Anyone used Alibaba or OLX?

A_Simple_Man
6 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Is there a way to get reviews on OLX?  If I click on the seller's name all I get is a page of other stuff they're selling.

I noticed a while back that they changed the format of the site quite drastically and now I cannot see reviews there. (Obviously I have not bought through them for a couple of years).  I remember they used to supply reviews for frequent sellers, but no longer.  I don't think I will buy through them any more because of this.  I see no way to differentiate between the scams and the legitimate sellers now.

shadow
8 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I noticed a while back that they changed the format of the site quite drastically and now I cannot see reviews there. (Obviously I have not bought through them for a couple of years).  I remember they used to supply reviews for frequent sellers, but no longer.  I don't think I will buy through them any more because of this.  I see no way to differentiate between the scams and the legitimate sellers now.

They have changed the format about 3 times in the last year, each time it gets more user unfriendly. Almost completely unusable now. I'm done using them as well.

Too bad they bought out Ayos Dito, or whatever they did, that was my favorite.

Richard K
5 minutes ago, shadow said:

They have changed the format about 3 times in the last year, each time it gets more user unfriendly. Almost completely unusable now. I'm done using them as well.

Too bad they bought out Ayos Dito, or whatever they did, that was my favorite.

yeah the new format blows.. half the time it won't even load

hyaku

I am using OLX to sell something at the moment. After a few days they now ask for P50 to keep the add up. Don't mind the P50 but I am reluctant to use my credit card on there.

• Like 1
Davaoeno
43 minutes ago, hyaku said:

I am using OLX to sell something at the moment. After a few days they now ask for P50 to keep the add up. Don't mind the P50 but I am reluctant to use my credit card on there.

I use OLX daily .  They are not asking you for 50 pesos to keep the ad up- they are asking you for 50 pesos if you want to refresh the ad and put it at the top of the listings !

2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Is there a way to get reviews on OLX?  If I click on the seller's name all I get is a page of other stuff they're selling.

no

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Is there a way to get reviews on OLX?

From the OLX site in July  2015:

. . . It’s human to fear change. Although our brains are hardwired to resist, progress is almost impossible without it. Last March, when we removed the Feedback section on OLX user accounts, a number of sellers naturally responded with their concerns. . . .

https://yaman.olx.ph/lets-talk-about-feedback-why-how-and-whats-next/

I knew there used to be a way to leave feedback but according to OLX that option has been gone 2 years now