buy casing?

I have mine shipped from the US. If there is a good source in Cebu, I would love to know about it.