LinC guide to stopping the terrorists in Philippines

PhilsFan

This thread is my attempt to query our members for real solutions to the rising threat of foreign ISIS operatives coming into the country we love. We have a large number of members with war-fighting experience and deep knowledge of the culture here. My intent is to have a thoughtful and reasoned discussion on effective approachs to defeating the rising threat from ISIS and other terror groups in the Philippines. This is serious for me as I live on Mindano and have no desire to leave due to terorristic threats to my family. We have already made small changes to our routine, ie. limiting time spent at Malls and the days of the week we visit them.

I believe it is possible to nip this problem in the ass before it gets out of control.  "Nuke em' All" is not a realistic solution but I would welcome your thoughtful response. I will start this out with some of my thoughts:

It is my belief that the only way to stop them is if ALL filipinos (Muslim and Christian alike) work to together to stop the terror and bloodshed. D30 is in a unique position in this regard as he has the respect of most of the Christian and Muslim population. 

1) Using the model already proven to be effective in slowing the drug problem (I agree it is not perfect) D30 could pay a "Bounty" for terrorists killed or captured. Mobilize and train the citizens to report (or kill) the non-filipino muslims that come into their communities. It's a hell of a lot cheaper (and more effective, IMHO) to give a 100,000-200,000 peso reward to some local muslim or christian guys then to fight them with the military. I realize that some new immigrant innocents might be killed or at minimum harrased, but word would get out quick, the innocent muslim immigrants would stop coming to Phils until the problem is resolved.

2) Set-up border patrols with local citizens using the "carrot" of becoming rich through hunting them down as they come off the boat on these very pourous coastlines. Use booby-traps if there are known travel routes being used to ferry these guys into communities. Touching down on a shoreline anywhere should result in a group of financially motivated "hunters' checking out each Banka coming to shore. The idea here is to nail them before they can organize and hook up with their main group.

3) Imbed their best soldiers (perhaps out of uniform?) with small groups of locals. Form squads of 4-10 "hunters" and give them assigned territory. 

Let's  not forget how effective the filipino's were in WW2 making the Japanese time here not so nice for them in less populated areas. If you unite the people, the terorists can be defeated.

Just a few of my thoughts...some may be ineffective but you have to start somewhere. Anbody else have some good ideas?

Edited by PhilsFan
  • Like 5
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davedude

• Headshot

• Davaoeno

• Jim_in_Jax

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A shift to federalism would be beneficial to defeating terrorism. In a country that is made up of literally thousands of islands and contains dozens of individual nations within its borders, it's the

You want to end the Islamic Extremist problem around the world? Nuke Saudi Arabia, and the root of the problem disappears. All of the money and motivation for this movement comes from Saudi Arabia. It

This thread is my attempt to query our members for real solutions to the rising threat of foreign ISIS operatives coming into the country we love. We have a large number of members with war-fighting e

Posted Images

Jester

Send the US attorneys after them, they can sue them into oblivion.

Follow the money, the money is being transferred somehow, find a bank involved in it and blow it up.  The rest of them will not touch the money so no more terrorists.  

Either solution will work.   

• Like 5
rep1

Give a hundred thousand to anyone who report an angry, disgruntled, jobless, armed, independence-seeking, possible terrorist or potential troublemaker, and kill the reported guy.

They can't do that legally. But that's how commies deal with dissents, by turning everyone against each other. Highly effective.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Tullioz said:

A shift to federalism would be beneficial

Good luck with that one. Those in power would never go for it.

Of the 192 UN member states, only 27 are Federations, while 165 are governed as unitary states. 

Leading examples of the federation or federal state include the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Switzerland, Australia and India.

davedude
4 hours ago, PhilsFan said:

snip

It is my belief that the only way to stop them is if ALL filipinos (Muslim and Christian alike) work to together to stop the terror and bloodshed. D30 is in a unique position in this regard as he has the respect of most of the Christian and Muslim population. 

snip

Just a few of my thoughts...some may be ineffective but you have to start somewhere. Anbody else have some good ideas?

Good thoughts but problem. Muslims will never assimilate because you will never ever get rid of the 10 percent of any Muslim population that interprets the Quran and the teachings of their prophet literally. Unpossible.

Islam is not a religion, it is a political system masquerading as a religion. make no mistake.

To even venture forth with such a proposal like "together" means you do not fully understand what you are up against.

To understand Islam, you must study the life of their prophet, Mohammad, the uncontested by Islamic scholars version. Then you will know that in one case Mohammad lined up 900 men and boys of a Jewish tribe living in Saudi Arabia long before Islam and had them all beheaded, then took their women as slaves and raped them that very night. This is true and Islamic scholars will not disagree. you will not believe how bad it gets. What they have now they butchered and slaughtered their way into.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/muhammad/life-of-muhammad.aspx

And you must know the Quran. The verses of hate, the verses of violence. Allah does not love unbelievers, quite the contrary. And all good Muslims know the Quran by memory. That shit is ingrained into their heads.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

I am under no illusion of "together" with Muslims. no such thing will ever happen. But I also do not believe in interference in Muslim countries or any sovereign nation for that matter. Does not matter how much Muslims slaughter each other, what they do is their business. The intervention into Muslim countries was because progressive criminals are infesting the US government. True constitutional conservatives, like the founding fathers, wound never intervene in other sovereign nations affairs.

I do not seek to harm Muslims. I do not give a shit what they do. But plenty of Muslims want to harm me and you too. Commanded by the book of hate. Islam is always at war with all. no other political system or even religion is.

There has to be an understanding. Islam is a political system masquerading as a religion. With only one goal, the submission of all to it. not compatible with any other non Islamic country.

Muslims need to stay in their countries and we need to stay in ours. Lets just agree to do good business with each other in peace. That is the only solution.

Do your research like I have, or not.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

• Like 3
Goetz1965

If you think WE can do what politicians worldwide couldn't then I have ony 1 solution that fits:
Convert to Islam yourself - so the terrorist wont kill you!
And that gives you also more possibilities like more than 1 woman ... Lol

On the other hand - I learn selfdefense and also think about learn to use rifles/guns again - learn shooting so in case I get a hand on a M14 I can fight back better.

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 1
PhilsFan

Dude,

I am not suggesting the Christians walk hand-in-hand with Muslims. I believe your right that when tensions are high, they don't mix well. Heck, they don't like each other much when there are no tensions. Assimilation as you correctly maintain, will never happen. But if you get Muslims and Christians doing the same things (hunting down the new muslim arrivals) if for no other reason than for the money and safety of their own communities then they ARE in effect, working together to solve a mutual problem.

I have no wish to study the Quran. I could give a feck about religion in general as I believe it creates more problems than it solves.  Appreciate your input and point of view Davedude.

Edited by PhilsFan
  • Like 1
lamoe
4 hours ago, davedude said:

Good thoughts but problem. Muslims will never assimilate because you will never ever get rid of the 10 percent of any Muslim population that interprets the Quran and the teachings of their prophet literally. Unpossible.

Islam is not a religion, it is a political system masquerading as a religion. make no mistake.

To even venture forth with such a proposal like "together" means you do not fully understand what you are up against.

For those who say "they're not that bad or not all are or it's only a few" 10% of  2 bil is 200,000,000 and they approach the problem for a civilized Western point of view

They would never think to sacrifice themselves or their children.

Fundamental inability to comprehend.

• Like 1
Headshot

You want to end the Islamic Extremist problem around the world? Nuke Saudi Arabia, and the root of the problem disappears. All of the money and motivation for this movement comes from Saudi Arabia. It needs to be snuffed out like a candle ... at its source. This was obvious to many as early as 2001. The US shouldn't have attacked Iraq. We should have attacked Saudi Arabia. Even the Saudis royals saw it. They fled their country in droves on September 11, 2001 ... anticipating an attack by the US. The Saudi royal family and the other wealthy Saudis are behind almost all of the Muslim unrest in the world.

• Like 7
PhilsFan
9 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You want to end the Islamic Extremist problem around the world? Nuke Saudi Arabia, and the root of the problem disappears. All of the money and motivation for this movement comes from Saudi Arabia. It needs to be snuffed out like a candle ... at its source. This was obvious to many as early as 2001. The US shouldn't have attacked Iraq. We should have attacked Saudi Arabia. Even the Saudis royals saw it. They fled their country in droves on September 11, 2001 ... anticipating an attack by the US. The Saudi royal family and the other wealthy Saudis are behind almost all of the Muslim unrest in the world.

And.....the first "nuke em' reply, lol.  Agree that Saudi funding is a major problem. Guess we shouldn't have been so nicey nice with SA last week. Everyone should be buying solar panels and wind generators where approriate, but I digress, Sorry.

Edited by PhilsFan
Headshot
38 minutes ago, PhilsFan said:

And.....the first "nuke em' reply, lol. 

Sometimes the only solution is to turn the sand into glass. Cleanse the desert.

• Like 3
Jim_in_Jax
33 minutes ago, PhilsFan said:

And.....the first "nuke em' reply, lol.  Agree that Saudi funding is a major problem. Guess we shouldn't have been so nicey nice with SA last week. Everyone should be buying solar panels and wind generators where approriate, but I digress, Sorry.

If you're referring to the US, it has massive amounts of oil but the environmentals and all the laws about drilling have made it impossible and not profitable for oil companies to even try.  I would bet that there is plenty of oil from other sources around the world that the whole world could stop buying oil from the ME and just let them whither up and blow away.  Without oil money they'd find it pretty hard to fund terrorism.  Another thing, just butt out of their business there and let them devolve into cave men if that's what they want.  The west needs to abandon anything and everything they're doing in the middle east and let them live their lives like animals if that's how they choose.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Jim_in_Jax said:

...the whole world could stop buying oil from the ME and just let them whither up and blow away...

China will always be there to buy all the oil they can get their hands on...

• Like 1
RogerDat

The ex military members on this forum are most likely to old and broken down to get involved in anything similar to physical combat anymore. We cannot own weapons or such needed for the fight if we could do any fighting. Check with Seal Team 6 in Duma and ask there views LOL

• Like 1