Local wall , and other construction failures

Goetz1965

I moved to Lahug 2 month ago and learned anew ...

The house I now live in is 2 storey and has some "designs" like the frontdoor or the lightbulbs inside the ceiling - so it looks nice ... But its just 2 years old. The cost for this was about 4.5mio php its a little above 100sqm.

The waterbill exceeds 4000php each month as they have a leakage somewhere - for 2 years nothing was done - the first rentee got his bills paid by the company he worked for ... Lol they just paid anything ... Then the house was empty for about 6 month and the owners just paid .... 4K each month for water ... Lol

Last month they had to build a new waterline as I told them Im not goin to pay more than I used to (about 300php each month).

So the company building the house 2 years ago used just cheap materials - the cement of the walls is not very strong - the installations for electricity are cheap - the floortiles already start to get uneven.

I told the owners that usually they have a warranty for all that and the company has to pay - thats when I nearly colapsed when I heard that they bought the house but only got 1 year warranty !!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• SkyMan

• fred42

• Jester

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.understandconstruction.com/concrete-frame-structures.html Concrete block, being used as infill or partition, isn't designed to be part of the structural integrity of a pillar and beam

@A_Simple_Man @Kabisay-an gid @shadow  I thought this worthy of it's own thread , and will save the back and forths about fence construction in "the bad guy's" thread. I have borrowed Dave's

Here is another example of clueless activity , all they had to do was use a chicken mesh or similar to help keep this together , but on goes the concrete without anything to keep it binded together ..

Posted Images

Soarking

WARRANTY?     In the Philippines.    Once they got your money, good luck.

If they are incapable of building it right the first time what makes you think they will return to do it right the second time,  for FREE?

Just look at the building quality in the new condo's or shopping malls.  If it's just marginally acceptable people are satisfied.  If only a few floor tile are broken or loose the first few months, that's OK.   let's be real here,  the building quality here is crap.

Edited by Soarking
  • Like 1
Headshot
25 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

I told the owners that usually they have a warranty for all that and the company has to pay - thats when I nearly colapsed when I heard that they bought the house but only got 1 year warranty !!!

That is typical here. Some companies will back their work for longer, but it isn't common.

• Like 1
oztony

4K of water is a huge amount of water , water is relatively cheap , well not sure of Cebu City prices , but it as cheap as chips on Negros...

You would think a leak like that would surface somewhere to create another issue....

• Like 1
SkyMan
58 minutes ago, oztony said:

4K of water is a huge amount of water , water is relatively cheap , well not sure of Cebu City prices , but it as cheap as chips on Negros...

You would think a leak like that would surface somewhere to create another issue....

Yeah, bad enough to have a ridiculous bill but where is all that water going?

• Like 1
cvgtpc1

Are all the neighbors tapped in? lol

I know that happens with electricity.

• Like 2
Richard K
2 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Are all the neighbors tapped in? lol

I know that happens with electricity.

And cable..

That is a lot of water.. at the rate I use water, and we water and hose down outside every day (not during rainy season.. I am not a politician)... that amount would be almost 10 households at my rate of usage... That seems alot more than a faucet drip or toilet tank running. Me thinks you have a major type leak someplace... My water bill here is less than 300P a month... but then I have gotten naked and into the shower only to find I didn't have any a few times also...

oztony

High rise falls over in Manila 

smokey
9 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

I moved to Lahug 2 month ago and learned anew ...

The house I now live in is 2 storey and has some "designs" like the frontdoor or the lightbulbs inside the ceiling - so it looks nice ... But its just 2 years old. The cost for this was about 4.5mio php its a little above 100sqm.

The waterbill exceeds 4000php each month as they have a leakage somewhere - for 2 years nothing was done - the first rentee got his bills paid by the company he worked for ... Lol they just paid anything ... Then the house was empty for about 6 month and the owners just paid .... 4K each month for water ... Lol

Last month they had to build a new waterline as I told them Im not goin to pay more than I used to (about 300php each month).

So the company building the house 2 years ago used just cheap materials - the cement of the walls is not very strong - the installations for electricity are cheap - the floortiles already start to get uneven.

our water bill is often over 4,000 but then some months its only 1,000 leakage or just lazy water meter reader   warranty gee that's a west thing I heard about

Kabisay-an gid
On 5/23/2017 at 4:25 AM, oztony said:

High rise falls over in Manila 

Wrong!

That was an 8-story mid-rise (the Sai building in Divisoria, Tondo, Manila) - NOT a high-rise. As I stated earlier, mid-rises and low-rises aren't built to the rigorous standards of the safer high-rises. Also, two other mid-rise buildings were under construction in the immediate vicinity of the Sai building.

Six hours after a guard noticed the eight-story Sai Building on Padre Rada Street, Tondo, starting to tilt, the structure collapsed, damaging establishments nearby. There were no casualties.

The building collapsed at 4:40 p.m., crashing down on one side of the adjacent Italy Marketing building...."The building's foundation may have weakened because there was construction work all around it. My assessment is that when workers began pounding to lay down the concrete piles, the soil structure underneath Sai had changed," said Harry Wong, an engineer and a friend of Mansukhani.

Two medium-rise buildings are under construction in front of Sai.

Entire Article: http://www.pinoy-pinay.be/news/20040723.htm

Edited by Kabisay-an gid
oztony
7 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Wrong!

That was an 8-story mid-rise (the Sai building in Divisoria, Tondo, Manila) - NOT a high-rise. As I stated earlier, mid-rises and low-rises aren't built to the rigorous standards of the safer high-rises. Also, two other mid-rise buildings were under construction in the immediate vicinity of the Sai building.

Okey Dokey , medium rise building falls over , happy now.....

• Like 1
oztony

We had an old saying when I was a commercial construction foreman , when we were coming out of the ground , we'd say "if she ain't right here , she ain't gonna be right anywhere else either".......

• Like 1
spydoo
1 hour ago, fred42 said:

Wonder what went wrong here then?

There you have a building fallen over in Shanghai, not in The Philippines.

oztony
3 minutes ago, spydoo said:

There you have a building fallen over in Shanghai, not in The Philippines.

That explains it then , it was "made in China" ........ :)

• Like 3