LinC guide to stopping the terrorists in Philippines

Jim_in_Jax
11 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

Sounds good but they attacked the wrong country. Anybody paying attention at the time knew this but as soon as 9/11 happened, within weeks, they were talking about Iraq, never Saudi Arabia. WTF?

And the big talk at the time was that "we're going after anybody funding the terrorists".

Really?

I don't disagree with you.  I mentioned Iraq as the example of the bombing.  SA should have been the target.

• Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davedude

• Headshot

• Davaoeno

• PhilsFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A shift to federalism would be beneficial to defeating terrorism. In a country that is made up of literally thousands of islands and contains dozens of individual nations within its borders, it's the

You want to end the Islamic Extremist problem around the world? Nuke Saudi Arabia, and the root of the problem disappears. All of the money and motivation for this movement comes from Saudi Arabia. It

This thread is my attempt to query our members for real solutions to the rising threat of foreign ISIS operatives coming into the country we love. We have a large number of members with war-fighting e

Posted Images

Jim_in_Jax
10 hours ago, Ozepete said:

OK then, so lets say they start with your neighbourhood. Are you good with that. 

They did, on 9/11.

RogerDat
12 hours ago, davedude said:

With respect you can lay down and die if that is what you prefer.

I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. No government anywhere can tell me I have no right to defend myself or my family. I do not recognize that "authority". Fortunately the Philippine government does allow guns in the house in certain ways. Good enough.

I may not be able to run anymore (ankle) but I can damn sure shoot. If they dont get the drop on me then they are in trouble for sure. Here in Texas I am vetted by the government to legally carry. Law abiding good guy and can help the government with my guns if they request it. I would assist the Philippine government the same way. Just the same way my ancestor helped the US government way back in the day when they called up the Massachusetts citizen militia during the Revolutionary war.

To each his own and I respect your right to do as you please but will never understand people who do not train with firearms.

It says you are in Texas, so bring yourself and family here and lay down your life if you want. We are not in an armed conflict here, this is a 1 city attack.

I am a M1 Garand Gunsmith, and have extensive training with weapons.

Edited by RogerDat
HongKongPhooey

The AFP should establish a Muslim only regiment and give it the responsibility of defending the south/southwest of the country.  Make it an elite force, even more so than the Scout Rangers, special training and allowances, unique uniforms and its own heraldic code (make that up if have to).  Push it as really prestigious, where only the best of the best Muslims in the military can join its ranks.  Give young Muslim men something other than terrorists/bandits/kidnappers/drug dealers to idolize;  machismo overkill; something to beat their chests about since they can be the Country’s honorable defenders of the south from the foreign invaders.  A lot of holes in this suggestion; but maybe a little more plausible than just nuking everyone

• Like 1
easy44
11 minutes ago, HongKongPhooey said:

The AFP should establish a Muslim only regiment and give it the responsibility of defending the south/southwest of the country.  Make it an elite force, even more so than the Scout Rangers, special training and allowances, unique uniforms and its own heraldic code (make that up if have to).  Push it as really prestigious, where only the best of the best Muslims in the military can join its ranks.  Give young Muslim men something other than terrorists/bandits/kidnappers/drug dealers to idolize;  machismo overkill; something to beat their chests about since they can be the Country’s honorable defenders of the south from the foreign invaders.  A lot of holes in this suggestion; but maybe a little more plausible than just nuking everyone

Not a bad idea except none of the local Muslims would join.

Headshot
10 hours ago, PhilsFan said:

Guys,

Can we weave our way back on to the topic of  possible solutions to the real threat of terrorism here in the philippines?  We the members living near the violence aren't likely to do any of the fighting unless our neighborhoods were to be over-run. Bombing CDO or Davao into dirt is a not-so-appealing option. Perhaps there are other suggestions?

Would like to hear from some of our Filipino members what they think are possible solutions, too.

The problem is that Islamic radicalization and terrorism is NOT a national problem. It is an international problem, and the solution must be international. Thinking small will not get you anywhere when dealing with terrorism. The Philippines is just one battlefield in a larger war. World War 3 has already started. Most people just don't realize it.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3
Soupeod

The B-52 is the only real answer.  Iraq'ies where deathly afraid after getting carpet bombed after a couple months and surrendered by thousands... /Salutes to the USAF. 

:bestpost:

• Like 1
Davaoeno
Just now, soupeod said:

The B-52 is the only real answer.  Iraq'ies where deathly afraid after getting carpet bombed after a couple months and surrendered by thousands... /Salutes to the USAF. 

:bestpost:

The question was "  Linc  guide to stopping the terrorists in Philippines  " .   And your answer is that the Philippines should get the USAF to capet bomb the Philippines ??     You might want to put a bit more effort into your answer 

• Like 1
angbumabasa

There is NO easy answer to the problem here and elsewhere. Here there has been a Muslim problem since the Spanish landed and extremism keeps getting reborn with every new generation. Elsewhere similar where a son of OBL is restarting his fathers work. With divisions within the Islamic world the prospect of coordination within that world is not realistic. 

spydoo
21 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Based on your knowledge and experience Bill when exactly did that  " only solution "  occur ?   I'm pretty sure that since I can not find any history of that ever happening you are talking about something that you  actually know nothing about.  

Surely thoughts of genocide are frowned on by most people  ?

No, no. It's definitely happened before. Let's never forget.

Davaoeno
41 minutes ago, spydoo said:

No, no. It's definitely happened before

OK oh wise one- please enlighten me . Exactly when previously was " the sand turned into glass " ??  Since that is what Bill was talking about

davedude
10 hours ago, RogerDat said:

It says you are in Texas, so bring yourself and family here and lay down your life if you want. We are not in an armed conflict here, this is a 1 city attack.

I am a M1 Garand Gunsmith, and have extensive training with weapons.

Would have never guessed garand guy from your post. And the idea is to make the bad guy lay down his life.

Don't need to go anywhere to find creepy ass Muslims, we got them all around us. Helped my son in law return a uhaul truck yesterday and the uhaul facility was right across the street from a frigging mosque. This place is infested with them. Law enforcement put down two close to the walmart I shop at not to long ago. Hopped out of their car armed to the teeth at an anti-islam convention and never got a chance to get off a shot, police snipers were ready for them. The "story" was a regular duty cop shot them both with his sidearm but we know different.

I have two Garands. Love them. Something about the ergo's just seems right. One is a 1945 rack grade Greek return the other was just a stripped receiver I bought all NOS parts for and had Shuff barrel for me with a new criterion. Beautiful pepper laminate stock.

Thanks for your service by the way.

Me and a buddy are scheduling level one rifle class at Tigervalley. can't wait.

www.tigervalley.com

TheWhiteKnight
On 6/4/2017 at 9:25 PM, davedude said:

With respect you can lay down and die if that is what you prefer.

I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. No government anywhere can tell me I have no right to defend myself or my family. I do not recognize that "authority". Fortunately the Philippine government does allow guns in the house in certain ways. Good enough.

I may not be able to run anymore (ankle) but I can damn sure shoot. If they dont get the drop on me then they are in trouble for sure. Here in Texas I am vetted by the government to legally carry. Law abiding good guy and can help the government with my guns if they request it. I would assist the Philippine government the same way. Just the same way my ancestor helped the US government way back in the day when they called up the Massachusetts citizen militia during the Revolutionary war.

To each his own and I respect your right to do as you please but will never understand people who do not train with firearms.

Judged by twelve? There is no such thing as a jury in the PH.

• Like 2
Paul
8 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

You might want to put a bit more effort into your answer 

You would rather have everyone hold hands around the campfire and sing Kum BA Ya.

davedude
2 hours ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

Judged by twelve? There is no such thing as a jury in the PH.

Well ok, It was just an expression. I think you know what i mean by it.