Jump to content

bert

Recommended Posts

I HAVE A TOWER AND TP LINK MODEM NEW  I HAD A PROVIDER  DONE A RUNNER(beaver)  I LIVE IN SO LEYTE  SOGOD  IS THERE ANYONE WHO   CAN GIVE ME ADVISE HOW TO REBOOT THE CONNECTION TO GLOBE  ON A MONTHLY BASE  I AM USING PREPAID AT THE MOMENT FN WEAK AND SLOWER THAN A CARRIER PIGEION

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Please refrain from using "all caps" when you type.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim Sibbick

If you mean you have a globe dongle, the signal vary from one side of the house to the other. You could try seeking out the best location in your house first

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Sibbick said:

If you mean you have a globe dongle, the signal vary from one side of the house to the other. You could try seeking out the best location in your house first

i am using a dongle now what i need  is a provider i have a 30 foot tower allready wired up for wifi has the receptor all set to go  and a tp link modem all new /here there is no globe agent 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Goetz1965

I dont understand a word of what you ask for ... Sorry

You live in the province and your signal is low - thats the usual here.
But which signal provider ???
You say Globe - so whats with SMART or SUN in case of Internet speed - did you check their speeds ?

You have a 30foot tower - means you have a 10m mast for an antenna ?
If yes - where is the next GLOBE tower and how far away from you ?
What you then need is an active antenna that directs to the GLOBE mast - I just found this site to give you an idea what you should look for: http://www.3grouterstore.co.uk/3G/4G_Antennas.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf
5 hours ago, bert said:

i am using a dongle now what i need  is a provider i have a 30 foot tower allready wired up for wifi has the receptor all set to go  and a tp link modem all new /here there is no globe agent 

It is a bit hard to understand what all this is about

GLOBE does not deliver WIFI, but data over the cell phone network, same with SMART

What kind of dongle are you talking about , what brand model is it ?

TP-Link modem, do you mean router ? 

what model is it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf

Is it something like this that you are trying to setup ?

 

TP-Link usb modem.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Is it something like this that you are trying to setup ?

 

TP-Link usb modem.png

yes similar

Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf

What brand model is your USB modem ?

Model of your TP-Link router ?

Did you put the USB modem up a 10 meter mast with a USB extension cable ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Woolf said:

It is a bit hard to understand what all this is about

GLOBE does not deliver WIFI, but data over the cell phone network, same with SMART

What kind of dongle are you talking about , what brand model is it ?

TP-Link modem, do you mean router ? 

what model is it ?

150 mbps wireless router model number TL-WR720N

4 minutes ago, Woolf said:

What brand model is your USB modem ?

Model of your TP-Link router ?

Did you put the USB modem up a 10 meter mast with a USB extension cable ?

yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf

 

12 minutes ago, bert said:

150 mbps wireless router model number TL-WR720N

That router does not have a USB connector

To what equipment have you connected your USB dongle

and what brand model is the dongle

Edited by Woolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Woolf said:

 

That router does not have a USB connector

To what equipment have you connected your USB dongle

and what brand model is the dongle

it is a wireless connection the  system does not have a dongle, recepetor is on the mast wired to the to the router , the mast receptor has a power supply so does the tp link the tp sends signal to my pc which has wireless on board

Link to post
Share on other sites

on the back of the desktop there a 150 mbps wireless n nano usb adapter model no tl-wn725n

Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf

I guess that I now have an idea about your setup

Who provided the device on top the mast ?

1 hour ago, bert said:

it is a wireless connection the  system does not have a dongle, recepetor is on the mast wired to the to the router , the mast receptor has a power supply so does the tp link the tp sends signal to my pc which has wireless on board

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysRt
3 hours ago, bert said:

on the back of the desktop there a 150 mbps wireless n nano usb adapter model no tl-wn725n

Can you take pictures of your setup so we can figure out what you are trying to do?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...