LinC guide to stopping the terrorists in Philippines

davedude

Back on topic, segregation is going to be the only solution until Islam decides to modernize. Karl Denninger (The Market Ticker blog) has a good writeup on it recently. I share his view.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232103

Islam in it's current form is NOT COMPATIBLE with any other system.

In addition to the ten percent of any group of Muslims who believe the Quran needs to be taken literally there will always be the moderate Muslims who suddenly decide to follow the letter of the Quran and start killing infidels. Guaranteed 100 percent to happen.

• Like 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davedude

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• Jim_in_Jax

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A shift to federalism would be beneficial to defeating terrorism. In a country that is made up of literally thousands of islands and contains dozens of individual nations within its borders, it's the

You want to end the Islamic Extremist problem around the world? Nuke Saudi Arabia, and the root of the problem disappears. All of the money and motivation for this movement comes from Saudi Arabia. It

This thread is my attempt to query our members for real solutions to the rising threat of foreign ISIS operatives coming into the country we love. We have a large number of members with war-fighting e

Posted Images

spydoo
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

OK oh wise one- please enlighten me . Exactly when previously was " the sand turned into glass " ??  Since that is what Bill was talking about

Did you not notice the underlined part of my post was a link? I'll put them in a different color from now on. It referred to the underlying aspect of genocide rather than the technique.

If you did notice it, then to think my reply irrelevant would be like saying it's not appropriate to discuss our opinion of beauty in a post about the Mona Lisa because it's about paint application. The underlying purpose is more relevant than the technique. 

• Like 1
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, spydoo said:

Did you not notice the underlined part of my post was a link?

No I didnt actually.  Am I supposed to assume that everytime someone underlines something its a link ??

And if you want to discuss underlying purpose being more relevant than technique why not just say so ??     Then I wont think your comment is a bit shall we say "lame" .      Please- be brave and stand up and say what you actually  mean !! 

hyaku
21 hours ago, Headshot said:

The problem is that Islamic radicalization and terrorism is NOT a national problem. It is an international problem, and the solution must be international. Thinking small will not get you anywhere when dealing with terrorism. The Philippines is just one battlefield in a larger war. World War 3 has already started. Most people just don't realize it.

And it seems they also have reasonable finances to continue, even in the poorest country.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/06/06/Marawi-crisis-cash-checks.html

Headshot
1 hour ago, hyaku said:

And it seems they also have reasonable finances to continue, even in the poorest country.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/06/06/Marawi-crisis-cash-checks.html

Of course they do. Most of that cash comes from Saudi Arabia and the other Middle Eastern countries, but every Muslim has the obligation to support Jihad in any way they can. Seemingly moderate Muslims often send checks to support radical Islamists in their Jihad. You cannot separate the "good" from the "bad" with Muslims. Liberal Muslims (who speak out against Jihad) are dead Muslims.

• Like 3
Soupeod
21 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

And your answer is that the Philippines should get the USAF to capet bomb the Philippines ??     You might want to put a bit more effort into your answer 

Thanks for putting words in my mouth you know I did not say that.   I am not like everyone else who sits back to educate you... you full well know who precision munitions work in this day and age.  Please come back with an intelligent reply. Thx.

RogerDat

The US has been bombing all over the world since they got an Air Force. are things any better for it, excepting the world wars.

I say let the local goverment fight the terrorist in their country, that's why they get paid.

I put in 20 years active, and 10 inactive, so have done my share I think. I will not "go" anywhere to attack anyone, but if they come to me, I will see what I can do. Wine bottles and gas is all I have, but since they don't use tanks here, I am not very expectant on success. LOL

• Like 1
ugly american

I just think it is a shame that we are even discussing killing and quarantining an entire religion. 

It is a pity that the 10% of muslims that are good people are having this ruined by the 90% that are trying to kill me, overthrow governments world wide, and taking away our BEER. 

This may become serious soon.

We may have to send our women and children to war (I would go but after I did my 6 they told me that the others ad to go first).  I will guard the beer though, and if pressed to service volunteer for one of the rape and pillage platoons.

AIRBORNE 

spydoo
21 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

No I didnt actually.  Am I supposed to assume that everytime someone underlines something its a link ??

And if you want to discuss underlying purpose being more relevant than technique why not just say so ??    ...

Sorry, I'll try to explain everything slowly and clearly so you can follow along with the rest of us. By the way, your link doesn't seem to be working. :P

• Like 1
Soupeod

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/902382/duterte-afp-can-rain-bombs-on-marawi-but-were-limiting-collateral-damage

Duterte: AFP can rain bombs on Marawi but we’re limiting collateral damage

Inquirer Mindanao / 11:15 PM June 03, 2017
Fire after Marawi airstrikes

Fire rages at several houses following airstrikes on Saturday, May 27, 2017 by Philippine Air Force fighters to retake control of Marawi City from Muslim militants who had been laying siege on the city since May 23, 2017. (Photo by BULLIT MARQUEZ / AP)

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — President Rodrigo Duterte said on Saturday he could end the conflict in Marawi City in a day by ordering the military to go all out. But fear of inflicting more damage and killing civilians prevented him from doing so.

“I can end this war in 24 hours,” he said. “All I have to do is bomb the whole place and level it to the ground.”

But since the Philippines is a member of the United Nations and a signatory to the Geneva Convention, he said the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) simply could not do that.

Duterte said the conflict had dragged for days now because the military had been trying to inflict maximum damage to the enemy while avoiding collateral damage, especially to civilians.

Earlier, on Friday, during his speech before troops in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay, Duterte also said his administration had been dealing with the Maute Group in a civilized way.

“That is always the problem, because if we were terrorists, these problems can be easily solved,” he said. “Just rain bombs on them. It will be over in one day. I have 10 jet planes now.”

But early on, Duterte had said: “We fight, [we use] the civilized way of dealing with the problem. But there is always a limit to that.”

He warned that, if he can could longer take it “we will raise the fighting one bar higher.”

He did not say how this would be but added: “We value human rights.”

Earlier, Brig. Gen. Restituto Padilla, AFP spokesperson, said the military had been applying “commensurate military power on these existing threats and pockets of resistance” – and would continue to do so, including launching airstrikes. /atm

Soupeod
On 6/6/2017 at 3:36 PM, ugly american said:

I just think it is a shame that we are even discussing killing and quarantining an entire religion. 

I sure an hell wasn't talking about a religion, I was talking about bombing terrorists in the city. 

Edited by Salty Dog
Fixed Quote
Tullioz
3 hours ago, soupeod said:

Duterte: AFP can rain bombs on Marawi but we’re limiting collateral damage

Meanwhile in Marawi. 

mar1.jpg.c4700940121d1df295d54502d1cc070f.jpg5938f76dd6893_mar4-Copy.jpg.cb70043cf524e930fa8cf1223a5f253f.jpgmar5.jpg.7aa8567a894509f93a9e2f36cf6ed942.jpgmar8.jpg.dd86b0ef78d940f960506883810ebc24.jpgmar9.jpg.e9304333808715cfef34f9375065308e.jpgmar10.jpg.9d98c5eb43ec435401f8db25191d4b75.jpgmar11.jpg.0dac447fc7656e1f5eac6a7e97fdfe6e.jpgmar12.jpg.82483f2002d714f586d7defb4dc4de2e.jpgmar14.jpg.54fa80b97bf093c7c765d00aa7965d0e.jpg

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 5
rep1

On 6/7/2017 at 3:36 AM, ugly american said:

Obliteration of enemies is exactly how we survived.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2017 at 9:09 AM, davedude said:

Back on topic, segregation is going to be the only solution until Islam decides to modernize. Karl Denninger (The Market Ticker blog) has a good writeup on it recently. I share his view.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232103

Islam in it's current form is NOT COMPATIBLE with any other system.

In addition to the ten percent of any group of Muslims who believe the Quran needs to be taken literally there will always be the moderate Muslims who suddenly decide to follow the letter of the Quran and start killing infidels. Guaranteed 100 percent to happen.

It won't stop, only slow down the terrorist  as the segregation of some Muslims in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Pakistan/India  and across the line in Israel proves. Those that are thought of as good in the general population will have children who will become ISIS and try to spread their faith

Davaoeno
On 6/10/2017 at 1:55 AM, rep1 said:

Obliteration of enemies is exactly how we survived.

What are you - some kind of caveman ??