Sign in to follow this  
to_dave007

IBC Totes for water storage in the mountain

to_dave007
14 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I just noticed this.  I saw 'double row' but the '16mm' didn't register.  Wow!  That's a lot of steel, like not quite Hoover Dam but holy smokes.

ROFL..  yes.. I know..  Like I said..  built to endure.  I have no idea how much steel to pout in there, but I just calculated the weight of nearly 6000 gallons of water and thought earthquake..  and then..  make it strong..  so..  there it is.  The good news is I shouldn't have to do it again in this lifetime.  The bad news is it's REALLY not portable.

ROFL again..  I just noticed your estimate of 120 blocks above..  the big tank here is solid concrete.. no blocks..  walls all poured in a single day (around 600 cubic feet of concrete)..  team of 9 guys for that day and it still took 10 hours.  I guess I'm not going to get any efficiency awards.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

Paul
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

The bad news is it's REALLY not portable.

:rofl:

SkyMan
On 6/4/2017 at 5:40 PM, to_dave007 said:

ROFL again..  I just noticed your estimate of 120 blocks above..  the big tank here is solid concrete.. no blocks..  walls all poured in a single day (around 600 cubic feet of concrete)..  team of 9 guys for that day and it still took 10 hours.  I guess I'm not going to get any efficiency awards.

Well, I wouldn't use block for 6000 gallons but for the one you're talking about block should be fine.  My neighbor has an in-ground holding tank from his well and an above ground cistern, both about that size and both made with 4" block.  I have a German friend near the beach with like 3 cisterns, the largest maybe 20KL about 5500? Gallons.  It was poured, floor and sides, with Sahara in one day with my mixer which he rented for a small stack of used plywood he didn't need.  One wall of that cistern is the wall of a basement/tool storage/wine cellar and it doesn't leak.  The roof of the basement/cistern is his back porch.

Edited by SkyMan

to_dave007
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, SkyMan said:

Maybe you can but I seem to remember p7K per tank here in Liloan.  I think my blue plastic 1cubic tank Bestank? was p13K 5 years ago.  I would think if IBC tanks were that cheap you'd see a lot more of them in use than the plastic or stainless tanks.

You are right.

Priced the IBC at a place in Talisay (SRP south of SM seaside, right by side of road) ..  6,500 peso each, or three for 19,000, delivery not included.  They had at least 15 in stock and could obviously get more easily. She said (if I believe it) that her cost was 5000 or 5500 plus she pays to get them delivered to her..  so she couldn't give better price.  So she says.

I counted at least 3 different pipe and valve configurations..  with variations in pipe size, mounting config, and valve type (butterfly or ball valve). Apparently there are even more variations as well.  So for sure if anyone wants to get more than one of these they should try to get all with same config for mounting pipes.

99% decided to bite the bullet and make a concrete tank.  It'll cost more, but it will last much longer, and the family is mostly still young so they'll be around to use it for years

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 3

Paul
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Priced the IBC at a place in Talisay (SRP south of SM seaside, right by side of road) ..  6,500 peso each, or three for 19,000, delivery not included.

Holy cow! They are 3000 THB ($88 USD), just across the border.

to_dave007
15 hours ago, Paul said:

Holy cow! They are 3000 THB ($88 USD), just across the border.

If I could figure out where HER supplier got them from I might be able to get 5500 each.

I suspect part of the issue here is that so many people are finding them useful. I spotted a set of about 8 of them arrayed for what looks like water storage at the top of Busay on way up the mountain.   And I've noticed them at numerous road works.. often 3 or 4 at a time..  likely for water storage for hand mixed concrete.  Supply and demand applies..  I suppose.

• Like 1

toshi

i negotiated it down ( in December last year)  to 6000, (in talisay, )

• Like 2

SkyMan

You might try asking around in Tuburan, Tabuelan, or Sogod.  You can get 3 of those on a multicab.  Have your FIL or a cousin do the asking.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

to_dave007
14 hours ago, SkyMan said:

You might try asking around in Tuburan, Tabuelan, or Sogod.  You can get 3 of those on a multicab.  Have your FIL or a cousin do the asking.

Thanks..

I've got good Swiss friend with a multi-cab in Tabuelan..  And a couple I know in town (with sari-sari and big-ish carinderia)  has a larger flat bed (the bed is maybe 15 feet long) that travels to carbon once a week for pick up.  Transport is not a huge issue.  Hmm..  Might be fun to ride into carbon.