Davao City under Martial Law

Davaoeno

I am going to post anything relevant that comes up here in Davao .  Davao is very important in the scheme of things since President Duterte ruled here for a very long time. During that time he learned to coexist with the NPA- something which is no longer happening.

Davao City gears up vs CPP-NPA Saturday, May 27, 2017 By KARINA V. CANEDO DAVAO City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said the city is preparing for its army troops after the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) called its armed wing, New People’s Army (NPA), to conduct more offensives as their way of denouncing the martial law. Duterte-Carpio said the preparations for the possible offensives were discussed during the City Peace and Order Council meeting on Friday, May 26. “Nangandam ang duha ka battalion, 3rd IB (Infantry Battalion) and 16th IB sa kaning ilang threats sa atoang security diri sa siyudad sa Davao (Two battalions, 3rd IB and 16th IB, is now preparing with these security threats in the city),” she said. Duterte-Carpio recently reacted to the accusation of the CPP-NPA that the city arbitrarily arrested 300 people.

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news/2017/05/27/davao-city-gears-vs-cpp-npa-544189
Follow us: @sunstaronline on Twitter | SunStar Philippines on Facebook

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• Paul

• Tullioz

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make fun of the Phil military all you want, but they are killing and dying. 

Due to the president's former position as Mayor I would think Davao should be on high alert as an attack there would be a direct message back to Duterte.  Stay safe.

At least four members of the Maute Group were arrested today in Davao. 

Posted Images

SkyMan

Due to the president's former position as Mayor I would think Davao should be on high alert as an attack there would be a direct message back to Duterte.  Stay safe.

• Like 3
Davaoeno

Davao City to issue guidelines for tourists, businessmen Saturday, May 27, 2017 By KARINA V. CANEDO DAVAO City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio is set to release next week separate guidelines to be followed by tourists and businesses in the city within the period of implementation of the Mindanao-wide martial law. Duterte-Carpio said she discussed the issuances to the office in charge of City Tourism office and the city is set to release next week. "Last night we are talking about the 30 things that tourists do in Davao City and the 30 things that business to do in Davao City," she said. Hours after the declaration of martial law, Duterte-Carpio issued 30 guidelines for Dabawenyos in the implementation of Martial Law in Mindanao. As to the effect of the martial law to businesses, Duterte-Carpio said that they could not check the effect yet because the implementation is in its fourth day on Friday, May 26. She added that the tourists are still welcome in the city and they will make sure that they will craft guidelines that can be followed by the tourists. Duterte-Carpio said the cancellation of flights to Davao City is also something that is beyond their control. "Ang pag-declare sa (The declaration of) martial law was a call of our president, what he thinks is needed right now in Mindanao. What we need to do is lessen the impact of the situation sa atoang (to our) tourism and business sectors)," she said. (KVC)

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/local-news/2017/05/27/davao-city-issue-guidelines-tourists-businessmen-544188

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
8 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

What we need to do is lessen the impact of the situation sa atoang (to our) tourism and business sectors)," she said. (KVC)

I swear I read somewhere yesterday that part of the martial law guidelines are not to travel to the area under martial law unless absolutely essential. That is sort of contradictory. Which of course, never happens in the Philippines so I'm quite surprised. 

• Like 1
liquido

Well tomorrow im traveling DVO-CDO-TAG returning DVO on wednesday with CP...As of now no cancellations im aware of....

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, liquido said:

Well tomorrow im traveling DVO-CDO-TAG returning DVO on wednesday with CP...As of now no cancellations im aware of....

CP has an announcement on their website saying there are no cancellations. But if you did already book you can get a refund.

Davaoeno

This is not Davao specific.

In a post on his wall last May 26, 2017, Datumussolini Sinsuat Lidasan, commissioner of the Bangsamoro Transition Commission and executive director of the Ateneo de Davao University-based Al Qalam | Institute for Islamic Identities and Dialogue in Southeast Asia, he wrote: "Just to show you how complicated it may be at the community level. In one Moro family, it is possible that the father was/is a member of the MNLF. His younger brother, possibly is a member of MILF. Their elder sons are possibly AFP or PNP integrees. Their cousin, possibly a politician (mayor or vice mayor) and some of their relatives are possibly members of CAFGU. And their younger relatives are possibly a BIFF or from another group. If you cannot see how complex the situation is, then you know nothing..." It's complicated. As complicated as the growing perception that jihadism is an extension of Salafism because of the extremists who use their sect to spawn hatred and allow the killings of Shias, Sufis, and other Muslim sects, declaring these other Muslims as Takfir, and thus can be slaughtered. This perception is opposed by many Salafis, but the fact remains that the extremists have taken their beliefs, morphed it to fit into their terrorist ways and kill in the name of God.

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/feature/2017/05/29/marawi-ongoing-crisis-544433

easy44

I passed an army checkpoint yesterday on my way to Ormoc, so it looks like they are getting prepared on Leyte. 

Davaoeno

I do a fair bit of driving between Manila and Cebu and Davao. There has always been a military checkpoint coming into Davao from CDO/Bukidnon, and coming into Davao from the north from Tagum.

They have given me shit a couple of times because I was going so fast i couldnt slow down in time for the checkpoint !! But that was before martial law. I wouldnt let that happen at this time. 

• Like 1
angbumabasa
26 minutes ago, easy44 said:

I passed an army checkpoint yesterday on my way to Ormoc, so it looks like they are getting prepared on Leyte. 

Nothing here yet in S. Leyte. Fiestas over and school starts. All quiet. 

Headshot
46 minutes ago, easy44 said:

I would guess they are getting ready anywhere there is an NPA presence, because the NPA has declared war on the government.

Davaoeno

Duterte: I can end this war in 24 hours Monday, June 05, 2017 By JIGGER J. JERUSALEM

RESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte said the fear of leveling the city and killing more civilians is keeping him from finishing "the war in 24 hours." “I can end this war in 24 hours,” Duterte said during his visit to the Philippine Army’s 4th Infantry Division headquarters at Camp Edilberto Evangelista in Barangay Patag, Cagayan de Oro City, to visit the soldiers wounded in action (WIA) in the Marawi skirmishes between the local terror group and the armed forces on Saturday evening, June 3. “All I have to do is bomb the whole place (Marawi) and level it to the ground,” he added. The injured soldiers were among those hit in the "friendly fire" in one of the military’s airstrikes intended to decimate the insurgents holed up in Marawi’s downtown area. The air-to-surface assault killed 11 soldiers in the process. The National Defense is still investigating what caused the botched bombing run. But, Duterte said, since the Philippine is a member of the United Nations and signatory to the Geneva Convention, the armed forces have been restricted to launch a full-on aerial bombardment not with hundreds of civilians still trapped in the city. What the military can do instead is to inflict least maximum damage and collaterals, especially civilians. During his visit, Duterte gave out medals, a .45 caliber handgun, P100,000 check, and a Samsung smartphone which he said the soldiers can use to get in touch with his office for concerns. The wounded soldiers are from various units of the Armed Forces of the Philippines’ Western Mindanao Command, said Captain Joe Patrick Martinez, spokesperson of the 4th Infantry Division. He said the WIAs were airlifted from Marawi and have begun arriving on May 24 until June 2. Martinez said those who are receiving treatment at the camp hospital sustained minor injuries from gunshot wounds and shrapnel. One of the soldiers was hit in his left eye. Duterte said he will be brought to Manila for treatment. The President also told him to take a leave of absence for five years so that he and his wife can go on an extended honeymoon.

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/local-news/2017/06/05/duterte-i-can-end-war-24-hours-545733

• Like 1
Tullioz

At least four members of the Maute Group were arrested today in Davao. 

• Like 3
Tullioz

With the arrest of Cayamora Maute yesterday city officials are taking extra precautions in response to possible reprisals from the Maute Group. It is believed that prior to being arrested yesterday the Maute family members were in contact with members of the group already inside Davao City, so those living there or planning to visit should be aware of the possibilities of a response from the Maute Group in the near future. 

• Like 2