Anyone used TNT shipping?

SkyMan

I'm getting some solar panels and microinverters from China.  It was all supposed to shipped in one box DHL but that put it over 100KG, so they made 2 boxes.  The microinverters are being shipped TNT.  I went to their website to check tracking and I wasn't expecting to see anything because it shipped Friday.  Wow, was I wrong.  There are 16 lines in the tracking list already.  The first 4 in Hefei, China, then 3 at Pudong airport with the last one departing.  The next 2 lines are interesting.  Saturday morning...Pre-arrival clearance process started, then Customs clearance in process - both of those in Manila before the package even arrives.  3 of the next 4 are processing through HKG but the 4th is Customs released in Manila Saturday night. Then it arrived in Manila Sunday night.  Latest is that it is in south Manila now, wherever that is.  

I wish more shippers could figure out how to track this well and this fast.  It wouldn't be that hard. I have a BBBox on the way that left over 3 weeks ago and there's nothing on the tracker.

• Like 1
samatm

wow thats great... I had something shipped for Cheap  from China .. cant remember the name of the shipper but it sent via TNT and the tracking was great .. however they sent it to  Amsterdam First.. and then to Manila.. and then NO More Tracking ..Nada. and I was in black hole for about 3 weeks before the package arrived... in CEBU and I got a note telling me claim at customs. 

Good luck.  let us know how it turns out. 

Ozepete
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I'm getting some solar panels and microinverters from China.  It was all supposed to shipped in one box DHL but that put it over 100KG, so they made 2 boxes.  The microinverters are being shipped TNT.  I went to their website to check tracking and I wasn't expecting to see anything because it shipped Friday.  Wow, was I wrong.  There are 16 lines in the tracking list already.  The first 4 in Hefei, China, then 3 at Pudong airport with the last one departing.  The next 2 lines are interesting.  Saturday morning...Pre-arrival clearance process started, then Customs clearance in process - both of those in Manila before the package even arrives.  3 of the next 4 are processing through HKG but the 4th is Customs released in Manila Saturday night. Then it arrived in Manila Sunday night.  Latest is that it is in south Manila now, wherever that is.  

I wish more shippers could figure out how to track this well and this fast.  It wouldn't be that hard. I have a BBBox on the way that left over 3 weeks ago and there's nothing on the tracker.

We use TNT for all local and international shipping. They are the best at this time specially their tracking but the Phils is about the worst country we ship to. A few years ago we were using DHL for some dispatches but somehow they had a big bust up with the Phils authorities and virtually stopped everything! It's the Manilla to Muaaaah bit that can get messy so good luck with them. For what it's worth we ask our clients to give us a Pinoy name to ship to and that seems to help. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
SkyMan
On 6/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, Ozepete said:

It's the Manilla to Muaaaah bit that can get messy so good luck with them.

Well yeah, that had me scared.  The tracking went great until it got to Manila, and then there was something about it going to South Manila at their nearest facility.  I don't know where South Manila is but 's not near Cebu.  Then it said, "Delivery by mail. Delivery confirmation unavailable"  Delivery by mail?  Philpost?  OMG!!!

So the next day it showed up LBC.  Nice.

The panels, however, came DHL and I got hit with $115 customs after specifically asking the vendor if the shipping was all-in to the door with no other fees and I specifically asked about RP customs.  "No sir, no other fees."  &*$%@&*@!!

• Like 1
cogon88

Theres two divisions of the port in Manila ( North and South ) must have been referring to South Port