Here's why the American flag is reversed on military uniforms

spydoo

It's called 'nationalism' and is something cultured by all countries who plan war. 

Intelligent people see through it and instead look at how their country is run and cast a mildly critical eye over its issues while supporting it in principle.

Paul

"... and the Americans take their flag very, very seriously."

You're damned right, pal. I would cut someone's ass over desecrating our flag. They can holler freedom of speech all they want. They may have freedom of speech, but I have freedom to kick them in the fucking ass, too. 

I know. Some people here will disagree with me. But, it's how I feel. Especially in our own homeland, do NOT desecrate our flag. Not if I am anywhere nearby, anyway. 

• Like 5
billy
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

"... and the Americans take their flag very, very seriously."

You're damned right, pal. I would cut someone's ass over desecrating our flag. They can holler freedom of speech all they want. They may have freedom of speech, but I have freedom to kick them in the fecking ass, too. 

I know. Some people here will disagree with me. But, it's how I feel. Especially in our own homeland, do NOT desecrate our flag. Not if I am anywhere nearby, anyway. 

Paul I agree with you 100% don't come to my country and disrespect my flag. I can remember Mexicans in California burning our flag that pissed me off. Can you imagine

• Like 3
Paul
Just now, billy said:

Paul I agree with you 100% don't come to my country and disrespect my flag. I can remember Mexicans in California burning our flag that pissed me off. Can you imagine

People walking on it, burning it, etc.? Nope. Not gonna happen if I am there. They won't be happy campers if they do it in my presence, for damned sure.

• Like 2
billy
Just now, Paul said:

People walking on it, burning it, etc.? Nope. Not gonna happen if I am there. They won't be happy campers if they do it in my presence, for damned sure.

Can you imagine me as an American burning the Filipino flag in the middle of the streets in Manila? I wouldn't make it home alive or even in Mexico. Total disrespect 

• Like 2
Paul

I never had the honor of serving our country. But, I would fight, and die for her as fast as anyone who has served. Too many have bled and died for that flag, for us to just sit by and let some wanker show disrespect for it. 

• Like 3
angbumabasa

I remember as a kid seeing my first Memorial Day parade (mid 40's) in the little city just outside Cincinnati. Cheviot. Vets in uniform. Riders on horses. Police and Fire vehicles. High School bands. And just people. Too many American Flags, all sizes, waving. too many to count. There was even flags hanging out from businesses. Don't see that anymore. Now it's just another holiday to some folks. :-(:-(:-(

• Like 1
lamoe
1 hour ago, spydoo said:

It's called 'nationalism' and is something cultured by all countries who plan war. 

Intelligent people see through it and instead look at how their country is run and cast a mildly critical eye over its issues while supporting it in principle.

Yes we do plan on war - look at how we got our asses kicked when we didn't.

My  I.Q. was clocked at 142 and I have laid my butt on the line for that flag - so how how high does it have to be to be "intelligent" in your view 

Not a damn thing wrong with nationalism - look at the alternative and what our last POS POTUS tried to do to us.

1 hour ago, billy said:

Can you imagine me as an American burning the Filipino flag in the middle of the streets in Manila? I wouldn't make it home alive or even in Mexico. Total disrespect 

14 minutes ago, angbumabasa said:

I remember as a kid seeing my first Memorial Day parade (mid 40's) in the little city just outside Cincinnati. Cheviot. Vets in uniform. Riders on horses. Police and Fire vehicles. High School bands. And just people. Too many American Flags, all sizes, waving. too many to count. There was even flags hanging out from businesses. Don't see that anymore. Now it's just another holiday to some folks. :-(:-(:-(

That's the way our Metro Central pros want it - if you believe in nothing  then you will not defend it.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2
spydoo
9 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Yes we do plan on war - look at how we got our asses kicked when we didn't....

Seems to me the times the US has gotten its ass kicked was when it made war. 

In Korea and Vietnam the US had reason to fight. Iraq and Afghanistan not so much. None of them have been fun for your country. That $2.4 trillion spent on wars this century would have been better off in your own pockets instead of having been spent on fireworks. And to what extent was the mistake of Iraq responsible for 9-11 which cost your country its principles and your people their freedom at the hands of your own government?

Of course, if you have personally profited from the war machine then I'm probably wasting my time telling you all this, right? 

Don't confuse standing up for your country with support for your government. Governments foster nationalism for the latter purpose, not for the former. 

• Like 1
Paul

Keep in mind, this forum is NOT in the Outlaw Forums. Let's not let this get out of hand. We are talking about national pride and the American Flag on military uniforms. 

Headshot
1 hour ago, spydoo said:

Seems to me the times the US has gotten its ass kicked was when it made war. 

In Korea and Vietnam the US had reason to fight. Iraq and Afghanistan not so much.

While I believe it was stupid to attack on the ground in Afghanistan, a dozen nuclear warheads dropped in precise locations (not all in Afghanistan) to wipe out those who planned and supported the 9/11 attack would have been quite appropriate. In Korea and Vietnam, the US government never really figured out (or fully supported) why we we there. If they had, they would have turned out differently.

The US NEVER gets its ass kicked when it is fully committed and has definite goals. When it goes in without clear and achievable goals and strategies, and only half supports its own forces, then it is asking for an eventual ass kicking. Unfortunately, we have done that too often. It is one of the dangers of bringing in amateurs to run the country (which is what we do every four years) and ignoring the professionals who know how to do it right. It is just one of the system weaknesses you have to accept if you want a democracy.

• Like 1