Davao City under Martial Law

oztony

Why bother with them responding ...just start shooting them all like the mongrel dogs that they are ...

The family needs to be wiped from the planet , they don't deserve an existence , they are a disgrace to humanity.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• Paul

• Tullioz

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make fun of the Phil military all you want, but they are killing and dying. 

Due to the president's former position as Mayor I would think Davao should be on high alert as an attack there would be a direct message back to Duterte.  Stay safe.

At least four members of the Maute Group were arrested today in Davao. 

Posted Images

Tullioz

If the mayor has the magazine and ammunition to accompany this G36, which I'm sure she does, it appears she is ready for any Maute members who may choose to visit. 

davao.jpg.c376fa944a3987d8ef23ca0d484e421a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 5:36 PM, Tullioz said:

If the mayor has the magazine and ammunition to accompany this G36, which I'm sure she does, it appears she is ready for any Maute members who may choose to visit. 

I hope she's only joking. Does she have bulletproof vest or simply doesn't care? All their soldiers seem rather ill-equipped, in a country that's constantly at war:

A186357A-D9A7-4510-8BB2-D5605680A091_cx0

compared to this:

army-combat-uniform-002-ts600.jpg

armor, comm, camera, medic kit, ...?

Paul
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

compared to this:

Why would you even attempt to compare the Philippine Military with the US Military. Talk about apples and Gulfstream jets.

angbumabasa
38 minutes ago, Paul said:

Why would you even attempt to compare the Philippine Military with the US Military. Talk about apples and Gulfstream jets.

Edited by angbumabasa
  • Like 5
Paul
31 minutes ago, angbumabasa said:

I wasn't making fun of them. I would think you would know me to be above that.

I was stating there is a HUGE difference between their state of readiness, and that of the US Military.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Paul said:

I don't doubt they cannot afford expensive airforce, navy or missile system. But personal army equipment? These things could be a lot cheaper than funeral service and death benefits.

• Like 1
Paul
4 hours ago, rep1 said:

I don't doubt they cannot afford expensive airforce, navy or missile system. But personal army equipment? These things could be a lot cheaper than funeral service and death benefits.

You are forgetting one thing. Life has little value in the Philippines.

• Like 1
Davaoeno
34 minutes ago, Paul said:

You are forgetting one thing. Life has little value in the Philippines.

Gallipoli .  Stalingrad.  Battle of Balaclava Battle of Fredericksburg  etc etc  History is full of cases of needless deaths 

Edited by Davaoeno
Headshot
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Gallipoli .  Stalingrad.  Battle of Balaclava Battle of Fredericksburg  etc etc  History is full of cases of needless deaths 

Do you think deaths incurred in stopping the Islamic extremists are needless?

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

Do you think deaths incurred in stopping the Islamic extremists are needless?

we are not discussing needless deaths.  We are discussing life being cheap.  Two different topics!

Headshot
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

we are not discussing needless deaths.  We are discussing life being cheap.  Two different topics!

Oh. OK, I was sure you had talked about needless deaths in various historical battles. Outdated tactics cause needless deaths (and thereby make life cheap). That is true of every battle you sited. Hopefully, the AFP has been listening to the American special forces advisors (who have spent their careers fighting Islamic militants) and have adjusted their tactics accordingly to meet this threat.

BTW, Philippine special forces are some of the toughest, best trained soldiers in the world. Unfortunately, you can't say the same about the typical AFP soldier. When you start throwing large units into the battle, you get a lot of typical soldiers ... NOT just special forces.

Life is never cheap to the soldier putting his life on the line. It is only cheap to those who send soldiers into battle without adequate planning, equipment and preparation (including accurate intelligence profiles). Knee jerk reactions get people killed ... and not necessarily the ones you want killed.

Edited by Headshot
RogerDat

I remember the Granada deployment where the Kevlar helmets were first used. 1 solider who was hit on his helmet and survived with a slight concussion, life insurgence policy pay out was what all the helmets cost. Where are the Kevlar helmets and vest supplied by the US? This is the first long sedge action the AFP has engaged in since Korea.

They may not be perfect, but looks like they won.

Tullioz
3 hours ago, RogerDat said:

I remember the Granada deployment where the Kevlar helmets were first used. 1 solider who was hit on his helmet and survived with a slight concussion, life insurgence policy pay out was what all the helmets cost. Where are the Kevlar helmets and vest supplied by the US? This is the first long sedge action the AFP has engaged in since Korea.

They may not be perfect, but looks like they won.

It's a bit too soon to be claiming "Mission accomplished". While there is still no doubt that the Philippine government will eventually come out on top, there is still a long way to go in Marawi. They are still fighting against 300-400 terrorist who are holding more than 100 people hostage. 

Beyond Marawi there are many more battles yet to come before this war is over. 

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1
oztony

Then they need to start on their family's , who provide food and shelter and supplies , if they harbor terrorists they deserve to die also ....until these measures are taken this repulsive Muslim problem will never end ...

• Like 3