ozboy

Another Predator Arrested

ozboy

There is another one as well and not sure whether it is worth starting a new topic....here is the gist of it, so it is up to the moderators...His FB page is still open....

A man has been extradited to Las Vegas to face child abuse charges after living and working in the Philippines for a year.

As we reported in March, Brian Keith Ziemba, aged 47, was arrested at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) office in Mandaue City while applying for an Exit Clearance Certificate.

He was then held at the BI’s Bicutan detention centre in Taguig City, Manila, before being extradited to face eight counts of sexual assault and lewdness involving a child younger than 14, four counts of sexually motivated coercion and a charge of battery with intent to commit a sexual assault on a victim younger than 16. 

According to his arrest warrant, Ziemba had told Metropolitan Police Department officers that he would appear to be interviewed on May 17 last year but never showed up. When police later spoke to employees at the two Subway sandwich shops Ziemba owned, they said he had not been seen for a week.

It is believed that Ziemba, along with his wife and 13-year-old daughter, arrived in Cebu on May 20, 2016, and obtained a year-long visa. It is believed he owned and managed a restaurant in Mandaue City.

Ziemba has been released from county jail this week on a bond after surrendering his passport.

A date for his trial is yet to be set.

Man extradited from Philippines to USA faces 13 child abuse charges

POSTED BY: M G MARTIN MAY 13, 2017

http://philippineslifestyle.com/blog/2017/05/13/man-extradited-from-philippines-to-usa-faces-13-child-abuse-charges/

TheWhiteKnight

That's crazy they gave him bail ? he already showed he would take off.

• Like 1

Headshot
6 minutes ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

That's crazy they gave him bail ? he already showed he would take off.

So, next they will be searching Mexico for him, since no passport is necessary to walk into Mexico.

• Like 1

Soarking
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

So, next they will be searching Mexico for him, since no passport is necessary to walk into Mexico.

I don't think he can get on a plane out of the Philippines without his passport.   And I highly doubt that the US Embassy will issue him a temporary one to leave the country.

However it's not hard to just disappear here in the Philippines.  Although what kind of life would he have constantly looking over his shoulder and waiting to be picked up.   Then he may spend some serious time in a Philippine jail.

• Like 1

Headshot
11 minutes ago, Soarking said:

I don't think he can get on a plane out of the Philippines without his passport.   And I highly doubt that the US Embassy will issue him a temporary one to leave the country.

However it's not hard to just disappear here in the Philippines.  Although what kind of life would he have constantly looking over his shoulder and waiting to be picked up.   Then he may spend some serious time in a Philippine jail.

Read the story again. He was extradited from the Philippines to Las Vegas, Nevada. It was the court in Las Vegas that granted him bail.

• Like 2

TheWhiteKnight
21 minutes ago, Soarking said:

He's already back in the USA as stated in the article.

samatm

So the man is a business owner of two Subway franchises... I wish he could have brought one to Cebu!    If he was extradited i wonder if he had crimes to speak for in the US or were all the alleged crimes done in the PI>   I think he is fortunate that he was able to get sent back home.  If he is guilty I hope  they throw the book at him with full force.  

SkyMan
32 minutes ago, samatm said:

If he was extradited i wonder if he had crimes to speak for in the US or were all the alleged crimes done in the PI>

Crimes in the US, then moved to Cebu for a year.  Probably did things here too.  I wonder where he was heading or if he knew they were on to him.

SkyMan

Sounds like he came on a BB.  How hard would it be to find him here if his wife was pinay?  Why did it take a year?

shadow
12 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Sounds like he came on a BB.  How hard would it be to find him here if his wife was pinay?  Why did it take a year?

If he wasn't hiding, it should not be hard to find him at all. If he was hiding, he's not too sharp!

TheWhiteKnight
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

The Philippines probably doesn't have the budget to go tracking down every damn criminal the embassy tells them about. It's not like you give your current address when you arrive on a BB. Clearly he didn't know they were on to him otherwise he wouldn't have gone to apply for an ECC where they check all the databases (or he's just an idiot). It didn't take a year to find him, they weren't looking, he just applied for an ECC he didn't need and they ran a routine systems check.

The stupid thing is that he didn't even need an ECC, if he entered under BB on May 20th 2016 it means he was free to leave with no ECC at all, even today (until the 20th of May).

Edited by TheWhiteKnight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

samatm
1 minute ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

The Philippines probably doesn't have the budget to go tracking down every damn criminal the embassy tells them about. It's not like you give your current address when you arrive on a BB. Clearly he didn't know they were on to him otherwise he wouldn't have gone to apple for an ECC where they check all the databases (or he's just an idiot).

The stupid thing is that he didn't even need an ECC, if he entered under BB on May 20th 2016 it means he was free to leave with no ECC at all, even today (until the 20th of May).

True . he wouldn't need an ECC until he is over 6 months past his Balikbayan stay period, but if his name was in the database already dont you think immigration would have snared him as he tried to exit the country? 

TheWhiteKnight
Just now, samatm said:

True . he wouldn't need an ECC until he is over 6 months past his Balikbayan stay period, but if his name was in the database already dont you think immigration would have snared him as he tried to exit the country? 

Maybe, maybe not, they don't seem to be doing much of a check when I exit most of the time, but the ECC is a real check they even give that VIMS certification form. If he was on BB they wouldn't have bothered with an ECC at the airport. People slip through departures all the time, even Filipino's haha. I would have taken my chances on that route than an ECC.

• Like 1

SkyMan
2 hours ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

he Philippines probably doesn't have the budget to go tracking down every damn criminal the embassy tells them about. It's not like you give your current address when you arrive on a BB. Clearly he didn't know they were on to him otherwise he wouldn't have gone to apply for an ECC where they check all the databases (or he's just an idiot). It didn't take a year to find him, they weren't looking, he just applied for an ECC he didn't need and they ran a routine systems check.

I was talking about US authorities as he was wanted there.  The RP should have been able to tell if he had entered the country.  Perhaps they knew and didn't bother to look for him here.  Seems rather callous though, endangering kids here.  He could have just gone TNT for many years.  Glad he screwed up.  If his wife isn't pinay then the article is wrong about the 1 year visa.

Dragonlordfrodo

I'm not from the Phillipines and have never been there or anywhere in Asia, but I stumbled upon this forum searching for this man. I'm from Buffalo, NY. The man in question used to live in Buffalo back in the 80's and 90's. He was friends with my family, even babysat me as a kid. Nothing happened to me back then, I guess he was into little girls not little boys. He did do some pretty shady things to members of my family though including black mail and menacing with a weapon. This was in the maybe early to mid 90's. I was wondering if there has been any sort of update to this story such as results of a trial and sentencing. All I can really find is stuff from 2017. Thanks.