Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

Are there any submissive filipinas in the long term?

A_Simple_Man

I am prompted to start this topic due to some comments in @lamoe thread and particularly a comment @Paul said here:

59474a0e45f49_Pussywhipped.jpg.e92457892ef399ef9eb1578c325eabe2.jpg

I will ask @hyaku to join this discussion because when I say "Geoff" he will know exactly who I mean.

I am going to suggest that Geoff found and maintained a submissive wife for a decade or two.  (He has passed on now so will not be able to add to this discussion and I don't remember exactly how long they were together but I think it was about 20 years.)  What I noticed was that his wife was submissive to Geoff in all things.  She would argue with him but always submit to his authority.  He would have it no other way.  So I am suggesting there are submissive filipinas. Geoff did not pick the most popular girl in the bar to marry.  Those were the kind of girls he would take home for fun.  Yes, take home, even though he had a wife, because he taught her to understand his needs and accept that it will be this way.  The many years they were together showed that it works for some (very few) people but here is the problem.  Once Geoff passed on, his wife seemed unable to take responsibility for her own life. Being under his thumb for years meant that with him gone she did not know what to do and I hear she is now a shadow of her former self.  She used to carry his ashes everywhere she went and "ask him" what to do.

So I suggest that it may not be the best course of action to find a submissive filipina and we should count our blessings when they learn from us so that when we are gone we have the good feeling of knowing we helped them rather than held them back. I like to find a submissive partner and teach her to be the dominant one.  Unfortunately it means I, or they. move on and I have to start again with another, but its the journey that I enjoy rather than the destination.  But that's just one man's opinion so  lets hear some others.

• Like 5

poby

What exactly is "submissive" in this context?  I've been shacked up with Mrs for over 8 years and from the start until now, I make all the decisions in regard to money, where we go, when we go, what we watch etc.  But I wouldn't call her submissive.  She simply accepts I'm the captain of the ship and is happy to let me make the decisions.  Is that submissive?  If not, what exactly is submissive in practical terms?

USMC-Retired
1 minute ago, poby said:

What exactly is "submissive" in this context?  

Carrying around his ashes asking for advice.  If not submissive then it is plain out crazy.

• Like 3

Paul

In my case, I will not lie. I'm almost on the verge of being a control freak. Not nearly as bad as in the past, though, by proof of a 4 years relationship - my longest continuous relationship in many years. Longer than two of my three marriages, as well. 

But, even with me being the prick that I am - often making the point of how difficult a person I am to live with, I wouldn't want Chan to not know how to run her own life. I do not want her to be able to make decisions for herself after I am gone. But, I do want her to listen to me. I do not wish to argue over things, small or large. 

In most cases, she will do as I ask, without question. However, she sometimes will ask to input her advice. I ALWAYS listen to that, prior to making a final decision. I also find that I OFTEN take her advice. She has proven to be a great adviser. She also knows that, if we piss away money, that affects her, just as saving money affects her as well. So, she certainly isn't in the habit of offering shitty / bad advice. She also understands that, everything I am doing is for her future, much more so than mine. I want her to be self-sustaining and not having to depend on another man ever, after I am gone. If she wishes, though, I want that to be HER choice, not her ONLY option.

So, while I want a wife who listens to me, I do not wish to have one who will blindly follow me always, without asking questions and offering her view on things. This especially applies, since she has the record of doing so in the past. 

With that said, she is also a bit older than most women I have dated. 35. In the past, I have found myself with 18+ aged women, who were not so worldly and did not have the experience she has to offer a relationship. Typically, they had to look to me for just about every decision in their lives. 

What is it I have always said? You can't have two Captains of a ship, two Presidents of a nation, or two Kings of a kingdom. Someone MUST make the final decisions, when necessary.

• Like 4

Paul

Now, guys who are pussy-whipped. They are sad cases. There are some on this very forum, that I know for a fact. If they choose to live their lives that way, so be it. For me, not going to happen - EVER. Guys need to get control of their relationships, rather than letting their wives lead them around by their ball sack. If you aren't going to use them, fellas, cut the feckers off, for Pete's sake! 

• Like 2

Salty Dog
24 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm almost on the verge of being a control freak.

Daaaaa....:P

• Like 1

Soarking
1 hour ago, Paul said:

In my case, I will not lie. I'm almost on the verge of being a control freak. 

But, even with me being the prick that I am

YOU,,, a control freak????   Being a prick????

For those of us who haven't had the great pleasure of actually meeting the man behind the curtain,  the almighty leader of LinC, do you know you just ruined our image of you?

We all thought you were this BIG lovable Teddy Bear.

(Excuse me,,,, I need to go throw up).

seriously,     this is a great form...

• Like 2

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Soarking said:

For those of us who haven't had the great pleasure of actually meeting the man behind the curtain,  the almighty leader of LinC, do you know you just ruined our image of you?

I haven't met @Paul either, but I did talk to him on the phone. I think I was expecting this big powerful voice. Imagine my surprise when he sounded totally normal...:P

Goetz1965

Usually most girls are submissive in the philippines - until they notice they are with a submissive guy - then they easily change into the dominating role - as they notice then - that they have to run the household to survive !

• Like 3

Richard K

I too have been married 3 times.. first was very young.. and my father was a total controller. I thought that was the way... turned out my first wife didn't. After that I spent alot of years alone and just surfed what waves I could find to ride for a while. long story short is my girl and I pretty much discuss whatever is in the works but I am the one who makes the final call. She is (for the most part) open with her ideas and advise and it is usually pretty good. There is no question that being with me has made her life better and also no question in my mind being with her has done the same for me. Neither of us is with the other from "need" but by choice. I guess by American standards she would be considered "submissive" but I have had a belly full of American women over my life time and grateful to be out of it.

• Like 2

Paul
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

I haven't met @Paul either, but I did talk to him on the phone. I think I was expecting this big powerful voice. Imagine my surprise when he sounded totally normal...:P

oz.jpg

• Like 4

hyaku
5 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I am prompted to start this topic due to some comments in @lamoe thread and particularly a comment @Paul said here:

59474a0e45f49_Pussywhipped.jpg.e92457892ef399ef9eb1578c325eabe2.jpg

I will ask @hyaku to join this discussion because when I say "Geoff" he will know exactly who I mean.

I am going to suggest that Geoff found and maintained a submissive wife for a decade or two.  (He has passed on now so will not be able to add to this discussion and I don't remember exactly how long they were together but I think it was about 20 years.)  What I noticed was that his wife was submissive to Geoff in all things.  She would argue with him but always submit to his authority.  He would have it no other way.  So I am suggesting there are submissive filipinas. Geoff did not pick the most popular girl in the bar to marry.  Those were the kind of girls he would take home for fun.  Yes, take home, even though he had a wife, because he taught her to understand his needs and accept that it will be this way.  The many years they were together showed that it works for some (very few) people but here is the problem.  Once Geoff passed on, his wife seemed unable to take responsibility for her own life. Being under his thumb for years meant that with him gone she did not know what to do and I hear she is now a shadow of her former self.  She used to carry his ashes everywhere she went and "ask him" what to do.

So I suggest that it may not be the best course of action to find a submissive filipina and we should count our blessings when they learn from us so that when we are gone we have the good feeling of knowing we helped them rather than held them back. I like to find a submissive partner and teach her to be the dominant one.  Unfortunately it means I, or they. move on and I have to start again with another, but its the journey that I enjoy rather than the destination.  But that's just one man's opinion so  lets hear some others.

It was a rather unique situation as Geoff's wife never went to school and could not read or write.  I know she went to language school for while in Australia but I suspect her skills are still very low. Maybe she is dyslexic? Has a phone but just for talking. She is one of these people that seems rather incapable of coping on her own.

He did the right thing by her by taking her to Australia and marrying her but It dropped her in the shit when he died just before pensionable age.

She relies on others and of course, the family has just leeched off her. She did tell me she put the millions she made on the house in long term time deposit as there is no pension here in the Philippines.

I would have said Geoff was a bit of a control freak and she let him do his thing to keep the peace.

I seem to have hit it off on a strong mutual respect basis. We both realize we should hold on to that and also respect each others values and abilities. 

• Like 2

lamoe

As I've said my concept of submissive which seems to have started this thread has changed.

As little bit of Paul, little bit of some others - mostly Lamoe shedding his if it makes her  happy stance

Examples - we went shopping tonight for bed things - when just me  what came with the rental was good enough - she didn't like the state of the sheets/ pillow cases - I admit even though I had washed them still  piss poor shape - she asked if I could  please  buy new ones.

Things like this are really important to ladies so said yes.

Off to Metro linen dept - she starts looking at the 250 P sheet sets.  I said no - she said but cheaper - I said my money I decide what quality.- on sale best quality - 7,500 P -  complete set w/ pad and cases for the extra 2 extra

Taxi home with all that stuff and more - driver was pulling the let's extend the fare for the foreigner - long route - no short cuts - she noticed I wasn't saying anything but wasn't pleased and taped me on the leg to say stop - when we got home I told her to never correct me again.

"But not good for you  to get mad"

If I want to get mad I will - so never do that again.

"Yes dear I promise"

Had a discussion, me doing most of the talking,  about what I expected from her and what she could expect from me.

If I'd had the same 50 years ago might have been single 49 years ago:dance2:

• Like 2

to_dave007
19 hours ago, Paul said:

... I'm ... on the verge of being a control freak... 

... with me being the prick that I am...

... making the point of how difficult a person I am to live with...

Lets book mark this part.

• Like 1