Sign in to follow this  
poby

What happens to child abuser in PH prison?

poby

A good friend of mine's 8yo daughter was sexually assaulted by the nanny's son. The boy is currently  in prison awaiting trial and the nanny quite rightly has been charged with something as well though she is out on bail.  Fortunately the boy had just turned 18 so presumably he will be staying in an adult prison.  In western countries people like that are in grave danger of being beaten up and killed by the other prisoners so they are generally sent to special prisons away from the general prison population.  Question I have is does Philippines have something similar or are they put in with the general inmates?

I'm hoping there is no special care taken to protect him from the other prisoners and the other prisoners will see him the same way they would in western countries.  The only justice in this case is the lad's death.  Anyone capable of doing that to an 8yo child is beyond rehabilitation or redemption.  Anyone capable of that depth of evil cannot be allowed to walk free ever again and I don't see why society has to foot the bill for a lifetime of feeding and housing him.

Being only 18, I'm hoping his ass will be prime fodder in prison until he is eventually killed.  There's a certain karmic justice in him being raped to death after what he did.

The poor child is understandably traumatised.  She is very quiet and when she does speak it's only to say she is sorry.  Somehow she feels guilty about what happened. Obviously there is no way she could have contributed to the assault or have any responsibility for it.  I know the child and she was a bright academic over achiever, not very social with others but a constant A student.  The mother is far from rich but the child goes to a private school, expenses fully paid by a scholarship.  She is getting counselling but I don't know how well that works or if it's just going to take time for her to recover, if she can ever recover.

There is no justice for these sort of criminals in countries like Australia with left wing activist judges always on the perp's side.  I'm hoping Philippines jurisprudence is vastly more severe and will keep the creep in prison until he dies.  Which hopefully might happen before he even gets to trial. Ideally after weeks of having his ass raped bloody.

Dafey
38 minutes ago, poby said:

In western countries people like that are in grave danger of being beaten up and killed by the other prisoners so they are generally sent to special prisons away from the general prison population

Not sure about the Phils but this statement may not always be true.

A larger than normal percentage of men in prison for violent crimes were sexually assaulted as youngsters. (is there a correlation?) These men take offense and reverse the game for child abusers sent to the general population. They are turned into prison whores and abused sexually in prison.

Edited by Dafey

spydoo
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

Not sure about the Phils but this statement may not always be true.

A larger than normal percentage of men in prison for violent crimes were sexually assaulted as youngsters. (is there a correlation?) ...

There's certainly correlation for those who abuse children having been abused themselves when they were children but I don't know about other prisoners. 

Davaoeno
5 hours ago, poby said:

A good friend of mine's 8yo daughter was sexually assaulted by the nanny's son. The boy is currently  in prison awaiting trial and the nanny quite rightly has been charged with something as well

sexual assault covers a wide range of things.  Not always rape.  Are you referring to the Australian or Phillipines definition of sexual assault ?

The nanny has been charged- quite rightly ? Why quite rightly ? What crime did she commit- you dont say .

I always find it interesting that people who get upset at sexual crimes want revenge as you say " Being only 18, I'm hoping his ass will be prime fodder in prison until he is eventually killed.  There's a certain karmic justice in him being raped to death after what he did "   . You present no evidence that the 18 year old was mentally capable of committing a crime nor that he was even aware that he committed a crime. Until i get such evidence i do not wish for the death of anyone. 

There is no justice for these sort of criminals in countries like Australia with left wing activist judges always on the perp'

Obviously you have a lot of bias regarding the justice system . I believe it  might tend to taint your judgment.

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2

poby

Indeed sexual assault covers a broad range of sins but in this case there was deliberate digital penetration of an 8 year old girl.  She is wounded physically and most profoundly mentally by the experience. There can be no mitigating circumstances.  As far as I am aware he is not mentally disabled but if he is, all the more reason to terminate him.

The nanny failed in her sole responsibility of taking care of the child, so to that extent she should be charged with something.  If you fail in performing the primary role of your job and someone is injured because of that, charges usually result.

1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Obviously you have a lot of bias regarding the justice system

Indeed I do.  Logical rational bias.   I think there is very little actual justice in the world and many are punished for things that should not be criminalised and even more are given absurdly light sentences for heinous crimes even with a rap sheet of 30 convictions.

I am a firm believer in the death penalty as I think that many criminals can not be rehabilitated.  If someone chooses to break the law then they must accept the consequences.  Capital punishment may not be a deterrent but for sure it reduces recidivism!

• Like 3

rep1
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

You present no evidence that the 18 year old was mentally capable of committing a crime nor that he was even aware that he committed a crime. Until i get such evidence i do not wish for the death of anyone.

If he's not aware or unable to recognize a crime as simple as that, why should we consider him human at all? He certainly can't function like one.

How do we deal with dangerous animals who threaten our lives? We kill them.

• Like 2

RickyL

I can sense the western softness on crime mentality coming out. Criminals rights etc. Throw the perp in with the other rapists, they can deter him from abusing children better than any judge.

In Canada, people in jail on a skin beef have to go into protective custody to "protect" them from the other inmates. Sentences are light and the justice system protects the abuser rather than the victim.

• Like 2

angbumabasa

Sexual abuse in the PI is NOT the same as the Western World. It happens all of the time and the PNP will not pursue anything without complaints. Since shame is always in the front of the family many do not complain. So the victim is left hanging. It happens all of the time. :-(:-(:-( I know this from our home B'rgy where it is well known but not discussed. 

I need to add this: so some poor boy of 12 whose dirt is packed, is shamed, and then becomes a bayut in order to deal with it, then his older brother literally beats the crap out of him every time the brother sees his little brother flirting. This started decades ago and continues to this day when both are in their thirties. And many more where this came from. 

Edited by angbumabasa
  • Like 1

RogerDuMond

The status of a prisoner in the Philippines is based on the crime that he has committed. Child molestation or rape places them at the bottom of the rung, but does not necessarily subject them to the type of retribution that they would receive in a western prison. Take Bilibid as an example, prisoners are not separated based on the crime they committed with the exception of drug pushers. They are separated into gangs based mainly on the location they came from. The gangs are mainly an economic enterprise. The gangs keep the peace inside the prison and are given some autonomy by the bureau of prisons. It is basically like the guards keep the inmates in, but the inmates are in charge of what happens inside. Each gang is run by a boss with mayors under him. I won't go into the full story, but the answer to the main question is that the gangs are more interested in what the inmate can contribute to the gang than retribution for his crime.

Goetz1965

Poby posted:
The nanny failed in her sole responsibility of taking care of the child, so to that extent she should be charged with something.  If you fail in performing the primary role of your job and someone is injured because of that, charges usually result.

Saying that you can easily bring 90% of all philippino partents to jail !

Edited by Goetz1965
deleted

Soarking
10 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

Poby posted:

Saying that you can easily bring 90% of all philippino partents to jail !

Like the caring and loving parents who send their 6 or 7 year old daughter out the middle of the road carrying her three month sister begging for money.   That is also child endangerment and child abuse.   And by giving them money, (that is tempting to do) you are not helping, but encouraging them to further endanger and abuse.

poby

The 18yo pervert got 25 years, his mother 10 years.  Sounds like it was one of them hang-em-high judges.  Damn good result.  Sounds like justice to me.  Commit a terrible crime, you deserve some terrible time! In Australia he would be more likely to get 25 months rather than years.  At least in the Philippines crime and punishment are taken seriously.

If he ever gets out alive, his youth will be well and truly gone.

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
On 7/3/2017 at 8:55 AM, Soarking said:

And by giving them money, (that is tempting to do) you are not helping, but encouraging them to further endanger and abuse.

It is also against the law to give them money.

RogerDat

That was quick.

poby
6 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

That was quick.

Yeah!  I was amazed how fast these things can be dealt with.  I suppose because in this case the defendants were poor, the facts were clear and undisputed, so there wasn't any reason for delay.  The victims mother hired a private attorney just to make sure justice, swift and terrible was done.

The perp's mother pleaded for clemency on the basis that she had young children to take care of.  This doesn't appear to have swayed the judge.  

There are many laws in every country I think are unjust.  But this crime deserved the harshest of punishments, and in the Philippines at least, that's what you get.