• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• aiden9991

• Headshot

• sugbu777

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd buy a bike. I've been driving a stick so long that it isn't something I even think about.  Brain says Go forward and it happens.  

Some variants of the Toyota Fortuner also have drum brakes at the rear

Well HELL, I'm glad I customised my Motorbike into 2 wheel drive. A 4 wheel drive vehicle is 'designed' for off road use.  A tractor is 'designed' for field work.  Now lets see, 2 wheel drive for

Posted Images

Headshot
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Same here.  Could not find the Spin.  I was surprised to see they do have the Camaro SS but only A/T and almost twice the US price.  Probably more than twice if you add the excise tax.

Amazing. It does appear that they have discontinued the Spin. The closest thing to it is the Orlando, which is slightly longer, and is priced at 1,238,888p. It also has a slightly larger engine, and it uses a bit more gas. Too bad. The Spin is a nice car.

davedude

Can't offer any pro or con on the OP's vehicle consideration but if it is not 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive I would not buy it.

Not my intention to offend anyone for their choices but IMHO 2wd vehicles are junk.

samatm
16 hours ago, sugbu777 said:

Anyone familiar with Mahindra vehicles? Quality, dependability etc.

This is an interesting vehicle:

https://www.autodeal.com.ph/cars/mahindra/enforcer/double-cab-4x2-elite

Mahindra got its start when they won the license to build the Willys JEEP in INDIA.   so they gained a lot of Technical transfer knowledge and grew into solid Auto company.    Recently in the Philippines they sale low priced  but quality vehicles. Its no wonder the enforcer looks like JEEP front is it?   I  was impressed with the Xylo SUV http://www.mahindra.ph/xylo  and was tempted to get one as it was really spacious inside ..had Captains chair seating in Leather.. and was very economical Diesel.      I was thinking of getting it to run as an Uber vehicle but CEBU ran into UBER/GRab  issues and  UBER/GRaB have not yet added a larger vehicle option for CEBU.     Nice Car.  Two of my Friends have purchased them and love them.  For the money you get a lot of Vehicle.     

Edited by samatm
sugbu777
3 hours ago, samatm said:

Mahindra got its start when they won the license to build the Willys JEEP in INDIA.   so they gained a lot of Technical transfer knowledge and grew into solid Auto company.    Recently in the Philippines they sale low priced  but quality vehicles. Its no wonder the enforcer looks like JEEP front is it?   I  was impressed with the Xylo SUV http://www.mahindra.ph/xylo  and was tempted to get one as it was really spacious inside ..had Captains chair seating in Leather.. and was very economical Diesel.      I was thinking of getting it to run as an Uber vehicle but CEBU ran into UBER/GRab  issues and  UBER/GRaB have not yet added a larger vehicle option for CEBU.     Nice Car.  Two of my Friends have purchased them and love them.  For the money you get a lot of Vehicle.     

thanks for the info. much appreciated

Davaoeno
7 hours ago, davedude said:

Can't offer any pro or con on the OP's vehicle consideration but if it is not 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive I would not buy it.

Not my intention to offend anyone for their choices but IMHO 2wd vehicles are junk.

so in your opinion the Adventure the OP is considering buying is " junk " ?  Can I ask how many Adventures you have owned [ on which your opinion is based] ?

SkyMan
35 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

so in your opinion the Adventure the OP is considering buying is " junk " ?  Can I ask how many Adventures you have owned [ on which your opinion is based] ?

He probably likes to go off road so he wouldn't buy a 4X2.  Of course, it doesn't sound like the OP is looking for an off-road vehicle so he wouldn't buy a 4X4.

Edited by SkyMan
davedude
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

With respect, yes it is junk. Anything 2wd is junk IMHO. Useless in some of the conditions encountered when traveling is less than ideal . Why limit your ability to travel???

Edited by davedude
SkyMan
2 hours ago, cogon88 said:

Here is an article on the tax increases on vehicles that is going into effect 

The complete article can be viewed at http://www.philstar.com/motoring/2017/02/22/1674436/how-prices-your-favorite-cars-will-go-new-excise-tax

a2_car-prices.jpg

That chart must be under the original proposed hike and the chart is misleading as well.  For example, the p20M car would now pay p11.25M excise tax so the current cost would be p31.25M.  The latest proposed tax when fully implemented in 2019 would be p42.1M for a total cost of about p62M or double.

billy
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

That chart must be under the original proposed hike and the chart is misleading as well.  For example, the p20M car would now pay p11.25M excise tax so the current cost would be p31.25M.  The latest proposed tax when fully implemented in 2019 would be p42.1M for a total cost of about p62M or double.

I'm glad you pointed that out so I'll still be in the market for my ferrari

• Like 1
SkyMan
3 hours ago, billy said:

I'm glad you pointed that out so I'll still be in the market for my ferrari

I picture you more in a Bentley.  

Was just using the bottom line to show the error of the chart.  I suppose I could have used the Hyundai Eon at p508K with current ET of p10.2K and in 2019 p20.4K an increase of about 10K from today, not 20K the chart implies.

One note though, Pickup trucks, cab chassis, and cement mixers are exempt.  You could get a cab-chassis and have a pretty nice box cab with nice seating built for it and have a decent SUV for a lot less money.

Edited by SkyMan
govoner

something seems seriously out of wack when a car costs as much as a house or a condo , looking at the new proposed price of a Toyota Fortuner at 3.3 mill

Skywalker
4 hours ago, davedude said:

Anything 2wd is junk IMHO.

Well HELL, I'm glad I customised my Motorbike into 2 wheel drive.

A 4 wheel drive vehicle is 'designed' for off road use.  A tractor is 'designed' for field work.  Now lets see, 2 wheel drive for the roads - yeah pretty adequate I'd say. I have a 4 wheel drive Fortuner, which I have taken off road, though never had to use 4 wheel drive, we ain't exactly climbing mountains here!

• Like 2
bargeman
7 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I picture you more in a Bentley.  

Was just using the bottom line to show the error of the chart.  I suppose I could have used the Hyundai Eon at p508K with current ET of p10.2K and in 2019 p20.4K an increase of about 10K from today, not 20K the chart implies.

One note though, Pickup trucks, cab chassis, and cement mixers are exempt.  You could get a cab-chassis and have a pretty nice box cab with nice seating built for it and have a decent SUV for a lot less money.

I do't think the wife would be too happy going to the Mall driving a cement mixer. :cool: