Can anyone recommend a MacBook Repairshop in Cebu ?

1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

MSI-ECS will try to scam you - I experienced that with them - DONT GO THERE !

I got my McBook battery replaced then at PowerMac Center Ayala - they did a GREAT job and also told me that if I wait I get a promotion from Apple that gives me a totally free repair - so I waited 2 month but paid nothing !
AND - instead of waiting 3 weeks they dd the job in kust about 1 week.

Regular price for battery replacment is about 200US$ - with labour its never more than 13500php here. 

How long ago was this?  What was the promo that Apple offered?  I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that there have been quite a lot of complaints about expanding batteries?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kreole

• Goetz1965

• Skywalker

• Jawny

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No you're not.  There is nothing in an Apple product that doesn't have a generic (look it up) replacement part. Being a prisoner to Apple is a state of mind, not a state of reality.  Smell the co

I just had batteries and speaker replaced in My Back Book Pro 2013 unit I took the kids to disney land in Hk I went to the computer center in Wanchai right next to the MTR station it took them around

People are trying to help you by giving you options. Its up to you to decide which option you chose.  Be thankful that people care enough to answer you

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ace101 said:

Thanks for the input Goetz1965I will go to PowerMac Ayala then tomorrow morning. I have already set my mind to go to MSI-ECS until I read your comment.

Im just a little bit worried knowing I have to surrender my laptop for a week. My personal details are all in here - credit card details, bank account log in and email log ins. Will the technician will not touch these things?

I have had bad experiences with all repairs here, Apple and otherwise.  I am not able to advise how you can protect your information, but on Mac products you can create a non-admin user for a technician to use for diagnostic work.  This will protect your user information.  

I had a MBP repaired and when I got it back, there was a folder on the desktop with birthday party pictures labeled "lolo". I had a battery replaced, and when I got back to Leyte, I discovered the technician had forgotten to reconnect the keyboard backlight.  Easy to fix, but meant a return trip to Cebu and leave it to be repaired again.  

I have other examples, bit the best was not with an Apple repair.  I had a windows system computer repaired and when I got it back, I discovered a variety of soft core images.  I also had a software added which was commonly used for getting illegal downloads.  This explained the extra days needed for the repair.  

Any repairs I may need I’ll go to the Mac center, not the istore. 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 years later...
KeninCebu

I am restoring this discussion to ask for suggestions on repair for apple products, under warranty and also out of warranty. I have an iPad that needs repair. Istore and other places say they dont' do actual repairs but will only diagnose and sell me a new unit. It's out of warranty. Been on the phone with apple and so far am being told apple products cannot be repaired in cebu even if they are in warranty. 

KeninCebu

Apple is telling me that they won't do anything to repair items under warranty. It's up to the authorized repair store if they will even ship things out for repair.

Jawny
36 minutes ago, KeninCebu said:

Apple is telling me that they won't do anything to repair items under warranty. It's up to the authorized repair store if they will even ship things out for repair.

I don’t know who you refer to when you say "Apple is telling me…". Apple products sold here are under warranty. This means the seller has an obligation to evaluate the product for repair and if under warranty coverage, repair it.  There are several,authorized repair stores, but not all all fully up,to the task.  They may have to send it out for repairs they cannot do.  

I wanted a battery replaced at my expense and one of the better known Apple,repair businesses here simply won’t do battery replacement for items older than so many years, I think it was six. The batteries are available, they just don’t want to do the repair. 

I have had times when my device was remotely evaluated at the Ayala store by a technician in Manila before the repair was done. 

Jawny
1 hour ago, KeninCebu said:

I am restoring this discussion to ask for suggestions on repair for apple products, under warranty and also out of warranty. I have an iPad that needs repair. Istore and other places say they dont' do actual repairs but will only diagnose and sell me a new unit. It's out of warranty. Been on the phone with apple and so far am being told apple products cannot be repaired in cebu even if they are in warranty. 

I forgot to ask in my previous reply….was the device you have under warranty purchased here?  I believe Apple products under warranty from another country are not covered here. 

Goetz1965

Best Repair center still is the PowerMac Center -maybe a bit pricey but they give honest information.
2nd I would say is iStore in Ayala - they rely on the stupid "we have to wait for parts from Singapure" but they do a good job and dont overcharge

• 3 weeks later...
KeninCebu

I spoke to power Mac and the guy did seem knowledgeable. His hands were tied by Apple policies. 

I was on the phone with Apple support. My experience made me worried about buying more apple products. Apple’s position is that the authorized resellers should make repairs or help you send out your product for repair. But they won’t make them do it. It’s up to the local reseller who has an incentive to tell you your device can’t be repaired. Istore and power Mac both say they can fix iPhones and most mac computers. But in practice I don’t have much confidence. Having a non-apple repair option seems key. 

Apple has an obligation under international warranty to make repairs. But they won’t help you other than walking into an apple store. For which you must leave the country.  

I had my iPad repaired at the shop I mentioned and they did a good job.