Sign in to follow this  
poby

What happens to child abuser in PH prison?

spydoo
39 minutes ago, poby said:

Those with an increased likelihood of becoming abusers should be punished more severely because they need greater reinforcement of the wrongness of what they want to do.  It doesn't matter what the reason is that causes them to have a greater desire to abuse.  If the reason is because they were abused themselves, well that's sad but doesn't change the fact that they need stronger punishment.  The more they want to abuse, the more we need to punish so as to make them fear the time more than than their desire for the crime....

Ok, so please look the seven year old girl in the eye and tell her that from now on her punishments will be more severe because she's at risk of becoming an abuser herself. That's exactly what you are proscribing.

Of course my rant made no sense, because it was based entirely on your logic.

• Like 1

poby
10 minutes ago, spydoo said:

Ok, so please look the seven year old girl in the eye and tell her that from now on her punishments will be more severe because she's at risk of becoming an abuser herself. That's exactly what you are proscribing.

No need to tell her that.  But yeah if she grows up to inflict profound bodily harm to another, and the reason is that she was abused as a child then absolutely she needs to be punished more severely.  I am absolutely consistent and logical in this.

But frankly, I'm not entirely convinced that the abused are more likely to be abusers.  I think people just use it to try to get a weaker sentence.  Whether it's true or not.

• Like 1

spydoo
1 minute ago, poby said:

No need to tell her that.  But yeah if she grows up to inflict profound bodily harm to another, and the reason is that she was abused as a child then absolutely she needs to be punished more severely.  I am absolutely consistent and logical in this.

But frankly, I'm not entirely convinced that the abused are more likely to be abusers.  I think people just use it to try to get a weaker sentence.  Whether it's true or not.

I read one study where abused girls were monitored and found to have a much, much higher than average incidence of being in a household where kids were abused, or they suffered from neglect from the woman herself. I found that convincing as it had nothing to do with anyone claiming abuse in return for leniency.

Don't you think it's fair to give warning? Shouldn't you tell the abused seven-year-old girl now you think she should be punished more severely when she's older if she doesn't look after kids well?

Of course, you wouldn't do that because the injustice would stink to high heaven and you'd fear the retribution of God, if you believe in Him, or of not being able to sleep at night if you don't.

• Like 1

spydoo
11 hours ago, Richard K said:

...I will re-iterate.. touch my family.. son, daughter... um... like I said.. I " know violence" ... I will bring it

I completely understand. Protecting one's children is right. Wanting various perpetrators to suffer being raped to death isn't. 

I'm against sexual assault in all forms and at all times. My real objection in this thread is to the person who was promoting sexual assault in some instances. I admit to having been sucked into stooping to a pretty ridiculous level of silliness as I tried to understand his logic, which he hasn't been able to justify.

I also objected to his principle that those who have been abused should suffer twice the punishment of those who haven't. I guess since he's probably the only person in the world who holds that view I really don't need to worry about the potential of it actually happening.

• Like 2

Davaoeno
3 hours ago, poby said:

Being beaten up or raped to death is a good thing if it helps his victims to recover. If they know how justice has been done, I think it's easier to move past it.

It would help his victims to recover ?  This line of thought is complete lunacy .

• Like 1

Davaoeno
3 hours ago, poby said:

I didn't read all of your rambling post - it was just too long and nonsensical.  I got the impression you were very drunk when you wrote it.  After the first few paragraphs, I gave up trying to make any sense of it.

It made complete sense to me and for you , because of your intolerant opinions making you   unable to comprehend it ,  to attack him personally shows a complete lack of  integrity .  That is a very cheap shot to try to win a debate . 

If there is any justice you will be banned from this thread . 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2

Paul
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

If there is any justice you will be banned from this thread .

If banning the OP, might as well lock it.

Let's see if everyone can just take a breather and not attack the other members.

• Like 2

poby

I'm still waiting for a logical rational response.  I calmly posited a logical argument in favor of higher penalties for those who claim being abused made them do it.  Judging from the likes, I'm apparently not alone in this opinion.

Instead of rabid abuse, how about a calm reasoned argument opposing? 

As to the proposition that sexual assault is always wrong, well I put it to you, that were someone to commit a heinous crime in which even death is insufficient solace to the victim(s), then some form of torture might be considered justice.  Malaysia I think uses the cane on some criminals - a good thing I believe.  You might say that killing is always wrong but many people believe capital punishment is the only just answer to certain crimes.

48 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

It would help his victims to recover ?  This line of thought is complete lunacy .

Punishment has many purposes.  The ideal one is deterrent but that's not the only one.  The little girl's mother in this case feels a lot better knowing the pervert is punished severely.  Therefore, some of the harm done is mitigated by punishing at a level that gives the victims some sense of justice.  As an erstwhile attorney, you should well know that justice must not only be done, but be seen to be done.  Patently inadequate punishments cause more harm to the victims.  This is well documented.

If it was my little girl, it would not be enough to kill the bastard.  I would much prefer he suffer over an extended period before succumbing.  That would help me recover to some extent.

oztony
10 minutes ago, Richard K said:
http://www.organicandhealthy.org/2017/07/child-rapist-tied-up-and-beaten-to.html

http://www.organicandhealthy.org/2017/07/child-rapist-tied-up-and-beaten-to.html

IDK how to insert a video on here..:(..sorry

Maybe a good thing in this case ,  ... regardless of his crime (which he did deserve to die for) certain things are prohibited from being posted on the open forums , gory stuff and dead body's included. 

Richard K
14 minutes ago, oztony said:

Maybe a good thing in this case ,  ... regardless of his crime (which he did deserve to die for) certain things are prohibited from being posted on the open forums , gory stuff and dead body's included. 

ahh ok sorry

oztony
1 minute ago, Richard K said:

ahh ok sorry

No harm , no foul ...the link is there for those who wish to click and have a look see...

BTW , YouTube is the easiest way to post videos, just copy and paste the link on the page and it immediately opens up ready to play ...?

Davaoeno

If you read the article that comes with that video you will read :  

As per reports, the victim was playing at the bank of a river in Jalwe village where she had gone to attend a wedding. It is speculated that an intoxicated Hansada abducted the girl, raped her and killed her before leaving her body among the trees by the bank of the river.

According to Prabhat Khabar, Hansda went back to the village and joined the wedding party. When they couldn’t find her, the girl’s family began to search for her and eventually found her body. Enraged locals caught hold of Hansda, tied him, and beat him mercilessly till he died. Police later arrived and took both bodies into custody, before releasing them to their respective families, following a postmortem

O
The one thing that you will immediately notice in the article is that there is no mention of any witnesses or any evidence against the guy who they accused and killed.   People love to include those kind of details, and since they weren't included I have to wonder on what kind of evidence this guy was convicted ?
  • Like 1

Paul
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

and since they weren't included I have to wonder on what kind of evidence this guy was convicted ?

In the video, he didn't fight. He let them beat him to death. Makes one wonder.

Richard K
Just now, Paul said:

In the video, he didn't fight. He let them beat him to death. Makes one wonder.

yeah I wondered about that too.. it was some pretty vicious shite at any rate