Sign in to follow this  
hyaku

Lenovo android system re-install.

hyaku

Bought a decent Lenovo 32gig octacore a while back from Lazada. It's jam packed with Chinese invasive apps and software such as Baidu and a terrible weather app. Built into the phone so that every time you log on to the net it downloads invasive software. It is now locking YouTube and we have to keep going back to factory setting.  Kaspersy of course suggest you delete this rubbish.

Can someone recommend a decent shop that can reinstall a basic android version 5 on the phone?

Woolf
Woolf

I would go to lenovo at SM City, SM Seaside or Ayala and ask

bargeman
12 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I would go to lenovo at SM City, SM Seaside or Ayala and ask

Not one in Ayala now, it moved to SM City.

• Like 1

hyaku

I checked out the internet links. Just retail and no service centers. I guess I have to go to one and ask which service center they employ.

I was just hoping someone on the forum might know a good service center. As long as it's version 5 I guess it won't matter if the Lenovo logo does not show up on start up.

fivestarph

If you are going to delete and re install an Android operating system one may as well go the whole hog and install Android 7 which is the latest.

I am trying to upgrade my Android 4 system and if I succeed I will tell you how or who can do it.

• Like 2

Woolf

Just found this, as I had a problem with a lenovo tablet

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/

you can find warranty, service centers and much more

Headshot

The Lenovo dealer at SM City Cebu directed me to MSI (behind the Jollibee near S&R) for repairs. I take it that MSI must be an authorized service center.

fivestarph
On 6/17/2017 at 8:25 AM, fivestarph said:

If you are going to delete and re install an Android operating system one may as well go the whole hog and install Android 7 which is the latest.

I am trying to upgrade my Android 4 system and if I succeed I will tell you how or who can do it.

I don't seem to have had much luck in doing it myself so far.

Just as well its a cheapie Cherry Mobile..