Sign in to follow this  
Humboldt

Andy Coyne of Dalaguete Cebu passed away

Humboldt

Andy Coyne has passed away last Tuesday due to heart failure, a long time expat owner of Charitos bar and grill in town of Dalaguete Cebu..........

Andy was from Northern California worked at the shipyards and also as a police officer... very interesting guy and he will be missed by all that had the chance to know him ..He is wearing black shirt in this photo along with his buddy Chris.... R.I.P. ANDY COYNE...If anyone knows Charito please give her your condolences.

591fd9cdeb8be_AndyCoyne.JPG.ffa07f040db59b2cdf059d305eb213c0.JPG

• Like 4

Paul

RIP, Andy. You were a heck of a guy. A good friend.

Damn. I liked ol' Andy, a lot.

Charito's still open?

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

cebubird

Yep-heck of a nice guy-and after all the health issues he had a few years back, and recovered from.

Enuff

R I P

hydro

A great friend and a really "good bloke" as we say in Australia. Andy was always willing to help and having the bar he met plenty of people needing help.

Andy's health has been getting worse and in the end he did not seek further medical help .... it was his time to go and he seemed happy about it.

He died peacefully at home.  

• Like 2

Humboldt

Andy knew his time was near, and he didn't want to burden his family with endless medical bills etc... Charito expected something was wrong with him, coz he's always telling her,I'm lucky if could reach my 62nd bday to file for my social security benefits, he refused to go to the hospital in the eleventh hour , 09/09/55 to 05/16/17..a few months shy of his 62nd bday...

• Like 2

USMC-Retired

RIP

Paul
4 hours ago, Humboldt said:

Andy knew his time was near, and he didn't want to burden his family with endless medical bills etc... Charito expected something was wrong with him, coz he's always telling her,I'm lucky if could reach my 62nd bday to file for my social security benefits, he refused to go to the hospital in the eleventh hour , 09/09/55 to 05/16/17..a few months shy of his 62nd bday...

I have stated the same thing, many times. 

Andy actually did well after his stroke, much better than I expected he would.

billy

very sad i use to see him at charitos a nice guy. in the last few months he put charitos up for sale. R.I.P.

• Like 1

Travis

Sorry for your loss guys!!! 

Mr. Mike

RIP buddy..........

Derick

R I P

to_dave007
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Humboldt said:

09/09/55 to 05/16/17..a few months shy of his 62nd bday..

RIP.

And even though I did not know him, I hate hearing about the deaths of guys younger than me.

TequilaSunset

I didn't know him but reading things that have been said about him, it's a shame I never met him.

RIP

Paul
4 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

I didn't know him but reading things that have been said about him, it's a shame I never met him.

RIP

He was quite a character. Had been in the Philippines, and married, for a long time. His wife, the restaurants namesake, is also a very lovely person.