Sign in to follow this  
maribago

Vessel New Build Manager Position

maribago

I am trying to move back to Cebu but need a source of income. My profession is a Master Mariner but my level of expertise is in Vessel new build and refit. I have performed vessel deliveries throughout the N. Pacific but would much prefer to stay close to my family in Cebu. Any builders that require a manager that has good organization skills please contact me as I am more than willing to assist. Cebu has many marine suppliers such as foundries, machine shops, welders, and materials suppliers for epoxy and fiberglass, all of which I have used in the past for boat repair there in Cebu. I tried to email Mr. Ken Grome but I cannot reach him. I read his post here and felt that he might have some insight into work in Cebu. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

J.M. Watson

My contact info is;

Jonathan Watson xxx-xxxx-xxxxxx call or text. [email protected]

Edited by USMC-Retired
Removed contact info

Davaoeno

If I follow it seems that you need to find a shipyard that needs a manager.  How are you local language skills ?   How much experience do you have building ships/boats  on that level  in the Philippines?

I would think that if you answer either question in the negative that you will have a very hard time indeed in finding your managerial job here .

• Like 1

shadow
3 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

If I follow it seems that you need to find a shipyard that needs a manager.  How are you local language skills ?   How much experience do you have building ships/boats  on that level  in the Philippines?

I would think that if you answer either question in the negative that you will have a very hard time indeed in finding your managerial job here .

And if he did manage to land his dream job, he would be lucky to get much more than $500/month.

• Like 1

Paul
3 hours ago, maribago said:

I tried to email Mr. Ken Grome

Kenneth Grome, a name I haven't heard for ages. The Boat Works guy. 

• Like 1