Sign in to follow this  
samatm

How to Market and Sell a Condo in CEBU

Flakes
8 minutes ago, Aerosick said:

All we've ever needed is 1 Local at a time. Some people are the same the world over: Don't want tied down by owning where they live.

Yup sure one local u will find but in the 25-35K range the majority of ur tenants will be foreigners.

Lee
26 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Usually locals with good income buy units themselves and they rarely rent from foreigners its just true weather u like it or not.

How come you are such an expert my friend and you do not even own condos in the Philippines, you have a lot to learn. Not everyone want to own, not everyone who can afford to rent can buy a place of their own, it takes a down payment to buy which most people who "live for today" never seem to be able to save up. As an example only, two ladies were renting in Winland years ago, I used to see them working out at the gym downstairs, one day I saw one of those ladies in a bar, she was a bargirl, the other lady her sister had a regular job, they could not afford to buy but they could afford to rent. I have met many Filipino business owners who rent as well as locals who have decent jobs, someday if and when you own your own condo, then you too will likely meet lots of them.

Also in IT Park many call center workers rent in groups.

Edited by Lee
  • Thanks 2

Flakes
2 minutes ago, Lee said:

How come you are such an expert my friend and you do not even own condos in the Philippines, you have a lot to learn. Not everyone want to own, not everyone who can afford to rent can buy a place of their own, it takes a down payment to buy which most people who "live for today" never seem to be able to save up. As an example only, two ladies were renting in Winland years ago, I used to see them working out at the gym downstairs, one day I saw one of those ladies in a bar, she was a bargirl, the other lady her sister had a regular job, they could not afford to buy but they could afford to rent. I have met many Filipino business owners who rent as well as locals who have decent jobs, someday if and when you own your own condo, they you too will likely meet lots of them.

Maybe i got friends in cebu with condos? They tell me with airbnb  often its locals but they book for some days or weeks only longer term 6 months and up usually foreigners especially in the 25-35k range.

Lee
36 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Maybe i got friends in cebu with condos? They tell me with airbnb  often its locals but they book for some days or weeks only longer term 6 months and up usually foreigners especially in the 25-35k range.

Well like most things in life, one building or one area may have one type of renter than another, so your friends obviously do not have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on in Cebu or they never would have told you that, and besides, airbnb is different than rentals, different clients than long term renters would be, likely airbnb would not be locals, more likely tourists from other parts of the Philippines and the world. Also you probably should be aware that a lot of condo complexes do not allow airbnb rentals. 

To add, this thread is about buying and selling not renting.

Edited by Lee
  • Thanks 2

Flakes
3 minutes ago, Lee said:

Well like most things in life, one building or one area may have one type of renter than another, so your friends obviously do not have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on in Cebu or they never would have told you that, and besides, airbnb is different than rentals, different clients than long term renters would be, likely airbnb would not be locals, more likely tourists from other parts of the Philippines and the world. Also you probably should be away that a lot of condo complexes do not allow airbnb rentals. 

To add, this thread is about buying and selling not renting.

list it with several agents and publish it  on several sites then go lower in the asking price every 3 months till it gets picked up.Tidy up the property.

rep1
On 9/13/2017 at 10:40 PM, Lee said:

Not true, renters are anyone and everyone who has enough income to support the rents, there are plenty of Filipinos who rent in condo complexes, I have personally seen it. 

What sort of people are they? Aside from business owners and groups renting?

Flakes
9 minutes ago, rep1 said:

I doubt lots of locals would even consider throwing away 20-30k on rent. Cause then they would prefer to buy such unit with inhouse finance  they could even pay monthly less then 20k.so u only can market it to a tiny fraction of the locals lets be fair. Yes a Pinay with a foreigner bf is a good option but again its a renters market choice of units more then enough and in every building!

Lee
45 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Often working or retired people, we have an older Filipino couple who live next door to us on one side, a middle aged Filipina govt worker next door on the other side one of my friends has an older single Filipino lady who lives next door to him and I have seen young and old couples too, as I wrote, all types of Filipinos, both owners and renters. I am not sure why that comes as a surprise to anyone, some locals like the security and convenience of location of living in a condo too, not everyone likes living in a house.

• Thanks 1

delancey

The premise that Filipinos don’t buy or rent in the 25-30K is false. The idea that people will not rent what they can afford to buy is false. There are so many lifestyles and circumstances that it would be ridiculous to even waste the time to show all the different scenerios by which people make  choices. The highest rent I personally know someone paying here (not third party heresay) is P190K per month. Go to Beverly Hills sub- division and see if you think they can buy the condos for sale elsewhere in Cebu.

I don’t understand why someone would be so vested in beng negative when the point of the tread is how to market and sell a condo or at least be positive about it.

Plenty of negative nelly threads if that’s your objective.

• Thanks 4

Flakes

Yes locals do buy up condos lots especially the 3M-5M price range. However They do not often rent those condos themselves  long term 20,000-30,000 monthly of course we can all come up with some exception however the majority of the locals are not throwing this money away on rent! And why would they?

smokey

Just look rent pad there are about 100 000 condos 4 rent i see some offers one was funny looking 4. A three bedroom condo will pay 9000 a month are condo units eaay to sell gee ask the members in here if you want to sell for less then you buy plus offer payments the unit will sell

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

Salty Dog

It appears this thread has turned into another pissing contest between those who own condos vs those who own houses.

There doesn't seem to be much more to be gained from this continued bickering. 

Thread Closed...