Sign in to follow this  
samatm

Gun Range

samatm

I'm wanting to take my son out for a shooting experience.   Can anyone recommend a good Cebu gun range that has side arms and rifles available and is safely run and managed.   I don't have much experience around guns either and need a place that gives good instruction.   Any first hand experience would be appreciated.  

Aerosick

In the basement of Crown Regency Hotel on Jones Ave near the Fuente Circle there's an indoor range with instructors. They charge by the rounds of what you want to shoot the targets with.

They have 9 shooting bays that go up to25 meters.

http://www.ultimasharpshooters.com/

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Is anyone here a member with ultimasharpshooter and could let me join as a guest for the first tries ?

• Like 1

musingloudly

I personally would not recommend Club Ultima, their folks are not hands on and do I have personally observed twice on occassion that in most cases they do not teach you basics. 

I would recommend Armscor instead which is in Jakosalem Street. They are cheaper than Ultima too. You can choose from several 9mm's, 45 and a shotgun. PM me if you have questions. If you plan to go there on a sat afternoon, say.. between 1-3, I can hook you up. Else, pm me when you plan to go so I can call a friend who will take care of you there.

Addendum: Ultima does have a better selection of guns!

Edited by musingloudly
  • Like 1

samatm
8 hours ago, Aerosick said:

In the basement of Crown Regency Hotel on Jones Ave near the Fuente Circle there's an indoor range with instructors. They charge by the rounds of what you want to shoot the targets with.

They have 9 shooting bays that go up to25 meters.

http://www.ultimasharpshooters.com/

Thank you.. I had no idea there was a gun range there and I have visited that building on many occasions. :) 

8 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Is anyone here a member with ultimasharpshooter and could let me join as a guest for the first tries ?

Ditto here.

7 hours ago, musingloudly said:

I personally would not recommend Club Ultima, their folks are not hands on and do I have personally observed twice on occassion that in most cases they do not teach you basics. 

I would recommend Armscor instead which is in Jakosalem Street. They are cheaper than Ultima too. You can choose from several 9mm's, 45 and a shotgun. PM me if you have questions. If you plan to go there on a sat afternoon, say.. between 1-3, I can hook you up. Else, pm me when you plan to go so I can call a friend who will take care of you there.

Addendum: Ultima does have a better selection of guns!

Thank you for that info!   I was Not familiar with Armscor either until now.    I appreciate the offer..   :)       Do you need to have any ID to shoot at a local Gun Range?    Has anyone tried  any of the Mactan outdoor ranges ? 

Edited by samatm

musingloudly

For both Club Ultima and Armscor, they will need to see paperwork if you plan to bring a firearm in their premises and shoot (Minimum is an LTOPF or License to own and purchase firearm, and a PTCFOR or a permit to carry a firearm). If you plan to just use their in house guns, just ordinary ID will do but I've also seen them just take walk ins without verification. 

Sorry, Outside of Armscor, I often shoot only in Camp Lapulapu in Lahug because Mactan is just a bit out of the way for me. 

• Like 2

musingloudly
9 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Both Club Ultima and Armscor will accept walk-ins without the need for membership. Membership will bring perks such as lower costs for range fees etc. Club Ultima membership significantly priced as opposed to Armscor. To Qualify for membership in Armscor, you need to have an LTOPF. Not sure for requirements in Club Ultima

• Like 2

davedude

I rented a fully automatic M16 rifle at Ultima once. Just walked in. It has been a few years since then.

Rental firearms are a great way to check out what works and what doesn't.

I was not aware Armscorp had a range in Cebu, good to know.

Goetz1965

Camp Lapu Lapu would be just around the corner for me - how can one shoot there ? 

musingloudly

You can inquire from Kamagong Gun Club which oversees the firing range within Camp LapuLapu. Once entering the camp, turn left on the 3rd corner (leading to the hospital) and follow the road going up. 

If you have the appropriate licenses and paper work (I've heard they check often, although in the many times I've been there, they have never asked for paperwork), all you need to do is register in the logbook, pay the range fee and shoot away... 

These days however, I am unsure because the camp is on red alert.

I've heard of arrangements also where you contract a person who has all the licenses and you can use their firearms. 

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Ok, was to Armscor now so I can tell a bit - as they have no pricelist online I hope its ok if I tell here.

Walk-In fee per person is 2.500php
- includes 50rounds 9mm/.45 and such - and 25rounds shotgun - plus some other things I forgot.

So I decided to become member - Membership fee ist 5.000php per year and you can bring in 1 guest for free
You then only have to pay the rounds you wish to fire.
You need a valid ID ( I gave them also my ACR-i card), one  2x2 colour picture, one 1x1 picture and they want an NBI clearance.
Payment is in cash but if you want to pay with card its possible but they charge you 5% extra.

So I sigbed the contract and was ready to go with my gf as my guest - I just need to bring the 1x1 foto and NBI papers anytime I go there in next.

They charge 12php per round so we took 50 rounds at 600php 
I forgot to ask what I usually do (joking) if they have a "Buy one Take One" offer - hahaha

They charge extra for the target paper which is just a piece of carton - its at 50php per piece as far I remember it correct.

We shot 3 different 9mm handguns - they told me that actually they have no riffles - hm lets see in the future.

Shooting range is ok - simple fillipino style I would say but functional.
Safty glasses and ear protection is provided and was free.
Basic safty instructions - hm was handled philippino style - but the instructor handled loading the magazines and was always at our side so I felt safe.

We shot on just 4m distance - but at least after 50 rounds ... that guy would be dead - hahaha

• Like 3

samatm

WE tried the new Gun Range at APM Market across SM Cebu City.    Wow .  The place is beautiful and very well equipped.    My Son had a blast with  a 12ga Shotgun.  His first time to shoot and was not prepared for the kick.  LOL loved it.  Great times.     The place is very professional and well run.   it cust us 3000 Pesos for 2 people  and 30 rounds.   (i didnt say it was cheap) .   Not sure if they have a membership.     

Armscor at the time was not operating ..still waiting on licencing papers etc..  

Goetz1965

Went to aPM mall to check it out.
So if you go out of SM City and cross the road to aPM Mall turn left and enter the small road - the gun range is really at the end of that road then - in the back or behind the aPM mall.

Prices are ok.
Foreigners aren't allowed membership BUT your natife bf/gf can get membership and then he/she can bring you in as guest. Only a valif ID is needed, no NBI clearance.
I attach prices as pictures - I just didn't ask how much a round will cost then as a member.

They do have a range of guns and rifles available - but sure you need to check that when visiting.

IMG_9187.JPG

IMG_9188.JPG

IMG_9189.JPG

IMG_9190.jpg

• Thanks 1

RR3

Snipers in demand? Who shot this mayor from 1km distance? A pro?

savarity

The Walther P22 would be a good choice for some fun plinking. Suppressed would be easy on the ears. A fun little target pistol.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk