I guess it is something like this

It is SMARTBRO, As far as I know that system is not used any more

now there is LTE

Mounting the SmartBro wireless Internet antenna, Tigbauan, Iloilo

This is what PLDT/SMART use now, see below

ultera pldt.png

Woolf

This is what GLOBE use

modem-500x500.png&key=90d235e526835d27eba0f56f3fd126f677f983d7ee9b660f86f68bc1d81ddca1

33zbgao.jpg&key=19e7d563a81656b189dd48bc27c436bb80a1c53078d1f906b675d7aff0229e67

Jim Sibbick

I am still not understanding your set up but you said you have a dongle.

This is how the dongle worked for me on leyte.

The dongle has a sim card, load up the sim card using any person selling GLOBE load, plug the dongle into a USB connection on my desk top, run the Globe "text" programme. 

I used to do P50 for 24 hours. That is now P50 for 3 days. To tell GLOBE you want to use the internet for 3 days, text 

GoUNLI50

to 

You get a text message back confirming. You now have internet for 3 days. Check for other prepaid deals here

http://www.globe.com.ph/prepaid/?jsid=1499032473010

Goetz1965

You need an external LTE Antenna connected to the mast.
From that Antenna you need a cable to the Antenna on your TP-Link router - BUT theres a little difference between Antenna connectors !!!

Look this up https://www.telcoantennas.com.au/site/guide-antenna-cables-connectors

Male FMA and Male SME easy look the same but you will never get the signal if you choose the wrong connector.
So you must 1st look what Antenna connector your TP-Link has and buy the external Antenna cable with THAT connector.

PLUS - your TP-Link has Antennas but usually those deliver only the WIFI output and are not recommended for Signal input. So you have to check your technical manual or with TP-Link if your TP-Link antenna connectors are for INPUT too - if not it will never work !

So instead of wasting time to get your actual connection work - just buy the things you need new and install them - thats way easier than frickle it out.

Woolf

this is what he has

TP-Link Router TL-WR720N

Tp-link tl-wn725n WIFI dongle

What I do not know yet is what is at top the 10 meter mast

I guess that what ever is at top the mast connects to the wan port of the router

the dongle is connected to a desktop computer, so there is wifi connection to it from the router

wifi dongle.jpg

router 1.png

Edited by Woolf
13 minutes ago, Woolf said:

this is what he has

TP-Link Router TL-WR720N

Tp-link tl-wn725n WIFI dongle

What I do not know yet is what is at top the 10 meter mast

I guess that what ever is at top the mast connects to the wan port of the router

the dongle is connected to a desktop computer, so there is wifi connection to it from the router

wifi dongle.jpg

router 1.png

the connection worked before the globe contractor done a runner( [email protected]) all i need is a provider to give me a service  around 1499 a month the nearest globe agent is in maasin 1/1!2 drive

Woolf

I would still like to know what is at top that 10 meter mast

I have a feeling, maybe I am wrong

Could it be that this guy is redistributing his GLOBE internet connection

with long range WIFI, so that he has one connection to GLOBE that is used by many users

this way he can collect from many users and pay for only one connection to GLOBE

That could be illegal 

Here is a device that can be used in a system like that

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Power-CPE-3KM-Long-Distance-Wireless-Outdoor-AP-access-point-CPE-AP-Bridge-Client-Router/32454709489.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.1.fZvnF9

long range wifi.png

Edited by Woolf
6 hours ago, Woolf said:

I would still like to know what is at top that 10 meter mast

I have a feeling, maybe I am wrong

Could it be that this guy is redistributing his GLOBE internet connection

with long range WIFI, so that he has one connection to GLOBE that is used by many users

this way he can collect from many users and pay for only one connection to GLOBE

That could be illegal 

Here is a device that can be used in a system like that

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Power-CPE-3KM-Long-Distance-Wireless-Outdoor-AP-access-point-CPE-AP-Bridge-Client-Router/32454709489.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.1.fZvnF9

long range wifi.png

I HAVE MY SUSPICION YOU ARE SPOT ON have been to several shops and ask about a provider  and i tell them i had [email protected]  they do the same all look some where else  and dont want to to help or discuss anything try to get me out of their shops asap 

i am over 70 plus i am not going to climb a bloody tower to see wat is at  the top to tell everbody the facts my wife set this up i told the runct is a rip off scammer tried to acces my workshop  i run him off