Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Can anyone recommend a MacBook Repairshop in Cebu ?

Goetz1965

I will now ask in PowerMac Center - if they are too expensive I will use iStore in SM City - thats only 12.500 plus 1.500 handling fee and my MacBook wil be send to HongKong by then. 
But better then my battery goes up in flames ....

toshi

this guy done al my computer repairs, just call him, explain the problem and he wil tell u what he can do,

he wil come to your house and fixes everything flat fee 1500 plus parts...

I suggest u go with generic stuf as skywalker said

i would not let them send your computer to hong kong.. let them order the parts and fix it here....

i cant link to his facebook, so here a screenshot, u can look him up yourself

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 12.57.38 PM.png

Edited by toshi

Kreole
9 hours ago, toshi said:

this guy done al my computer repairs, just call him, explain the problem and he wil tell u what he can do,

he wil come to your house and fixes everything flat fee 1500 plus parts...

I suggest u go with generic stuf as skywalker said

i would not let them send your computer to hong kong.. let them order the parts and fix it here....

i cant link to his facebook, so here a screenshot, u can look him up yourself

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 12.57.38 PM.png

Does he work on Mac laptops?

Kreole
11 hours ago, Skywalker said:

I just dropped off my iPad air tablet at the repair place in Ayala Mall.

They will replace the dead battery with a generic one (from Hong Kong) for 3,500 pesos inclusive of fitting.  Will take a week.

Apple offer no such service, they will only offer a part exchange on a new unit.  Ridiculous.  Which is why I am phasing out Apple and going over to Samsung.

Mac used to be famous for an integrated system, in which every part, program, etc worked with every other part, program in the device, supposedly.  This, as opposed to PC's which have had so many problems with incompatible systems, parts, etc.  I would just as well like to get out of Mac's, especially since most of their system is now off the shelf, so what is the gain?  However, I like the Mac OS, which would be the only reason I would not switch.  Now if I could run the Mac OS on Samsung, or other competitive models, that would be an incentive to free myself from Mac's.  And also, I like the Mac keyboard.  PS:  I hate Microsoft.

Edited by Kreole

Skywalker
9 hours ago, Kreole said:

Mac used to be famous for an integrated system

That was all well and good when personal computers were still cutting edge.  But Apple's insistence on proprietary exclusivity is an obsolete model.  They used to be the go to company for techies, but that is no longer the case.

Instead of realising this and adapting accordingly, they have developed a siege mentality which may lead to their downfall.  Adapt and survive/thrive or become insular.  This crazy mentality of no repair, only part exchange, is just plain stupid - imagine if a car manufacturer tried that.  

Once your car is a certain age, and years out of warranty, would you still take it to an expensive dealership for service and repair. when there are a plethora of good, inexpensive alternatives in the thriving after market sector?

toshi

he works on macs as well, but no expert, but this is just replace a battery, even i could do that, just look it up on youtube and follow the instructions..

Kreole
1 hour ago, Skywalker said:

That was all well and good when personal computers were still cutting edge.  But Apple's insistence on proprietary exclusivity is an obsolete model.  They used to be the go to company for techies, but that is no longer the case.

Instead of realising this and adapting accordingly, they have developed a siege mentality which may lead to their downfall.  Adapt and survive/thrive or become insular.  This crazy mentality of no repair, only part exchange, is just plain stupid - imagine if a car manufacturer tried that.  

Once your car is a certain age, and years out of warranty, would you still take it to an expensive dealership for service and repair. when there are a plethora of good, inexpensive alternatives in the thriving after market sector?

That is why I have always bought the extended warranty.  I have never owned a Mac that did not have issues, not one in over the 30 years I have used them.  I have always sold them after 2 years so that there was still 1 year warranty left.  

Goetz1965

Was to PowerMac Center opposite Ayala Cebu this morning.

Sure they can repair my MacBook - price is the same than MSI told me.
Only I have to leave my MacBook with them until repair is done.
Yes they have to order the parts as they dont have them in stock - and that takes about 3 weeks.
No its not possible that I do the order and have them order the parts first - and then they just call me to bring my MAcBook for repair....
Sorry, but what kind of Bu**sh** is that ...

Ok, I will go back to MSI now - because aleft a bad recommendation on their Facebook page they very fast apologised for the error that happened and told me "ofcourse the cheaper quotation is right" ... Lol ... Lets see whats next there....

Edited by Goetz1965

Ace101

I need to replace my retina macbook pro battery as well asap. I have contacted MSI-ECS in Mandaue but I have to surrender my laptop for 20 days as what they said. Thats just too much waiting time. I need my laptop for work.

Kreole
1 hour ago, Ace101 said:

I need to replace my retina macbook pro battery as well asap. I have contacted MSI-ECS in Mandaue but I have to surrender my laptop for 20 days as what they said. Thats just too much waiting time. I need my laptop for work.

Well, you are in luck.  I just recently had my MBP 2014 completely refurbished; new casing, screen, battery, etc.  For all purposes it is as good as brand new.  I called Apple support (Australia) and requested that they contact the Apple Store repair in SM mall and request them to override the requirement to keep my laptop during the waiting period for parts.  A really helpful service rep contacted the repair store and verified that it was ok to let me keep my laptop for the 3 weeks until the parts arrived.  You will have to surrender your laptop for at least a couple of days while they run diagnostics, but then they will give it back to you after the diagnosis.  Good luck.  BTW, how much will it cost you to do the replacement?

Kreole

For those of you who do not want to go through the hassle, expense and waiting time to get your MBP with Retina repaired, I have one for sale  that is COMPLETELY REMODELED: new screen, new casing, new battery and various other parts.  It is a 2014 model 15".  I have already advertised here at $1,500, but it was too much hassle to keep bumping it up to keep it current, so I gave up.  I just dropped it down to best offer above $1,000.   Make me an offer above $1,000 USD and it is your's.   

Kreole
2 hours ago, Ace101 said:

If your battery has expanded, then it is likely that it has damaged other components in your laptop and you cannot know for sure if this is the case until a diagnostic is done.

Goetz1965

MSI-ECS will try to scam you - I experienced that with them - DONT GO THERE !

I got my McBook battery replaced then at PowerMac Center Ayala - they did a GREAT job and also told me that if I wait I get a promotion from Apple that gives me a totally free repair - so I waited 2 month but paid nothing !
AND - instead of waiting 3 weeks they dd the job in kust about 1 week.

Regular price for battery replacment is about 200US$ - with labour its never more than 13500php here. 

Edited by Goetz1965

Ace101

Thanks for the input Goetz1965I will go to PowerMac Ayala then tomorrow morning. I have already set my mind to go to MSI-ECS until I read your comment.

Im just a little bit worried knowing I have to surrender my laptop for a week. My personal details are all in here - credit card details, bank account log in and email log ins. Will the technician will not touch these things?

Edited by Ace101
additional comments