Worms in CR

A_Simple_Man

I have been getting these worms in my CR.  I am now finding 1 or 2 each day.  I don't know what they are, where they are coming from, whether they pose any danger or how to get rid of them.  Until now I squish them up in a wad of tissue and flush them but there are getting to be more of them so i'd like to know what I am dealing with.  The smallest ones are about an inch long and the largest are just over 3 inches when stretched out and they are very thin.  Here are a couple pics of the one I found today.

591c0246679a3_2inchwormwhenstretched.jpg.69dcafc8a870698aafa31d1df13b4f3c.jpg2 inch long worm591c027e2134c_Samewormdifferentview.jpg.41cfddaeebae4eab975471427c240e9b.jpgsame worm different shot

• Like 1
Alfred E. Neuman

Time to call septic tank service. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

I agree...sounds like there may be a backup.

Flushing tissue here can cause an issue as these septic tanks are probably not what you are used to and have a harder time digesting TP

Soarking

We had ours pumped about 2 years ago.  If I remember correctly it cost P 2,000.00.

Soarking

It could be worse.

you could have roaches in the bedroom.

IMG_2677.JPG

A_Simple_Man

So these worms are coming up the drain from the septic tank?  Funny I am not getting any smell  but there have been 2 of us living here for 2 and a half years so does that seem about the right amount of time to fill the tank?

EDIT:  When I think on it that does not sound right but I will have to check because they are most often around the shower drain and I don't think the shower drains into the septic tank in this area, but I'll surely check on that.  I think the shower drains into a gutter, like the sink does, and runs off into a drainage ditch along the edge of the subdivision and into a farmer's rice field.  I say I'm pretty sure as i watched them build it 2 and a half years ago but what I saw may have been a misinterpretation of what they were actually doing.  (This is in Sibulan near Dumaguete where things are not always as strict as, perhaps, Cebu city.)

EDIT 2:  I think I shall find a local lad to open it up and see if it needs pumping.  Thats the best way.  Its sealed up real tight as if no one ever expected to pump it out :-)

Edited by A_Simple_Man
Richard K
49 minutes ago, Soarking said:

It could be worse.

you could have roaches in the bedroom.

IMG_2677.JPG

this is not far from the truth... this is what my gf  got out from under the cupboards from out dirty kitchen .. I had a 2 incher crawl up my shorts one night when I was laying in bed reading.. freaked me right the feck out...

18485718_10154470081855986_4206296808057636345_n.jpg

Lee

Do you have a dog, cat or children in the house or even adults who wipe and put the paper in the trash basket, if so then someone might have worms, they sure look like those, 

Capture.JPG

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

So after all the info in this topic I had some info to google.  I have not seen the flies this guy talks about in his video but the solution seems simple enough.

A_Simple_Man
4 minutes ago, Jester said:

Who would have thunk it?

Thanks.  But your video is about 'adding' worms to the septic tank and I want to get rid of the worms in my shower.  But if the guy knows what he is talking about he is saying he puts worms in his septic tank and only has to empty it once every 10 to 15 years.

EDIT:  BUT you know how one video leads to another on Youtube?  Well watch the one that segues from the one you linked to and check out the hooters on that gal :-)

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 1
AlwaysRt
48 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Thanks.  But your video is about 'adding' worms to the septic tank and I want to get rid of the worms in my shower.  But if the guy knows what he is talking about he is saying he puts worms in his septic tank and only has to empty it once every 10 to 15 years.

EDIT:  BUT you know how one video leads to another on Youtube?  Well watch the one that segues from the one you linked to and check out the hooters on that gal :-)

Here is that same guy talking about septic tank "fertilizer", which is really just adding 'good' bacteria to the system.  

Does anyone know what the Philippine version of septic tank bacteria is called and where to buy?

A_Simple_Man
17 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Does anyone know what the Philippine version of septic tank bacteria is called and where to buy?

I cannot answer that, but I can suggest that the Muriatic Acid they all use to clean the toilet bowl would quickly kill any such bacteria you wanted to add. :toilet:

Richard K

a couple of packets of regular yeast does the same thing.. it adds the needed bacteria to the system.. soap and cleaning solutions kill the good bacteria that eats the poo.. Toilet paper here basically melts in water.. as I am sure you have found wiping with it.

Septic systems here are the weirdest I ever saw.. mostly just a tank.. no leach field and all household water goes into it.. or it ALL goes into the street gutter in front of the house.. that's pretty common really.. 

Edited by Richard K
Woolf
15 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Septic systems here are the weirdest I ever saw.. mostly just a tank.. no leach field and all household water goes into it.. or it ALL goes into the street gutter in front of the house.. that's pretty common really.. 

That all depends where you live I guess

I have a 2 chamber septic tank, grey water goes in to the second tank

the second tank goes into the drainage system together with the rain drainage

all going to 2 big drainage tanks in the sub-division

• Like 1